Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I was asked typical data structure and algorithm questions. Other questions revolving around objective-c patterns (since I was really being interviewed as an iOS candidate). Was pretty disappointed with the overall interview process since I never even heard from Intuit after the interview. Even if I didn't ace the technical interview questions, it would have been great to get some feedback. I talked with some engineers who came across as very bright, others seemed pretty average. I didn't really get the sense that any of them 'loved' their job and most get pigeon holed into projects that turn engineers into specialists, not generalists.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to perform a binary tree sort. *They really wanted to make sure I understood recursion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screen from hiring manager was about past projects and about some hi-level nosql concepts.
    1:1 interviews with 5 people. One was at director level about projects/experience and some big data questions regarding uniqueness.
    The 2nd interviewer was an engineer who had a prepared list of java questions. You can find these questions on any java interview preparation site. I got the feeling that at times the interviewer himself did not know what he was asking.
    The 3rd interviewer started off by asking formatting questions ( printf ) in C!
    He then wanted a non-recursive fibonacci implementation in exactly 4 lines and felt that the question was quite clear and needed no discussion. So he left the room for 10 minutes.
    When he came back his version of the solution used one less variable.
    He then followed these questions up with some string manipulation questions and linked list questions.
    The 4th interviewer was an architect and this conversation was the most mature and meaningful of all the interviews I had that day. Questions were around scaling a website, design patterns, building APIs,etc.
    The last interview was with the hiring manager ( whom i had talked to before ). He gave me some vague talk about how they perceived every team member as a leader in his own right.

After all the interviews I got the distinct impression that they were looking for someone with fixed/narrow skills and wanted specific answers to questions. The 2 interviews with the developers were very eye-opening and I was left with the impression that their interviewing skills were too immature/untrained. I also came away feeling there was no career path here and it was every man for himself.

Interview Questions

• The era of asking printf format specifications has long passed. Any half-competent programmer will figure out these tricks by repeated use of the compiler. I don't understand what is to be gained by asking these kinds of questions. Also having more lines of code for fibonacci does not matter much due to compiler optimizations ( unless of course you are building embedded systems and such ).
      You cannot have questions like these being asked when the position description asks for 8+ years of development experience. At the end of the day, I felt I had wasted time by applying for this position.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

- initial phone call from HR to discuss positions
    - was matched up with a manager and had a phone screen that was about 45 minutes long focused on technical questions
    - the following week, was flown out for an all day interview that consisted of a combination of technical, business, and social questions.
    - there was also a lunch included as well a tour of the facilities

Interview Questions

• There were a series of questions based on a fictional programming language where you're prompted to create methods based on a series of rules/restrictions. Required ad hoc thinking about how to work within contraints of this made up language. Each subsequent question required expanding further with this language. While the solutions seem very clear after the fact, it was definitely a good mental challenge during that hour.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial 45 min interview, asked to write basic data structure like stack impl, using hashmap, write Fibonacci, Interviewer was mostly quite and felt like forced to interview. Then was called onsite, 5 interviews, 2 with senior developers and 2 staff members. Senior developers were not knowledgeable, staff members asked good puzzle only questions which I could not answer. Interview with product manager was waste of time. Also they do not file GC for Sr Software Engineers in EB2. So beware before you go for interview !

Interview Questions

• Asked to write code for polynomial additions (3x2 +5x-9)+(6x2-3x+7).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a webex interview and the interviewer was on time. First questions were about whole IT experience. Then was asked about the recent project and technologies worked on. More emphasis was given to the job description after the projects involved. Then was given three practical questions on java and was asked to code.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Inheritance, finding uniqueness, stack and string manipulation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter followed by technical phone interview. The onsite interview occurred within a week of the initial contact. The offer came within a few days after the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Engineers, You can easily crack the interview as management is NON TECHNICAL. They just know the buzz words. If an engineer interviews you , just google for top 20 software engineering interview questions. You are all set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. Took time off from work. However there was no call. Called up the recruiter. She said the hiring manager changed her mind in between. Wonder how she treats her team members.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Intuit allows candidates to interview with multiple teams. I interviewed with a number, and the process is relatively similar. 2 phone screens, then onsite. questions are a mix of behavioral and technical.

IMO, dopey phone screen questions like what is an abstract class say NOTHING about the candidates ability to succeed on the job, but its just a part of the game. Its more about are you willing to do some google searches and prepare, than about are you a good engineer.

Interview Questions

• Just look up top ten X technical questions on Google, where X is algorithms, java, javascript, html, css, behavioral, etc... I know its stupid, but do it anyway because thats what they ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Slow moving company. The company is very slow moving and so is their interviewing process. Basically they make you an offer after you have received several offers and accepted one.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy. Its just that the company is excruciatingly slow.   Answer Question

Basically they make you an offer after you have received several offers and accepted one. And after I started work at another company, they beg you to leave where you started and join them. Why would I? Its such a excruciatingly slow moving place.