Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. Took time off from work. However there was no call. Called up the recruiter. She said the hiring manager changed her mind in between. Wonder how she treats her team members.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Intuit allows candidates to interview with multiple teams. I interviewed with a number, and the process is relatively similar. 2 phone screens, then onsite. questions are a mix of behavioral and technical.

IMO, dopey phone screen questions like what is an abstract class say NOTHING about the candidates ability to succeed on the job, but its just a part of the game. Its more about are you willing to do some google searches and prepare, than about are you a good engineer.

Interview Questions

• Just look up top ten X technical questions on Google, where X is algorithms, java, javascript, html, css, behavioral, etc... I know its stupid, but do it anyway because thats what they ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

INTUIT HIRING PROCESS is too slow and time consuming.

please dont join with Intuit

Interview Questions

• i dont have any good questions to share   1 Answer

My Friends told me that Company is screwing up employyes carrer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I had two phone interview first, one is senior software engineer, one is architecture. First phone interview asked my background and my project. I don't remember exact tech question. The second phone interview is very simliar to the first one. Then I had on-site interview. Many behaviour questions, not much technique stuff. It looks easy, but you don't know whether you answer is right or not.

Interview Questions

• If you have a very aggressive schedule, and there are a lot of problems with the product. As a QA, what are you going to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2007.

Interview

The phone screening was very relaxed and cool. I was asked C++ and Design pattern questions. A week later I had onsite interview with 5 people (2 developers, 1 QA, 1 Architect and 1 Hr recruiter). I was asked to solve IQ puzzles, programming puzzles (on whiteboard). They put emphasis on both technical and inter-personal skills.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge i faced while working in a team setting and how I handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Slow moving company. The company is very slow moving and so is their interviewing process. Basically they make you an offer after you have received several offers and accepted one.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy. Its just that the company is excruciatingly slow.   Answer Question

Basically they make you an offer after you have received several offers and accepted one. And after I started work at another company, they beg you to leave where you started and join them. Why would I? Its such a excruciatingly slow moving place.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Took a day with 5 rounds of interview each taking about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• All related to what I put in the resume and technologies including XML, JSON   Answer Question

Negotiation

Overall it was smooth

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a webex interview and the interviewer was on time. First questions were about whole IT experience. Then was asked about the recent project and technologies worked on. More emphasis was given to the job description after the projects involved. Then was given three practical questions on java and was asked to code.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Inheritance, finding uniqueness, stack and string manipulation   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screen from hiring manager was about past projects and about some hi-level nosql concepts.
    1:1 interviews with 5 people. One was at director level about projects/experience and some big data questions regarding uniqueness.
    The 2nd interviewer was an engineer who had a prepared list of java questions. You can find these questions on any java interview preparation site. I got the feeling that at times the interviewer himself did not know what he was asking.
    The 3rd interviewer started off by asking formatting questions ( printf ) in C!
    He then wanted a non-recursive fibonacci implementation in exactly 4 lines and felt that the question was quite clear and needed no discussion. So he left the room for 10 minutes.
    When he came back his version of the solution used one less variable.
    He then followed these questions up with some string manipulation questions and linked list questions.
    The 4th interviewer was an architect and this conversation was the most mature and meaningful of all the interviews I had that day. Questions were around scaling a website, design patterns, building APIs,etc.
    The last interview was with the hiring manager ( whom i had talked to before ). He gave me some vague talk about how they perceived every team member as a leader in his own right.

After all the interviews I got the distinct impression that they were looking for someone with fixed/narrow skills and wanted specific answers to questions. The 2 interviews with the developers were very eye-opening and I was left with the impression that their interviewing skills were too immature/untrained. I also came away feeling there was no career path here and it was every man for himself.

Interview Questions

• The era of asking printf format specifications has long passed. Any half-competent programmer will figure out these tricks by repeated use of the compiler. I don't understand what is to be gained by asking these kinds of questions. Also having more lines of code for fibonacci does not matter much due to compiler optimizations ( unless of course you are building embedded systems and such ).
      You cannot have questions like these being asked when the position description asks for 8+ years of development experience. At the end of the day, I felt I had wasted time by applying for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

It was good. The initial screening was done over the phone, followed by another round of interview in the Mountain View office. I was interviewed by 3 people each taking up to 30-45 minutes. I got in around 2pm and left the campus around 4:30pm. Overall the process was good. It took them about 10 days to send me the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They tried asking me a few questions on SQL and DB which were not my areas of expertise. Also there were a couple of questions on JavaScript and I was honest with them that I didn't know anything about JavaScript and SQL :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated and I got what I was looking for.