Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical phone interview with a shared editor screen for the coding problem.

Onsite interview consisted of meeting with the recruiter, presenting a project to a panel, then completing a project in three hours. After the project review, it was one-on-one interviews with a few senior people.

Not a whole lot of time was given to ask questions, and I'm pretty sure I didn't talk to anyone on the team I was interviewing for.

On the bright side, the recruiter did ask for feedback when delivering their verdict.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Engineers, You can easily crack the interview as management is NON TECHNICAL. They just know the buzz words. If an engineer interviews you , just google for top 20 software engineering interview questions. You are all set.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later
    - Had 45 min phone screen with team member; went over resume, discussed technical and non-technical topics; some technical questions about web technologies and languages and frameworks.
    - Had a half day onsite; interviewed with manager and 4 engineers; questions included past work exp, challenges, things learned, programming experience, concepts, design patterns, various technical questions;

Interview Questions

• 1. mvc and other design patterns and implementation details; pros and cons of approaches taken. traversal of arrays, optimization, O-analysis, lists (search, removal), trees (search, traversal, removal, deletion), hashmaps; you will be well prepared if you study "Programming Interviews Exposed" and "Cracking the Coding Interview". All questions are designed to see if you are fundamentally sound.
      2. web app optimization and debugging; scenarios, challenges, approach / resolution, rendering time, basics of http, javascript internals, single threaded model, etc. All are questions designed to see if your skills and experience match what they need to hire for.
      3. behavioral, personality, cultural fit, challenges, achievements, motivation, interests; All are questions designed to see if you are going to work well with the people there.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

- Recruiter Call
    - Tech Phone Screen
      - Invert a Binary Tree
      - Complexities
    - Craft Project
     - Build a Market place & API's
    - On Site
     - Demo the project. 5 Member panel will observe
     - 2 Tech Leads quiz you on details of the project
    - 1 Front end round
     - Hiring Manager talks about Culture Fit etc.

Did not compete with offers. Never made an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru).

Interview

I was told the whole process in detail but nothing of that sort happened.
    It started with coding problem and I was asked to discuss solution and write program for that.
    After that there came panel of two members and asked about current project and asked to wait for next round. But hr came after sometime and asked me to leave.

Still not able to figure out what went wrong.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

30 Oct 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry for this negative experience you had. Should you like to provide us more feedback, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Old Java world questions like design patterns and java APIs. 1 telephonic and 3 rounds in total.
    If you are good in speaking you may get selected.
    What is LRU Cache
    ConcurrentHashmap
    etc..

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

22 Sep 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for providing a positive review of the interview process. We are so glad you decided to join Intuit!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Just had first round of interview over the phone with screen sharing. Interviewer was very knowledgeable. First started with introduction and discussion of technologies they were looking for the specific role. Then technical discussion and live coding test for the scenario they gave. Overall this is good experience

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

3 Oct 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking time to review us! We are glad you had a positive experience and hope you consider us in the future.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a very nice phone call from the recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIN. Had an initial phone interview about what I was looking for and if I would be interested in a technical screen with one of the managers. Got a call to have a live technical screen via live computer - showed some questions and coding items that was fairly straightforward. Did well apparently and the next step was to come in for panel interview however I was promoted on at my own company and decided to stay. Overall the experience is very clear and I only wish my company tested candidates the same way. Great experience and will try the same format at my company now.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

2 Jun 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for the great review and congratulations on your promotion. We are happy you our interview process inspired you to think differently about the way you assess talent at your... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds

- technical initial phone screening
    - Java programming round
    - few aptitude questions
    - Sort and search algorithms, python questions. Shell commands
    - two managerial rounds
    - HR round

Entire process took a week to finish, after which the HR called for salary negotiation

Not much difficult to clear the technical round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application via their job board and received correspondence 2 months later requesting a phone screening. Phone screening was the typical getting to know you a bit better and a live screen share coding session. After that I was invited to a 4 person interview that I had to prepare a Craft Project for. The interview lasted just over 4 hours and it began with an 1 hour of demoing the project then spending time with each of the individual group interviewers. I loved this format and felt the interview went well. The following week I was phoned by the recruiter and was presented an offer, which I gladly accepted, it is my opinion that this company is on top of their game and it shows.