Imageworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Imageworks

2.5

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)).

Interview

All day interview with various groups, changing each hour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just asking questions about various technologies and gauging comfort level / enthusiasm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, offer was above and beyond what I expected at the time.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call asking if I was interested in an animation position. I said Yes and then was set up with an interview for the following week. Interviewed with Animation Director. Few days later got a call with an offer. Everything went very smoothly. HR at the time was very good and moved things along while keeping you updated if you hadn't heard from them in a few days.

Interview Questions

• None, it was the easiest interview ever. It was more like a get to know you type of interview, which was nice. They see if you are interested in the project for the most part. I was prepared for a much harder interview, but didn't have to worry. Most animators are not great interviewees, but that works in your favor. The biggest factor in getting the job will be your animation reel; if the leads and animation director like your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give you an hourly rate. You can probably negotiate more if you want to, but that could extend the time frame a little as they need to get approval for a higher rate.

Animator Interview

Interview

Most of the work was headed up to Canada so the interview steered towards that topic most of the time.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with their recruiter who passed me along to the senior web produce. I met her and the director of special projects and had a fairly standard interview. They did present me with several documents and asked me to tell them what I could about them. For instance, they handed me a project timeline and asked me to tel them what was wrong with it.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Got the position through a posting at my college, and was called in for an interview. When I got there, I was interviewed by the HR people and they asked me basic questions about my resume. Then I was moved in to meet with the Vice President of the Systems Department as well as the HelpDesk Manager, they were very cordial, asked me what were my computer systems experiences and they showed me around the campus after the interview.

Senior PST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

First: Coding challenge to prove you can code
    Second: If you pass the first part, panel interview with the Lead PSTs. You go over your coding challenge and other possible work scenarios.
    Then it took a day or so to find out the results.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of times a name appears in a list of names using shell comamnds?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little, but it's a standard rate for new hire PSTs.

Intern Interview

Interview

Laid back, standard interview questions, interview committee included managers and direct supervisors, two interviews: casual (one on one) and committee. Seemed like managers cared most about how you would approach a problem, and if you would fit into the company culture.

Character Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via linkedin/email, who organized date/time for google hangout video call with supervisor animator. Took about 10-15 minutes. Heard back with an offer very quickly (in a couple days)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your process and how you approach animation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Imageworks.

Interview

Some interview questions followed by a trip around the company.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if one of the teammate in your team does nothing?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview was with 3 leads in the cloth and hair department. The feeling I got was that I had the job in the bag and they were afraid I wouldn't be interested.

Interview Questions

• "you're more senior, are you sure you would be happy with mostly just shot work?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not ask for more money, but the HR lady somehow got me 2k more a year without me asking.
    I negotiated the ability to sub out a friday for OT the rest of the week, once a month, so I could travel back home and visit my son. Since this job had me moving 1000 miles away.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.