Intuit Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Intuit Software Engineer II Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter through LinkedIn. There were 3 rounds in all. Two of them telephonic and one onsite interview. But the whole process lasted about 3-4 months !!!

The first round was Okay with senior developer, second round was mostly managerial questions with the product manager. The final and onsite interview had 4 rounds...the questions asked were not that difficult..but they wanted to make sure that they are hiring the right candidate. :)

They asked both technical and HR questions throughout.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bit..but no to the extent I would have liked.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Cambridge, MA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Spent most of the time in a STAR-based process discussing previous work experiences and scenarios that would arise in the engineering environment in the role I was applying for at the time. Group of interviewers passed through over the course of a few hours, and only one of them was technically demanding.

Interview Questions

• Please whiteboard a system architecture you have experience with from your previous role   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked basic coding questions based on prime number and fibonacci. Basic data structure and algorithm questions mostly on Linked list and trees. Some questions were asked on design patterns. Was also asked questions on how i can improve the visual appeal of an application. Mostly the interviewer wanted to see how i designed the user interface of an application.Followed up with basic behavioral questions to evaluate attitude and soft skills.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It started last month in January where they had given open ended question to create API for one of their project. I implemented it pretty good and added more things than were asked. So I was called for onsite interview. They asked me to improve on the same project I worked on before. I did well and implemented whatever they asked except one question in two - three rounds of interview. Now they rejected me by saying I haven't covered small things in my project in first round. I don't understand why they called me onsite if they didn't like the project at first place. You cannot expect to develop production ready stuff in 4-6 hours. especially when you say its open ended question. Worst interview process.

Interview Questions

• Create bunch of Api for project in 4-6 hours.   2 Answers

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took 7 weeks. I was referred by an employee. First, had phone screens with a recruiter and a hiring manager, both of which went pretty well. Then I had phone interviews with 3 different teams.
    The first interview was with an engineer who seemed overly serious and somewhat rude. He kept saying stuff like 'everything you type will be reviewed by the whole team to evaluate your skills'. Maybe it's just me, but such pressure made me really nervous, and I messed up on an easy interview question that I just practiced a day ago. After this, nobody got back to me for 2 weeks. Already assuming I bombed the interview, I moved on with my life.
    In 2 weeks, the same recruiter called me again and asked if I am available for another phone interview (no feedback about the first interview). My research of the position indicated that the new interview was for a position in a different team. Because the recruiter claimed the position was 'urgent', I scheduled it first thing in the morning the day after my vacation - only to be stood up by the interviewer. On the same day, a different recruiter called me to set up an interview with yet a different team, while the interview I was stood up for also got rescheduled.
    Both second and third phone interviews took place on the same day. I had pleasant experience with both engineers. One of the teams ended up getting back to me the next day to invite me onsite.
    From technical perspective, the onsite interview was not too hard for an average person (depending on one’s skills), but there were a few questions that caught me by surprise. For instance, I had to build a simple html/css/javascript page that calls a public API (no frameworks or libraries), which is not something an average software engineer does every day, even if they are frontend focused. The hiring manager dug deeper into my work experience; some of his questions indicated they were looking for someone with a bit more experience than me.
    About a week later the recruiter called me and explained that the team decided to move forward with a different candidate, and gave me some feedback that I didn’t do that well on the html/css/javascript question. I appreciated getting a quick and direct response. It was also written on my onsite interview invitation that I should expect to hear back within a week of the interview, or contact the VP of Talent Aquisition if I don’t. One of the interviewers told me that it is a recent Intuit’s policy to make hiring decisions quickly and not leave the candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• What makes node.js so efficient?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a callback hell?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the HashMap class in Java   1 Answer
    • Write a Fibonacci series function   1 Answer
    • Write simple program that gives financial recommendations to the user   Answer Question
    • Design a table component in React   Answer Question
    • Build a simple html/css/javascript application that calls a public API   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with the industry? What news sources to you read to learn about new technologies?   Answer Question
    • What was the latest lesson you learned at work?   Answer Question
    • How did you get into programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in September 2014.

Interview

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in January 2018.

Interview

Organized, well planned and Relevant. The interviewers were very to the point and specific on questions. Questions seemed very relevant to the profile. After the online round , all other f2f interviews were conducted o the same day.

Interview Questions

• Design a priority queue, design and API for tic-tac-toe with code and expln, Multithreading and collections specific questions. Focus is more on design and problem solving   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very helpful team, I actually enjoyed all the interview process. It took 1 month and it would have worth it even though I wasn't hired. I did 1 intro interview, 2 technical tests, 1 technical interview and 1 personal interview. The response after each test and interview was very quick.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how I could improve my test if I had more time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate, although I'd recommend you do it before de offer letter.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

3 rounds, in one day followed by telephonic hr round.

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru) in December 2015.

Interview

A4A process, which is, Access for Awesome.
    I had 2 rounds of telephonic interview.

One was with a senior technical guy and another with manager from another team (there were technical questions from him as well)

Post telephonic rounds, they called me onsite for the interview. At Intuit, A4A process is pretty good.
    You finish the introduction part by presenting a power point to all your panel members and they will pretty much cover all the questions other than the technical questions during the presentation.

Post this, they present you a problem statement and you need to provide a working solution by actually coding it. You get around 45-60 minutes (at times 90) depending on the problem statement.
    After you're done with it, the questions will be around your solution, which are mostly around the "what, how and why?".

Interview Questions

• (Telephonic) Asked about the project that I'm currently working on.   1 Answer
    • (Telephonic) More questions around the choice of the technology for the application.   1 Answer
    • (Telephonic) Any problems you've run into while development? How did you solve them.   1 Answer
    • (Telephonic) More questions on caching and caching mechanisms.   Answer Question
    • (Telephonic) LRU implementation   Answer Question
    • (Face to face) Develop a servlet to pull data from database. Pretty straight forward problem statement   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.