J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Jun 2019

3.1

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Simple interview on technology side, lame very basic questions. Tech round super easy, Guess it depends on the interviewer as well.

Senior management questions same as were asked in 1990s, strengths, weaknesses etc. Nothing challenging. Overall not a big deal to clear interview for a tech job

Interview Questions

• Well you applied for a full time position, what if I were to hire you as a consultant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try not to have a recruiter in between while negotiating a salary, recruiters typically don care what you get. They get their share 20-30% on your salary, so if you get a job for 60k or 70k they are not bothered, but getting you a job is their aim so they can get their share.
    Some recruiters give you false information on the bonuses etc. I cannot provide their info here, but be aware while negotiating any offers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview

totally 3 interviews, 2 phone and one onsite interview. Interview panel was pleasant and strong technically.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR via LinkedIn, after that had one phone interview with HR.
    After HR had two technical interviews with employee, one interview with panel of managers.
    One more technical interview with managers from another team.

Interview Questions

• Disadvantages of using Hibernate. What pros and cons using SAX and DOM for XML parsing   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Took other job

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.