Indegene Scientific Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

2.0

Scientific Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indegene (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the whole interview process spanned over 3 weeks, and they made me come in for every single round on a different day and this even after I told them that I could not avail a leave for each round of interview from my present job. The recruiting HR seemed least bothered about the fact that I was travelling close to 25 kms one way each time they called me for a fresh round; secondly the waiting period, after arriving at the venue, I was made to wait for nothing less than a couple of hours for my interview to begin (sometimes in the lobby, sometimes in the interview cabins). If all this wasn't enough, the final round was with the director of the editorial team, this was special. On this particular day, I was called in suddenly as I had to leave the previous time as the director was unwell to conduct interviews. After rushing in from across one corner of the city to get to the venue on time, I was made to wait for 3 hrs at a stretch cause the director was busy attending meetings (why call someone when you have to make then wait for this long, time is important to all, you can be the director or the janitor). If this was not enough, the interview was the worst part with this person, very reminiscent of a PTA meeting albeit bad marks or a pathetic report card. The person was RUDE, highly opinionated and totally unethical in his/her choice of vocabulary. This person seemed more keen at making a judgement at each of my career choices (note to the director-who-speaks-from-a-place-of-privilege: The grass is greener on your side, you have no idea what people have been through in life, and I know it kind of gives you a thrill to sit in your plush leather seat and pass judgements and smirk at people, but there is something called 'humanity' - wonder how all these years of climbing up the corporate ladder never taught you humility or treating another human with dignity. Every time this person asked me if I had something to say and then abruptly cut me off even before I could talk (by now, I was wishing this nightmare could end). Seemed like this person was demeaning me the whole time to cut a slack on my pay package - cheap trick right!!

Thanks to never being associated with a company with such poor people skills.

P.S: I wasn't being the victim, I was holding my ground of self-respect and dignity with a person who lacked both!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to work in the same profile after you quit from the same role?   1 Answer

Indegene Response

25 Sep 2017 – Team Indegene

Appreciate your efforts in taking out time and providing us a detailed feedback.

We regret the interview experience you had with us.

We understand your concern on travelling multiple days for... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.