Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process takes one day and goes smoothly. Different interviewers focus on different domains, such as programming language, document reading and understanding, team cooperation and others. It is not easy to answer all questions. You need to think fast and give good answers. These interviews are quite smart. The technical questions are well prepared.

Interview Questions

• When the task is impossible to finish within the given deadline, what should you do?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Interview

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

They were very nice! Only two technical questions. They had a bunch of behavior questions. They wanted to see that I was well rounded and easy going. The interview was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a new technology and how it affected you.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

Entered the company through a competitive co-op program. Interview was conducted with a representative from many other companies who would receive a lottery pick at the end of a day. Picks were chosen based on a companies preferences and who was available at the position in draft.

Interviews only took 10 minutes and were a mix of behavioral and some technical questions, specifically preferences.

Interview Questions

• How can you reverse a string in C?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because the offer was the best from the program.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed last summer. One phone and then onsite, which consisted of 5 interviews, all 1:1. I was interviewed in Chandler, AZ and the questions were pretty decent. It involves some thinking and knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Interview

1 Phone screen,6hrs onsite interview. Most of the questions were operating systems based, resume based.This is was for a system software engineer position. The interviewers were not very well prepared for the interview,given their work schedule.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Applied from career fair. Took 1 week to get interview. They contacted via email and set date and time for one hour of interview. Questions were from three areas only. 1) C (2) Operating system (3) Computer architecture. Operating system and computer architecture questions were easy, but not C.

Interview Questions

• Questions regrading C were difficult as they wanted for operating system debugging. So you need to know all about C and it's good if you read any C book to get idea about some detail orientated questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Have two rounds of behavioral interviews instead of the typical one. First round was more of getting a sense of which department best suits you and then they send you off to another interviewer in that field to ask more behavioral and then more position specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you used new technology to succeed   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.