Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

It was good. The initial screening was done over the phone, followed by another round of interview in the Mountain View office. I was interviewed by 3 people each taking up to 30-45 minutes. I got in around 2pm and left the campus around 4:30pm. Overall the process was good. It took them about 10 days to send me the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They tried asking me a few questions on SQL and DB which were not my areas of expertise. Also there were a couple of questions on JavaScript and I was honest with them that I didn't know anything about JavaScript and SQL :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated and I got what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Took a day with 5 rounds of interview each taking about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• All related to what I put in the resume and technologies including XML, JSON   Answer Question

Negotiation

Overall it was smooth

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

INTUIT HIRING PROCESS is too slow and time consuming.

please dont join with Intuit

Interview Questions

• i dont have any good questions to share   1 Answer

My Friends told me that Company is screwing up employyes carrer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I had two phone interview first, one is senior software engineer, one is architecture. First phone interview asked my background and my project. I don't remember exact tech question. The second phone interview is very simliar to the first one. Then I had on-site interview. Many behaviour questions, not much technique stuff. It looks easy, but you don't know whether you answer is right or not.

Interview Questions

• If you have a very aggressive schedule, and there are a lot of problems with the product. As a QA, what are you going to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2007.

Interview

The phone screening was very relaxed and cool. I was asked C++ and Design pattern questions. A week later I had onsite interview with 5 people (2 developers, 1 QA, 1 Architect and 1 Hr recruiter). I was asked to solve IQ puzzles, programming puzzles (on whiteboard). They put emphasis on both technical and inter-personal skills.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge i faced while working in a team setting and how I handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a very friendly process. There were 4 interview rounds including the managerial round. One round was on your domain. One was to cover data structures and algorithms.
    One round to test your coding skills on your programming lang. The last round was a managerial round.

Interview Questions

• There was a craft demo round. You were given 3 hours to show your craft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in January 2020.

Interview

Total for 5 rounds including:
    - Programming Round in required technology (mine was for iOS)
    - iOS Technical & Programming Task Evaluation
    - Algorithms & Data Structs
    - Algorithms & iOS
    - Hiring Manager

Good part was that apart from hiring manager, everything was completed in a day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to programming task and the technology & concepts around the code you have written.
      Few on overall iOS design and core concepts.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Paris (France)).

Interview

Complete waste of time !

They don't respect their candidates, they'll ask you to jump through multiple hoops but won't take 5min to tell you they filled the position / meeting was canceled.

I had multiple interviews with Intuit. First phone interview with a recruiter, then on site 1 on 1 with a technical person (present your background, past experiences, algorithm questions). People were friendly and respectful (even if when I was really bad at the first interview out of stress).

Then they ask you to create a project for them with multiple constraints. Project was interesting and well thought (the constraints really guide the design).

After the project's validation they invite you for a final interview for a total of 3h :
    - 55min presentation to panel of 4 people (and you have to do a presentation, so more work for you)
    - followed by multiple technical and competency interviews (with different people)

I put in the work, prepared my presentation and the interview and went in to the office (they ask you to be there 15min ahead of time), only to wait for 45min in the lobby for someone to tell me the meeting was cancelled and the position has been filled.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was after all the effort I put in. It's even sadder considering that most people I interacted with were nice, respectful and professional. It's really bad to end on such a bad note, considering most people in the process put in the effort to make it enjoyable.

This is completely unprofessional and shows a lack of respect towards the candidate and that the effort is completely one-sided.
    They say it was a mistake and they were supposed to contact me, but the least in this case was to make sure I got the information (ask for confirmation email) or even better call in Person. After all the time & commitment to this process, this is really the least they could do.

I wanted to share this experience so that this mistake won't happen again and hopefully others won't waste their time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in March 2019.

Interview

Unprofessional HR wonder how they are ranked best best firm to work for!!

Recruiter contacted me initially they said about one team which runs its application on public cloud in a distributed environment and I agreed to give interview, then they changed it to some tools building team where I requested them to change the team which they did after a while. the interview process is of medium difficulty and the process took two weeks and one more week to get the offer. In the interim I've got an offer from a Cloud based startup (which is my passion to work for) and I told immediately to Intuit HR that I won't be joining because of it and wrote a courtesy e-mail so that they don't block the position.

The recruiter was very professional stating "if this time intuit is not suited for I doubt it will be so for in future!" I was really pulled back but couldn't care-less and felt happy that I didn't join this firm with a nice set of people.

Interview Questions

• R1 - Blue Jeans
      R2 - Hacker Rank
      R3 - Technical programming on white board
      R4 - Project discussion
      R5 - Hiring Manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru).

Interview

HR got back to me 1 month after I applied online. Took few more days to setup the first interview. Company has to teach employees to be human first. Too many personal questions. HRs won't respond. Reflects badly on the company.