Intuit Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Intuit Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview with Recruiter, then Hiring manager over the phone, then onsite interview. The onsite includes presentation over two products you've worked on + case study to demonstrate craft, a few one on one interviews. The day of schedule was pretty much shuffled and hiring manager dedicated to only 10 minutes to speak to me. Didn't hear back in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• mostly design questions and case study findings   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite. They provided 2 case study presentations - one on your own accomplishment and another one on a problem statement related to the role one week in advance. During the onsite , it began with the case study presentations, and then the panel followed up with questions in their respective 1-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tradeoffs, metrics, Roadmap and prioritization situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had one of the best interviewing experiences with Intuit. I'm currently a PM at Facebook and I applied for two reasons a). I had heard first hand accounts of the win together culture at Intuit from people I know who work there b). Intuit's mission of powering prosperity through it's suite of products is very compelling

Here is how the process unfolded:

One of my friends who works at Intuit referred me there and soon after I was matched with a role and scheduled for a screen. After passing the screen, I was scheduled for the onsite and was given a real life case study to prepare for the onsite.

The day of the onsite I had
    1. A panel presentation of the case study
    2. A two on one with two PMs (1 Group PM and 1 Sr PM)
    3. A 1:1 with Design Lead
    4. Walkout coffee with HM

After the onsite interview, the HM manager gave me an indication that an offer might be coming my way. After which, the HM and one more PM on the hiring team went out of their way and introduced me to a bunch of PM leaders inside the company so I could hear from them and get different perspectives prior to making a decision. This showed how much Intuit cares about hiring and I felt everybody was genuinely trying to be very supportive and welcoming.

Due to other factors I wasn't able to accept the offer, but the experience was a 10/10 for me and I would certainly recommend Intuit as one of the top product firms to consider to my close friends.

Interview Questions

• Screen
      1. How do you prioritize
      2. How do you work with engineers

Onsite
      1. Case study presentation
      2. Design improvement for Amazon's product page   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview process sounded interesting. First phone interview with hiring manager and then a panel interview where the interviewee presents a demo on a topic that the hiring manager has chosen. Lastly, break out interviews with the entire panel 1:1
    The problem was with the interview itself. It was an interrogation more than an interview. Every question was being asked to steal ideas and not to gauge how I would be right for the position. Extremely negative experience! Will never go there again and will also warn friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How did you do it? How will you do this in our situation? Give us detailed steps and all detailed ideas on how you will accomplish this? How will you solve this problem? Give us detailed steps on how you will solve this problems. Give us creative ideas on how we can accomplish all of the things we want to in the next 1-2 years.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter who will try to match your experience with an opening and arrange first round phone screen with the hiring manager. When I spoke to the hiring manager, he just asked 'Tell me about yourself'. The recruiter got back to me and asked to work on a case study which is not something you can do in 2-3 days. They asked me to present: present about me, about a professional achievement and a case study on a problem they are trying to solve. If companies give you generic problems or case studies, its understandable but it seemed Intuit was trying to figure out the best solution for their problem. The onsite interview was all on the case study. (1) if they want to give you lot to present, they should at least conduct 1-2 proper interviews before asking people to work on homework. (2) Recruiter asked me to prepare a ppt because I will have to present but the hiring manager, on the morning of the interview, asked me for a 6 page write-up. '6 page writeup'....are you serious??? Overall it was a very disappointing experience and I am glad it didn't work out.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Focused on leadership, working cross functionally, and interest in the company and the position. I had several rounds of interviews both on the phone and in person. Once my final interview was completed, HR acted very quickly with the offer. The onboarding process was also very smooth and I was provided all the necessary new hire information on my first day

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you worked cross-functionally and had to convince a business partner to move forward with your recommendation?   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview

As pointed out by at least a few people here the interview process and subsequent feedback for this company leaves a lot to be desired. In fact I am just going to copy and paste what one fellow interviewee wrote for my same exact role:

"As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck."

As a matter of fact its been a few weeks and I have already started with another job. I never received any response response back from the recruiters. Apparently it is very difficult to email YES or NO or WAIT A FEW DAYS. I dont even know the interview outcome to record here. Its basically like calling and emailing a blackhole.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not really difficult. Very standard behavioral questions and a light business case. I am not even sure how they distinguish between different candidates with such simple questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed internally, so this was not applicable

Interview Questions

• You do not have to be technical to be a Product Manager at Intuit but sometimes they ask you technical questions anyways.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred to by an internal contact. I first got a call from the recruiter. That call went well so she scheduled a call with the hiring manager about a week later. Had a great call with him as well so they then they scheduled onsite interviews. I met 6 different people for about 45 min each. Basically everyone on the team I would be working with. I was there from 9am to about 2pm. Up this point the process was really smooth and the hiring team was very responsive to my questions.

I thought the interviews went well but I never heard back. Couple of weeks went by and I pinged the recruiter and HR person but they didn't even bother replying back to me. It's been about three weeks now so I think their decision is obvious.

Extremely unprofessional that they don't even reply back.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were about how your product management background. Questions are around how you make decisions, how you use metrics, data, how you decide on best UX etc. There were a couple of difficult questions. One interviewer asked me to whiteboard the process of adding a feature to their current product. How I'd go about doing it, and what it would look like in the end. Also asked one of those brainteaser questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.