InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Interviews at InterContinental Hotels Group

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Simple questions to learn your background and skill level. Had a phone interview and in person interview. The person was nice and easy to talk to. Overall a good process I enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• Use something in your daily life to describe how you would handle a certain scenario.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied thru Glassdoor on a Friday
    Was invited for an F2F Interview the following Monday. (Was happy that application process is fast)
    Asked to be rescheduled on a Tuesday. Recruiter says ok. (Pretty lenient when it comes to applicants, which is nice)

Interview was easy.

What concerns me is that interview is too fast. They really made me feel like they only accommodated me because I was already there and felt like I was wasting their time.

I am assuming that the recruiter only gathered applicants without even checking their credentials so she has people to present to her Hiring Manager. (Bad Practice in my opinion)

Asked when will i receive feedback. They said the next day, more than 7days already still no feedback. Will not bother following-up on the status in this case.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

No interview. I was applying via their website, for positions that I would be a great match, and was receiving almost instantaneous rejections. I did some research and it seems like they've outsourced a lot of tech positions to India. Waste of time. Don't bother.

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process lasted about a total of 2-3 weeks, from the time I submitted my resume to the time I received an offer. I thought the entire interview process was very low pressure!

Had 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. The first phone interview was with the Hiring Manager and was very casual, the goal for the HM was to get a better understanding of your resume and make sure that they had enough information beyond the words on paper. She would then get that info to the manager to decide whether or not they wanted to move to round 2. The HM reached out to me to confirm and set up the 2nd phone interview time.

The next phone interview was with the Design Manager, which was also very casual. It was the goal of the DM to really get a feel for who you are, what you've done, why you wanted to make the transition, etc. Just to see if you were a good fit. After the phone interview, she contacted me to set up an in person interview with the DM again as well as the department manager.

The in person interview lasted maybe 45-1 hour. Very low pressure. They wanted to get a feel for my experience, as well as talk to me more about the project I would be working on to make sure it was something I was willing to do/interested in. Less than a week later, they sent an offer.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

Received an initial phone screening with one of the recruiters who I thought was a very nice person. She moved my resume to the Hiring Manager for his review and told me she would notify me if I was selected for an interview.

A week later I received a phone call from the recruiter and was told that I was selected for a phone interview.

The Phone Interview was pretty standard. The only issue I had was that the Hiring Manager was somewhat rude and seemed to be annoyed that he even had to interview me. Either way I’m not worried about the outcome because the company is still a great company to work for.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

You go through Human Resources so it does take a little long. But the actual interview is with the director of the department and maybe one or two managers. They are welcoming and just want to know about you and your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the restaurant   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online for one manager position. Phone interviewed, then offered a different manager posotion. When I asked for the pay range (so we know we're not wasting anyone's time), I was told I can know that, if they chose to male an offer. That's seems odd to me. When I interview team members and managers, I let candidates know the range. Other places I've interviewed let candidates know the range. Had no idea it was a big deal. I had to decline out of fairness to us all. I don't want to waste anyone's time, nor have mine wasted. Especially for a position i did not apply for.I do want to work for the company, just hope the information can be given in the future.

Interview Questions

• Very easy stuff. I know their systems and processes already.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Monterey, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

First Interview was with two individuals separately for about 20 minutes each including the Director of Rooms. A couple weeks later came an over the phone personality interview which lasted over an hour. Then was a quick Interview with the General Manager and they hired me shortly after that.

Customer Service Transportation Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rothschild, WI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Rothschild, WI (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I filled out an interest through Indeed.com. I interviewed a week later in a very comfortable environment. The AGM was very nice, respectful and kind. The AGM had a pleasant demeanor. I was able to feel comfortable which made the interview a success.

Interview Questions

• They were hiring for a part-time position so the AGM did confirm that position with me during the interview.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and then waited 3 weeks before an in person interview took place. It took that long to coordinate everyone’s schedules. Only a few interview slots were open and you had to pick one. I was told to be prepared to stay for 3 hours. 1 hour to prepare a case study, 1 hour to present, and two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Overall the interview went well and I had the opportunity to learn more about the position after each group of people met with me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.