J.P. Morgan Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

J.P. Morgan Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.6

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and easy. You first get a hirevue interview to weed people out. I am still waiting for my results but they seem to be pretty responsive

Interview Questions

• They had you code two basic problems and then you had an opportunity to talk about what you did with your program   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online prior to talking to a representative at my school's career fair. A week or two later I had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews.

The first interview was the technical interview (It could be the other way around for other people.) We went over some projects in my resume and the interviewer asked me some technical questions based on the projects I had done, which seemed appropriate.

The second interview was a behavioral interview. It felt very informal and loose, which was nice. The interviewer asked me very unexpected but interesting questions like "What was the last movie you watched?" and "If you were an instrument, what instrument would that be?" Different, but cool.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a parameter passed by value and a parameter passed by reference?   2 Answers

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was invited to interview after attending JPMC Code for Good hackathon. The interview took about 2 hours and had 3 parts: behavioral, technical, and presenting on a project completed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team project... describe a situation where something went wrong, etc.   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my university career. I received an email from them a week later and applied online. The next day, I had an in-person interview on campus that was 1 hour long, 30 minutes technical questions and 30 minutes behavioral questions. The interviewers were really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an integer and a double?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied on my own but went to a on-site event at a JPMorgan location through my university to do a speed networking event with the previous summer interns and other full time employees.

I then had a interview with a director of technology at the Jersey City location.

After three months, I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews (one behavioral and one technical.) Then two weeks after that, I got a phone call regarding an offer decision.

Interview Questions

• SQL Questions   1 Answer
    • JPMorgan's technological innovations   Answer Question
    • Just go over your resume and be prepared for them to dissect it. Be confident!   1 Answer

I took an offer with Morgan Stanley.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2018.

Interview

Very simple. Two phone interviews, each about 30 minutes. They asked me about the machine learning projects I had done. They had one phone call about my technical experience and one phone call about my personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Just talking about times I was working in a group, and so one and so forth.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very simple - 2 30 minute interviews. 1 was technical and composed of a few questions regarding my resume and skills with various languages, and 1 was behavioral with questions about composure in group settings, how to face challenges, etc. Each was with a different person, and in my experience, both were very pleasant and easy to talk to. I had a phone interview because I was applying for a position at the Columbus location and live in NJ, but not how they do in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you want to be remembered as after this interview?   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two phone interviews that are back to back. First 30 minutes are behavioral, the second 30 minutes are technical.

I actually didn't get any technical questions. It seems like the interviewers had my interview sprung on them out of nowhere. However, they were both professional and the interview went well!

However, the vibe I get from the workers at JPM doesn't seem good. They seem overworked.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online late October, and then I got an email mid-December telling me that I would have a phone interview--30 min behavioral, 30 min technical--and if I passed, I would be accepted into their 10 week summer program. I got to give them a timeframe of when I could call, so that was nice.

I had a different interviewer for each chunk, and they called from different numbers and locations. Both of them were pretty friendly. They only asked questions that I had already prepped for using Glassdoor, so that was even nicer. I wasn't asked any coding questions. I got a reply within a calendar week. They offered me a salary substantially lower than another intern at their program, and I think a contributing factor was that I only applied a month after he was accepted, so apply early.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict in a team situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Went to the J.P. Morgan Code for Good Hackathon event and a few days after I got a summer internship offer. I had to apply to the Hackathon and also put in an application for the Summer Technology Analyst role before going.

Hackathon Evaluation:
        Individual contribution and commits to GitHub for the Team Project
        Mentors will evaluate how you and your team work together
        Final Presentations

Event Overview:
        Introduction to event, teammates, and mentors
        Introduction to charities and project topics
        Project selection
        Time to discuss with charities about the project
        Hackathon starts
        Presentations to Charities
        Top teams from each charity group are chosen to present in front of everyone

Overall, I had a great expereince and still talk to the team I met at the hackathon. J.P. Morgan really wanted to impress all of the potential recruits with the nice office, free clothing, great food, and really intelligent mentors. The structure of the event was extremely professional and well organized, but still had the hackathon feel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.