ITT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ITT Interview Questions

Interviews at ITT

2.4

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process but easy interview. Depending on the location, you must be a native citizen due to the sensitivity of the work being done there. Basic knowledge check, school experiences, and previous work experience questions. Honestly, one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.

Opex Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Basic questions asking about my experience. Asked current salary, required salary, and if I owned a home. I think it was required for relocation. Said he would get back with me but never did.

Interview Questions

• None. All question were straight forward. If you are confident in your abilities you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Educational Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT (West Covina, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I was invited to a group interview (together with about six other people). The group interview was fairly easy, mainly the director of recruiting spoke and gave an overview over the position. She also addressed salary (which was in the lower $40.000-range) and that this job was sales job (which wasn't completely clear to me reading the position announcement).
    About a week after the group interview I was asked to do a six minute Wonderlic test online which was fairly easy. Then I was I was invited to a phone interview with very standard questions. A few days later I had an on-site interview, again with the Director of Recruitment which was a bit of a disaster. I was supposed to be there at 10:30 am but the person who was supposed to interview me didn't show up till 11 am. Then I was supposed to take another Wonderlic test but the Director of Recruitment was unable to set the test up for me on one of the computers. The person tried for about 2 hours, finally called technical support. In the meantime she had me fill out (!) the questionnaire with the questions she was supposed to ask me during the interview, so technically she actually wasn't interviewing me. These questions were again pretty standard and a repeat of the questions from the phone interview. The only question that really irritated me was something along the lines of "How far would you go in distorting the truth if it helps your sale?" The wording was slightly different but it was pretty clear to me that they wanted to know if you would lie, if you "had" to. Whatever you answer to this question is, of course, your choice but considering that you are trying to get people to buy an education of $48.000/year (the merits of which are not entirely clear), I chose to answer honestly and tell them that no, I would not lie.
    After almost three and a half hours (and another short interview with the Educational Director) I could finally take the test which was also not too difficult but I was honestly exhausted by then and stunned by the lack of professionalism in conducting this interview. After the skills test there was another 60 question personality test which contained questions like "Would you like to rule the world?", "Have you ever lied?", "Do you like to be the center of attention". They make you answer these questions in two ways: You are supposed to tell them how the ideal candidate for this job would answer the question and how you personally answer the question.
    After the interview I did not hear back from them at all, so I called and I was told that my test score was below what they expected which was not completely surprising to me because I knew that I had been tired and weary by the time they finally had given me the test. I successfully completed graduate school and did very well on the GRE (which is considerably more difficult than the Wonderlic), so I know brains is not the problem. I was also told that they had a "hiring freeze" which was a bit surprising because the Director of recruitment conveyed a sense of urgency in hiring people.
    Anyway, overall the Director of recruiting was very nice and friendly but this particular interview wasn't handled so well.

Interview Questions

• How far would you go (in distorting the truth) to make a sale?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle problems with difficult co-workers?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT (White Plains, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied using the online process. I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen. I provided availability which included same day options. HR set up an appointment for the same day. Less than a week later (on a Friday afternoon) I received an invite to interview the coming Monday 12:30-5pm. I acknowledged the email and agreed to the onsite interview. I then received a schedule of people I would be meeting.

On Monday morning, I received an email from HR saying that someone was out sick - I should arrive at 1:30 instead. I arrived at 1:30 to be told that 2 more people would be unavailable but HR was able to schedule a meeting with someone who would typically see me during a second round.

I first met with the HR rep. She was full of energy and passion for the company and her colleagues. We had a great rapport.

Next I met with the person who had not originally appeared on the schedule - a Director level in IT. Again, we had a great rapport and I was told that looking at my resume and hearing about my experience - it looked as if the position was written for me. He was also full of energy and passion for the company and his colleagues - mentioning that though it was now small - you could walk down the hall and chat directly with a very senior person in the organization.

Next I met with the hiring manager's supervisor - a Director level in HR. I have thought about our meeting many times since then and have yet to remember a time in which I felt more UNWELCOME or UNWANTED during an interview. She was abrasive and evasive - and always with a smile. She told me that I clearly did not have the qualifications for the position. When I explained that I did have the qualifications and how they related - she cut me off. I asked what the hours were like at the company and she told me that she did "not quantify them - they were like her last company - typical corporate hours"..... She ended the meeting 20 minutes early and escorted me to a conference room (I was scheduled to meet the next person in their office).

I sat in the conference room for 25 minutes until the HR coordinator came in to tell me that the hiring manager would not be able to meet me - she was on an important call...

After hearing great things about ITT from an employee perspective, I had high hopes.

After going there and being treated like dog doo on the bottom of a shoe - I wish I had never walked through the door. Not only did I feel attacked by the last person with whom I interviewed ( - and by the way, it is okay for her to feel this way - but tell it to the HR Coordinator and Rep - don't keep BULLYing the applicant) I considered the enter exercise a waste of time.

It has been more than a week and I've not had a follow up from anyone...

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question considered difficult or unexpected - but the horrible feeling of being bullied by an HR Director   Answer Question

Gun Smith II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT in June 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was easy and the interveiw was also easy

Negotiation

There was none,you start at $16.25 and you stay at $16.25 the hole time you work for that company.

Legal Extern Interview

Application

I interviewed at ITT in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with two attorneys, took place in a small conference room, they talked about what ITT was a company, my interests in law in general, who I would be reporting to

Human Resources Position (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT (Valencia, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

A staffing firm sent me to the Valencia, CA location for a possible long-term temporary assignment The role itself was not a true representation of the assignment. I was told it was a HR Generalist role but in actuality, it was truly a HR Assistant/Administrator role. One of the interviewers yawn on several occasions throughout the interview which I thought was rude. The other interviewer was prior military which I was too and thought I had a good rapport with her. She wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. However, after a couple of days, I was informed by the staffing firm that they passing on me without even granting me a second interview. I'm shaking my head because i was told that the second interviewer said that she wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. I guess this company isn't friendly to Military Veterans after all!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

Never-ending, Joke. After 4-5 months from applying to offer (just shows how unimportant you are) and over 12 interviews in about 6 separate forums, they made a lame offer after weeks of verbal promises not met.
    Their own sales reps mentioned that they watch the sales reports data like a real-time ticker tape. Micromanagers and no direction, everyone is scared to make a decision or be held accountable.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

They asked too many questions for a job that only pays $1,500 per class. You are responsbile for things like student attendance you have no control over.