Illumina Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Illumina Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on Indeed, the HR person contacted me about 4 weeks after I submitted the application. I had one technical interview via phone and one in person interview. Phone interview was a series of questions related to physics/engineering. In person interview was a series of one on one interviews with about 5 people it took approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with a coworker in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina in November 2016.

Interview

Firstly a video interview with 8 questions, all of them are basic behavior questions, you can prepared before you start then a phone interview by a engineer from the process department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone interview - which was mainly behavioral - and then moved onto an on-site interview w/ a couple of waves of people for two hours (30 min per wave). It was very exhausting and I was nervous through every minute of it.

Interview Questions

• If I have a metal box in an oven at 60 degrees C and pull it out at room temperature, draw me the temperature profile.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The whole process is very efficient and professional. I had chance to talk to 8 people during the onsite and did a presentation to the whole group. Overall, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to collaborate with others   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

first step was virtual video interview, very weird. Many steps further with recruiters and hiring managers. Multiple times I was waiting for the phone call with recruiters and they never called... horrible experience... horrible. Hiring manager called 45 minutes later than he should have called!! very humiliating experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of technical questions on the phone interview with the hiring manager   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial 20 minutes phone screen. Asked many questions listed by others. Asked behavioral questions such as ideal workplace, ideal manager, ideal work environment. Asked basic statistical questions about average, standard deviation. Asked about DNA structure, bonding, base pairs. Asked about my current position, why I'm interested in the company, why I applied for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you break in the bonding of base pairs in DNA?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illumina in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online at mid of December. Phone interview includes behavior questions and technicial questions about the role I was applied for. On-site interview was more like an event including group activities,campus visit and technique interviews.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview about 30 minutes. First asked standard behavioral questions like why do you want to work for us, what mistakes did you make in the past, what demotivates you, etc. Then some situational questions like when you encountered a conflict. Also asked about bio and chem related concepts. Overall fair interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe one time you made a mistake.
           Why do you want to work at Illumina.
           What is DNA made of.
           How to break DNA bond.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview - An hour long phone interview. Discussed statistics and some chemistry such as DNA, DNA bonding, etc.

Interview Questions

• Lots of stat questions like "What is a null hypothesis? What does an ANOVA test do?" etc.   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

A lengthy but thorough interview process for the iAspire program. The questions were technically difficult but not riddles or anything out of the ordinary. Each applicant competed against one other candidate for an internship spot. Everyone went through a technical interview, group challenge, presentation, and teamwork activity as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the chemical makeup of a fluorescent molecule?
      Tell me about a difficult problem you encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.