Illumina Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Illumina Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in June 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, both with mostly good technical questions, can not disclose
They were pretty standard for the position - algorithms, data structures, complexity, several specific algorithm for the data processing
Also they were not advanced to the face-to-face interview I feel that I would be very good for the position

Interview Questions

• All questions were technical, not hard, interviewers were friendly and calm   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Was sent a form from a recruiter to fill out asking about salary, location, how I found Illumina, general questions. About a week later, I got an email back saying they would like to move forward with me to a phone screen. I had about a 45 minute conversation with two senior software engineers, covering a bit about my background and usual java questions. I was then invited for an on-site. The on-site consisted of 3 (maybe 4, can't quite remember) panel interviews and a coding challenge where I wrote some code with half completed projects. I had about an hour to write about 5 programming questions without use of the internet. Everyone I met was extremely nice and had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty standard Java questions alongside the coding challenge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with two Illumina employees. Went well for a while, but there were a few questions I did not expect which I stumbled on. Nevertheless, in general it was still a positive interview experience, and it gave me some insight on subject I still need to improve on.

Interview Questions

• Explain inheritance and overloading functions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illumina (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview took me 1 hour in total. There are two group of people interviewing me, each of section is 30 minutes. Since it's was first round, the questions are relatively easy. Most of them are some general questions, and some of them are technical questions. Technical questions are about server side programming, and some questions are about database.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was rather quick. I was submitted on a Thursday and by Friday they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of OOD questions and then questions about C# and the .NET framework. I then had an on-site interview which consisted of two 1-hour whiteboard interviews with two different people in each interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a queue using two stacks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with a developer.
    Long onsite interview. The onsite interview involved tech interview, presentation, team building(One participant will look at the lego structure and others would try to build the structure from the pieces based on the instruction from the person who can see the lego) and a group problem solving (Each member of group has some info about the problem, they come together to form a team, its fun).
    Tech interview was very vague.

Interview Questions

• How google manages to display map so quicky?
      Do you know about javascript? Describe MVC architecture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later about a digital interview. This consisted of recording my answers to questions with my webcam and submitting them. There are no re-dos on the answers and only a limited amount of time to read the questions. I found the process awkward and somewhat troublesome. I would have preferred a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were general and over topics asked for in the job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First, there was a digital interview where I was asked normal behavioral questions. Next, I moved on to a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. He was a software engineer, but he mostly deals with high-level design and architecture for the projects his team works on. I mostly spoke with him and asked questions. He only asked me two questions at the end. What was my availability and what is my strongest programming language? I am still in the process at the moment.

Interview Questions

• Why Illumina? and What makes you better than other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview, it had 6 questions and 3 of them were asking about your past experiences while the other 3 were technical theory. It was fun to do but I did not expect those type of theory questions and they were worded strangely so I didn't quite understand what they wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Long day, but most of the employees were great and very friendly. One rude manager.
    Overall good, although there could have been a better indication of how to prepare and exact needs for role fit.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.