J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9,469 of over 9.5K interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. It started with a recruiter following up to an application I sent. We had a few back and forth emails to schedule a virtual interview with a hiring manager. The usual recruiter call never happened, which was strange. The recruiter scheduled me for a date that was nowhere close to what we had agreed on and I was notified with short notice that the set date cannot be changed. The interview with the hiring manager was extremely disappointing and I was honestly surprised with the lack of professionalism from such a big company. The manager was an arrogant and rude person that continuously cut me off. 10 Minutes into the interview, he cut me off by saying that it's okay to say you don't know the answer (I never the answer, he never let me finish my sentences). Then proceeded to tell me that interviewers know when you are bluffing (I was honestly answering them to the best of my abilities, it was java based questions so I was comfortable in answering them). Needless to say, he gave his speech and then abruptly ended the call with no further explanation. I never heard back from them ever since and honestly have applied to any of their postings as this just reflects how poorly the company/department must operate. Truly disappointed in Chase

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked with Java Collections and if so, what is it used for? Name some of the features or updates to the newly released version of Java?
    Answer Question
23 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied for Java backend position. Interview consisted of 3 rounds. All three rounds were taken by vice presidents. First two rounds the questions asked were general software concepts and algo/ds. These two interviewers were serious enough for the interview. First two rounds went really good. I had bad luck with the third person. He was an older guy (but still at a beginner level designation). All the time he was busy checking his messages and doing some work on his laptop. I wonder if he was listening to my words at all. He was like 'ask a question' -> 'hmm', 'another question' -> 'hmm, hmmm'. lol. Dude, either you should take the interview or do your own work, don't mix things up. It is not fair to the candidate. He was asking knowledge based Java questions. Was not motivated enough to tell the complete question, then when I gave the answer, again 'hmmm'. Lastly he asked me to tell new features of Java 15. Lol dude, I'm not sitting idle at my home reading release notes of every new Java version that gets released, I told him politely that I can only answer for the Java version being used in my current organisation. At that moment he finished the interview with another 'hmm'. I felt sad having wasted time interviewing with these people.

Interview Questions
  • Make sure you have read all the release notes for every new Java version that is released. Also try practicing what 'hmm' means for JP Morgan employees.
5 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Great thorough interview that included lots of questions. Was well thought out and included base salary, benefits, and perks of the role. Highly recommend this position. Manager was real laid back and wanted the best from his employees

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

It was a thorough interview. Discussed previous jobs and responsibilities. Discussed pay and benefits. Discussed career path. Learned a bit about company culture and history. Learned about other opportunities working the firm.

Interview Questions
27 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Plyometrics into a hireview where they ask questions about yourself and why you want the job. Not sure what happens after this stage in the process, I did not hear anything back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Had 2 interviews one with direct management the other with the AVP. It was appreciated that I did research on the outside vendors before coming to the interview, So I would say preparation is key.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you had to overcome an obstacle working with different lines of business?

J.P. Morgan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

The Process was quick and professional. Interview was scheduled, and within a couple of days it started. However due to audio issues from Interviewer side, it was hard to understand. However we went through and I answered their questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

I had the first screening videocall for now, they will let me know if there will be the official interview in the next days. There may be other steps as well.

Interview Questions
  • Experience and skills, just to see if the profile is matching with what they are looking for.

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

first they had me complete an online assessment, then i was asked to do a pre recorded video interview on hirevue and then i was invited to attend a virtual super day over zoom

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

No planned interview. Calling randomly and asking questions over call without any formal meeting invite. When confirmed, in middle about no prior intimation, was told this is how we take interview. Never experienced any other company doing like this though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 9,469 Interviews