Indian School of Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Indian School of Business Interview Questions

2.9

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian School of Business.

Interview

2 rounds of interview and 1 face to face interview in campus. Fairly regular questions based on personality, work and domain area. The first round was rigorous whereas the other two were merely for formality.

MBA Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) in June 2012.

Interview

June 2012. The panel was completely disinterested in doing its job and it seemed like the decision had been made even before the interview started. Complete lack of courtesy and professionalism on the part of the professor on the panel and the two former students. I did waste significant time and money going to this. Upon my return home, I wrote to the university, and they apologized and promised to look into the situation. Since I never heard back from them, I guess nothing was done.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indian School of Business in January 2009.

Interview

Resume based. look for KRA, KPI etc
    ISB looks for people who are confident, above average and smart. Paint big picture, show cockiness and talk great about the school. Guys walk to hear good things about what ISB has done in last 10 yrs!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much latitude unless you know the senior people. If you are coming from a clique then variation upto 20% is possible!

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) in January 2013.

Interview

It is an interview with professor who was interested in knowing about your work experience and aspirations about doing a phd or long term career aspirations and they are very professional and its a enjoyable event

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mohali, Punjab

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Mohali, Punjab) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had an interview with a really cool professor. He asked everything mentioned on my resume. Very basic questions. And why I wanted to join Indian school of business

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) in August 2012.

Interview

1) HR INTERVIEW (basic questions about ISB).
    2) Technical interview with a professor in your chosed area.
    3) Final discussion
    The interviews are easy. They just want to test willingness towards an academic career

Interview Questions

• Do you want to do research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation direct offer letter

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad).

Interview

Selection for interview, Interview in front of panel of experts, generally 3-4 people in panel and then if selected joining. 6 months probationary period.

Interview Questions

• Can be from your work experience or related to qualification and future goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing much to negotiate

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) in June 2015.

Interview

More of a conversation. No difficult questions. received call from recruiter who did initial screening followed by one on one with the HR head. soft skills based questions. next stage with immediate supervisor who asked about fitment for the role. final screening by dean, who will generally check cultural fit.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Professor I applied to. I was asked to do some literature review as a part of the interview. Was interviewed later by another professor from the same department.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in pursuing a career in academic research? Why & how soon   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roorkee

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian School of Business (Roorkee) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process for RA at ISB is divided into two steps:
    1. Resume submission
    2. Telephonic Interview

First, there was submission of resumes through online portal for two profiles: Operations management, Marketing and Sales. The candidates were shortlisted on the basis of resume/CV for each profile. The basis of selection primarily your CGPA and prior research experience(if any).

The interview for Operations management profile was difficult. Both techincal and HR questions were asked.

The interview for Marketing and Sales profile was complete HR round. The professor asked normal HR questions like "Tell me about yourself","Why do you want to join ISB", any prior experience in business research/competitions. The candidate having prior experience in research has got a good chance in making to the ISB.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question as such. Just normal HR questions and asked about knowledge of software like C++, Matlab etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.