Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Interviews at Indigo Books & Music

2.4

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Fun and friendly group interview process. Based on sharing, listening and connecting. We all enjoyed it. Hiring managers and candidates, alike. The process definitely was not what I expected but I was pleased.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal manager look like?   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Questions

• The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

It was a co-op position and I applied through my school's internal system. A phone interview was conducted. Since it was a junior position, the interview was on the behavioural side with a the typical behavioural questions and a small few related to the technologies they use as described in their positing.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Five rounds - Cognitive assest, Coding, Communication Assessment, Technical Interview, HR Interview
    Be well prepared. Coding question will be difficult.Once you clear coding round had the work is done. Be confident.All the best.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

You interview in a group with various phases. There are questions asked to the group, there is a group activity to play/do together and then simulating helping customers on the floor. Very low-stress, kind leadership from staff and room to show who you are! My first group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a book you've read recently? What did you like about it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

It was a group interview for the first round, played a bunch of team games and icebreakers. It was very easy-going and three managers were present. The second round was an individual interview with behavioural questions.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2020.

Interview

There was a quick two-question introduction interview, followed by a group interview session, and pick a gift game for one of your fellow interviewees. It was a long process, it took 1 hour and half to get through the entire interview.

They emphasized on storytelling, but I'm not sure how that translates to being a good customer service representative.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2020.

Interview

Applied in September, got offer in November for a seasonal position. The interview was in store and lasted about 1.5 hours. It was pretty chill, there weren't and difficult questions. The first section was where we were asked basic interview questions like, why do you want to work at Indigo? How did you handle a difficult customer at your previous work? Talk about a time when you forgot a deadline or made a mistake, and how you resolved the situation.
    The second question was a lot of fun and more hands on. We were asked to go roam around the store and pick a book we enjoy, then we were asked to do a short introduction of the book, and why we picked it. After that, we exchanged books with another applicant and had to look for two items within the store that you would recommend based on the book you were holding. After coming back, we did a short explanation on why we chose the items we did.
    Got my offer within the next few days of the interview, so it was quite a swift process other than the initial interview offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was in a group interview setting with other candidates. A phone interview was originally scheduled but then switched to a group interview. Manager was very nice and kind. Asked regular interview questions. Calm and supportive environment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2020.

Interview

It was a group interview and we were each asked a few questions. There was some role playing and we were asked to go find some items that represented us. They asked us our availability as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not meet a deadline   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.