Intellectual Ventures Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intellectual Ventures

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures

Interview

Recruiting process began at a career fair; I then went through several email communications to set up several phone call or skype interviews with different members of the team. Most questions were conversational and generic screening.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume.
    Answer Question

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in Mar 2020

Interview

Interviewer got me mixed up with another person and insisted that they were right...how bizarre. Interviewer was also 15 minutes late and I had to notify by email to see if they were still on. Very unconventional interview questions and did not followed up properly despite multiple promises. After reading more interviews on here I finally see they were always like this. Stay away.

Interview Questions
  • We eat lunch together, how do you feel about that?
  • We are tight knit, and hang out after work. How do you feel about this?

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures

Interview

easy. there were no hidden surprises. simply a straightforward review of background, education and experience. i would recommend this company to any who asked. the staff is well educated and the environment is nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in Jul 2018

Interview

There were 6 rounds of interview including HR. First HR phone call. Second in-person 1:1 interview with the Software Test engineer Manager. and After few weeks 5 hour interview with different team members including the HR.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Bellevue, WA)

Interview

Pretty straightforward since it was for an intern role. I had a brief phone call with HR followed by two on-site interview rounds. Small Excel assessment at end - not difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Very typical behavioral interview questions. Why are you interested in this role? A couple basic questions about accounting. Let's talk though your resume and how it applies to the role.

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures

Interview

Half day of standard interviews plus a role play with potential team members. Most pre communication was with recruiter plus a phone screen and interview prep with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2017

Interview

Interview on campus scheduled through recruiter and was a very relaxed process. The two recruiters had been at the company for a long time and primarily wanted to see if my career goals lined up with working at Intellectual Ventures. Mostly behavioral and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in Jun 2016

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone by the Senior Research Manager, and lasted approximately 35 minutes. He wanted to know about my previous research experience, particularly with respect to writing software code for modeling the transmission of infectious diseases.

Interview Questions
  • How would you use a single large data set to validate your model?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2016

Interview

Applied through HuskyJobs at UW. The first round was on campus. There was 2 30 minute interview with 2 people each. The first one was mostly behavioral. The second one was very technical asking a lot of questions about financial statement. The second round interview is at there office in Bellevue. There 2 was behavioral interviews that was more conversational and an extremely hard excel test. They don't expect you to complete the whole test because they make it impossible. The biggest advice I have is to know what Intellectual Ventures actually does. They are a niche market and they will constantly ask you how does IV work. The IP market is also very unusual, so know about that. Also, ask a lot of questions. They know candidates don't know a lot.But overall, these people are extremely nice, engaging, curious and helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intellectual Ventures

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Intellectual Ventures in Jan 2016

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a consulting recruiter, had a nice conversation about a couple of roles. Was told to expect an update once he talked to the HM. Never heard back recruiter responded tersely after 3rd contact attempt by me. After looking at company reviews on this site, I am not at all surprised. Good riddance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews