J. C. Penney Associate Creative Director - Studio Operations, India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at J. C. Penney

1 Interview Review

Associate Creative Director - Studio Operations, India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Bengaluru) in July 2020.

Interview

In June 2020, I got an email from JC Penny Recruiter. They were interested in my work and wanted to take this further. I was, of course, elated and went through all the preparations.

The first rounds of my interview was with leaders who were both based out of Texas. They were professional and courteous. The interview was mostly conversational in nature and was very pleasant. I believe that they were impressed with my resume and work and of our discussions on what needs to be done at the India centre. They then passed on this to the "HR" rounds which were handled by recruiter and HR from JC Penny's India team.

This was one of the worst experiences I've had from any job interviewer. From the beginning, they were highly unprofessional and didn't seem to be interested in getting to know the candidate. Instead, they were more interested in asking the usual standard set of questions. But I didn't think much of it and I assumed that they had different styles of approaching the interview. But it seems like the Indian team has no interest in doing their work and, to me, it felt like they were going through the motions.

So recruiter said she will schedule the next round of interview with the India lead JC Penny. And i’ve waited on the call for 10 min since the recruiter did not informed me about the cancelation of the interview. It's been two weeks since that call and I haven't heard back from her on their re-schedule of the interview or if they are no longer considering me. It's almost like we are not even worth getting a "no" from them. This is not only unethical but also highly unbecoming of a company like JC Penny that profess high values and work culture that's inclusive and understanding of the other.

We are all feeling the heat of the pandemic. It has affected all of us and we are all concerned about the future and what roles we will play going forward. During these times it's not too much to ask for basic professional decency and to acting a bit more humane. The recruiters at JC Penney could easily have said "no" to me, but instead, they decided to leave me hanging and to chasing them for answers (which I still haven't received).

If you are one of those lucky people who still have your job security show a little empathy to the ones that are trying their best to make it show a bit of professional courtesy to the people who simply want to keep a roof above their heads and show a bit of humanity to the ones who reach out to you. You have nothing to lose, and your company has everything to gain.

True brand value comes through from your actions. And if JC Penny's actions are any indication of the brand they are then they are one of the worst that I have ever come across.

Interview Questions

• They interviewers were professional and courteous. The interview was mostly conversational in nature and was pleasant.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.