Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Technical, Second Round Technical,Third Round - Technical,Fourth Round - Manager,
Fifth Round - Senior Manager.

The interview process is well planned and took 4 hrs of technical round. The interview process took almost one month and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure - Linked list
    C++ -
    Algorithm - reverse string ( back-tracking method)
    Multi-threading - ( given problem ask me to solve)
    COM - basic questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in May 2016.

Interview

Online coding Hackerank - Sort infinite incoming number stream
    1st round coding in benagalore office. - Distance between words in sentence
    2nd round technical - DS, Algo - Win 32, COM
    Managerial Round
    Recruiter was very helpful and soft spoken.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Horribly slow interview process. There were all positive indications during the phonescreen discussion with the HR. The whole interview process was explained. I was told that they would get back with the interview schedule. It's been more than a month and there is no response to any followup or calls.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process will be conducted in the form of 6 rounds.

1. Phone/Skype screening for SSE
    2. DS & Algo question on various topics.
    3. Technical round Face 2 face 1:1
    4. Technical round Face 2 face 1:3 including project discussion.
    5. Manager round
    6. Hr Interview

Interview Questions

• Data structure questions
      Craft interview   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview went well. 3-4 rounds of algorithms, ds and design. But after the rounds it's really not clear if you have cleared. Faced mixed reactions. Interviewers were quite happy with the performance but not sure what happened.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview

Had two rounds of technical interview. Questions related to DS and Java were asked and I answered all correct. The day ended up with an HR round were I was asked whether I would be open to work on Android platform. They told they were looking for somebody who adaptable to work on any technology. I agreed right-away.
    When they didn't reply back after 2 days, I called up the HR guy, he didn't receive my calls. After a total of 5 days he sent me an email saying, they have got some guy who has a strong background in Android platform.

Interview Questions

• You are from Java background, are you willing to make a shift from Core java to Android platform?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in February 2011.

Interview

Its very nice experience with intuit interview process. They were very professional. I got call from Intuit HR for telephonic round. Since my office is close to intuit, I requested them for face-to-face interview. HR accepted for this. The first round of technical interview was very good, its more practical than theoretical. I cleared the 1st round and after 2 days they scheduled my 2nd technical round. This also went well. Stick to what you know. Confident on what r u saying. After this I had manager round. He is very very professional. After this I had formal HR round. After 2 day HR contacted me and confirmed my offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a sample code to create possibility of dead lock situation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Interview

Very unique interview style. Most importance for the behavioral, communication then technical even the position was for technology.

Interview Questions

• What are the mistakes that you made in your previous project and how did you correct them?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2007.

Interview

Initial screening was conducted by recruiter via phone interview. One on one interviews followed with the hiring manager, group architect and a couple of staff engineers. The interview style typically asks you to recount various professional experiences in which you exhibited leadership / problem solving / conflict resolution etc. The technical interview consisted of the usual C++ “trick” questions as well as writing out a linked list algorithm on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• What is Virtual Destructor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not engage in any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in October 2008.

Interview

I got a call from a consultant recruiting for Intuit. Though he wasn't a technical engineer, he asked me some basic C++ questions, to make sure I qualify for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview started at 10 AM, and it went till 4 PM, with 3 technical, 1 manager, and 1 HR interview.

2 of the 3 technical interviewers did not indicate if I was doing well, or not. I knew I wasn't doing that great answering C++ questions, and a few programming logic questions.

The 3rd technical interview, by an architect went ok. I told the architect that my performance has not been good in the interview, to which he replied that people usually perform at 70% of their capacity in their interviews, and they understand that.

I briefed him about my nature of work, the books I read, and the general technical mindset I carry. He understood what I meant and was very convinced.

I was offered a job, and I spoke to HR to adjust the offer to my requirements, which they did.

Overall a smooth experience.

They were ready to send a cab to pick me up from home to collect the offer letter. Also, I got a box of chocolates by post, as a goodwill gesture. After all, life is like a box of chocolates.

I am still at Intuit, and it is a reasonably good place to be in, if ones' charter is to develop applications that wow the customers.