Intuit Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 May 2019

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview. Then take home problems that were fairly involved. Then an hour long presentation on past work and the solutions to the problems. Then one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

A cheap and unpleasant experience.

First they booked me a redeye right after the interview without asking for my input. Come on... Then they refused to reimburse me.

The interview was a bit messed up. People were nice but the data challenge should come before onsite, not the other way around ... Really hit me hard on the time frame. But what really confused me was how they never responded to my reimbursement request. What a shame.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews:
    1- initial interview with recruiter
    2- interview with a team manager or one of the team member they considered a position for me
    3- Data Science code challenge which was a 4 hours I guess challenge

Interview Questions

• What was the methods I used for credit card fraud detection?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and set an initial phone screening. She never called me at pre-agreed time or bothered to send a reschedule email. She didn't even reply to my follow up email. They are very unprofessional.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After around one month, the recruiter contacted me. There were four rounds of phone interview. The first two were mainly about my resume and projects. The other two were pretty technical, which involved solving some interesting real world problems. The whole process took about one month till they made the decision. In all, this is a enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Real world problem like how to design a ranking system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I had a video presentation of a personal project to a large team and then had an onsite. The onsite was four rounds - two technical and two behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Onsite 1st round:
       Given a data set and have to develop a model within 45 min (team leaves you alone in a room).
      Questions:
      * What features would you add that aren't there?
      * If there was something that 100% (or only 1%) of the the users used, would it be a good feature? What would be an adequate proportion?

Onsite 2nd round:
      * Game: play once and potentially win, or play 3 games and win 2 out of 3. What is the best strategy (let p = prob(success). use binomial theorem)
      * Given a long array that you can't store, how do you find the median?
      * What are the limitations to linear regression?
      * What is the biggest bug you had in your code?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I applied online and the email came after a week. There are two phone interviews. The first one is a technical interview with Karat and second is more about behavior with Intuit engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

I don’t/never write reviews. But in this case I felt I should.
    No data science challenge. Asked to do a challenge on-site. The whole group of senior data scientists told that the approach was questionable without pointing to any scientific issue. I laughed out loud when I heard the feedback ‘questionable’. Feedbacks are appreciated, but in this case it exposed the shallowness of the so called ‘certified’ data scientists at intuit. They all seemed bored and cut down the last behavioral round by 30 mins creepily opening the door and standing by the door before interview end.
    Anyways, overall bad experience except for one person who was super nice and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Couple of data science algorithms, general python and puzzles on white board   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2018.

Interview

First interviewed with Karat, even redo the interview once. Got the onsite chance. I was given a data challenge beforehand(suggested to be done in 3 hrs). During the onsite, I was asked about some questions in machine learning, talked about my data challenge, and a open question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.