Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in November 2011.

Interview

very technical in nature, lots of coding question like data structures, algorithms, and design questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate if you are really skifull

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Interview

Very unique interview style. Most importance for the behavioral, communication then technical even the position was for technology.

Interview Questions

• What are the mistakes that you made in your previous project and how did you correct them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in May 2016.

Interview

Online coding Hackerank - Sort infinite incoming number stream
    1st round coding in benagalore office. - Distance between words in sentence
    2nd round technical - DS, Algo - Win 32, COM
    Managerial Round
    Recruiter was very helpful and soft spoken.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process will be conducted in the form of 6 rounds.

1. Phone/Skype screening for SSE
    2. DS & Algo question on various topics.
    3. Technical round Face 2 face 1:1
    4. Technical round Face 2 face 1:3 including project discussion.
    5. Manager round
    6. Hr Interview

Interview Questions

• Data structure questions
      Craft interview   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three rounds, first one was to write a program and then interviewers asked questions on that. This was relatively easy.
    Second was more of intuit values where the interviewer asked scenarios which lead to using their values. As long as you are an ethical employee, this should be easy.
    Third was on a different day. This was difficult for me, mostly focussed on getting the absolute best possible solutions to the questions asked. At the end, the interviewer clearly mentioned that I needed more practice, which I was glad to hear.
    All the interviewers were very professional and the process is a joy in itself.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a very nice phone call from the recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIN. Had an initial phone interview about what I was looking for and if I would be interested in a technical screen with one of the managers. Got a call to have a live technical screen via live computer - showed some questions and coding items that was fairly straightforward. Did well apparently and the next step was to come in for panel interview however I was promoted on at my own company and decided to stay. Overall the experience is very clear and I only wish my company tested candidates the same way. Great experience and will try the same format at my company now.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

2 Jun 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for the great review and congratulations on your promotion. We are happy you our interview process inspired you to think differently about the way you assess talent at your... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a t\echnical phone screen. After passing the phone screen you would get assigned craft work. Craft work being a "take home" project bounded to 3-6 hours where you develop a project. If you pass the craft work you then proceed to an onsite face to face interview that lasts three to four hours. I had a panel and three one on one sessions. Questions started technical and Object Oriented. Others were the more open ended behavioral style that extends the popular STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Face to face consisted of technical questions, STAR behavioral questions, and agile specific questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Technical, Second Round Technical,Third Round - Technical,Fourth Round - Manager,
    Fifth Round - Senior Manager.

The interview process is well planned and took 4 hrs of technical round. The interview process took almost one month and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure - Linked list
      C++ -
      Algorithm - reverse string ( back-tracking method)
      Multi-threading - ( given problem ask me to solve)
      COM - basic questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in July 2016.

Interview

written test with 3 coding questions. I had to complete any 2 out of 3 in 1.5hrs
    followed by 4 rounds of interview all in one day
    I got rejected after 2nd round. In the written test, questions were not clear though the interviewers who came to discuss the solution were friendly and had a good interactive discussion about the solution but as the questions were not clear, it created ambiguity and resulted in spoiling the rest of the interview. Both rounds had 2 member panel and the focus of interview was mainly to evaluate core java skills, data structures, basic programming, oops concepts, your past work history and projects. One of the panelist focussed on precise solution but rest focussed on approach. The java skill set required experience on the bigdata side and dealing with large sets of data and file size

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round screening, which was scheduled for an hour but went about 10 minutes over. Interviewer was professional and not a text book questioner.

I was called in for an on-site for about 5 hours.

Interviewed with the manager over lunch then I was handed over to engineering folks to interview.

I was provided a computer to work on and asked to implement some questions. It is called craft work. Went well and the interviewers confirmed I had the solution.

Next it was QE and Engineers - this was the interview, which was very interesting in terms of questions asked - mock data, unit test, code coverage etc. Very relevant ones. Ensuring bridge between QE and Engg. Then I was interviewed by the Product Manager. All of them confirmed that I had answered them everything that they were looking for.

Now this get comically interesting to me. 4 days later I get a call from HR to inform me that I did well and they liked my attitude and answers, but team has decided not to hire me instead refer me to other teams and I am still active. Most bizzare - say either yes or no. And, for that reason, I have given a thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• Craft presentation - implement todo application.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.