Indian Overseas Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Indian Overseas Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Indian Overseas Bank

2.4

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied through there website. Interview after 3 months. The indian manager accused me of wasting their time. Said that they will simply reject me as I was not from chennai and I speak no tamil.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with a customer that speaks only tamil?   Answer Question
    • If none of your colleagues speaks English, how will you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know the city of chennai?   Answer Question
    • If none of your colleagues is Chinese, will you feel comfortable?   Answer Question

Trade Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied in Oct 2018 in response to there advertisement in jobstreet. Telephone interview followed by panel.
    Waste of time as the bank plan was to reject all the candidates in Singapore and get someone from India.

Interview Questions

• Don't you know that we do not hire in Singapore? We have 10,000 people waiting in chennai to join here?   Answer Question
    • Many of our staff and customers do not speak English. Is this OK with you? How long will it take you to learn tamil?   Answer Question
    • If you join us, we will fire you in 2 months or less. Is that fine with you?   Answer Question
    • If we harass you in the office will you report to the authorities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank.

Interview

3 Member Panel, Quizzed on that day's current affairs and my opinion. One person was observing my posture, English speaking skills and like. The interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Patna, Bihar) in November 2016.

Interview

Entry level job questions were asked on my education family background and previous work. I was earlier working at food corporation of India. Most of the questions were asked on previous employer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank.

Interview

It was very nice . All the interviewers were very cooperative and cordial. Questions asked were basically from my stream and few banking basic knowledge. It was easy. They see confidence and attitude and dnt test ur knowledge in interviews so stay focussed.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Chennai) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted for around 10 minutes. The interview was conducted by a 4 member panel. The person who was heading the panel was very encouraging and very interactive. The questions ranged from my personal details, previous emplyment and topics related to economics.

Interview Questions

• I attended the interview 5 years ago.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank.

Interview

The Hiring is done through a common written exam(CWE) conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) and a common interview.The test has 5 sections English Reasoning QA GA and computers. The interview is conducted by a panel consisting of various bank executives.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Hyderabad) in March 2014.

Interview

Very stress-free and cordial environment.Focus on knowledge and facts.Very knowledgeable and renowned panel.Interview was easy as I had prepared well.Mostly Current affairs,polity,Science.Its pretty easy to get through if you are studying.

Interview Questions

• Economy,Polity,Science,Current Affairs.   1 Answer

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank.

Interview

Written test+interview

Interview Questions

• Why join a PSB and not a private or a foreign bank   1 Answer

Asst Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank in January 2014.

Interview

Clear ibps test and once u get selected and be in rank list u will be called for interview. Be confident in interview and if you don't know it do let them know honestly .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.