J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at J Sainsbury

1,365 Interview Reviews

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Customer and Trading Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Starts with a video interview. After that if you pass a face to face with store and area manager. After that you do a assessment where they watch you work the shop floor and some computer tests then offered Job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sainsbury’s   1 Answer

Counter Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Very good. The interview lasted an hour and a half but it was good. Asked useful questions to do with the role.
    Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

Counter Assistant Interview

Interview

Easy process the interview was relaxed and fair, questions and answers were common sense. Would reccomend learning a bit about the history and how your skills can apply for the role

GM Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Was taken into an office room and asked simple questions regarding previous experience and my availability, and any plans I had which would impact days I could work. Lasted about 15 minutes in total and received a call that afternoon offering me the role.

Trade Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in October 2020.

Interview

Applied for a temporary position online. Passed a scenario test online and was invited to an a face-to-face interview with manager at the store a week later. The interview took around 15mins asking about general questions about customer service and team work.

Online Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in October 2020.

Interview

I introduced myself at the customer service counter and to an area to sit down and wait outside the interview room. I had arrived 10 minutes early but ended up starting the interview 20 minutes past the start time. The interview wasn't really an interview. I was asked mostly questions about availability, personal details, and a single question about my past experience. Most of it could have been done by an online interview, especially during this pandemic.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have?   1 Answer

Online Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

I filled in a general application for the job as well as completing an online personality questionnaire and scenario test. Once I completed these and submitted the application, I received an email 1 minute later offering me an interview - they're obviously offered to everyone who passes the tests. You then book a day and time slot that suits you, I booked mine for the following day at 4pm.

On the day of the interview I arrived 20 minutes early. After about 10-15 minutes I got greeted by a lovely lady, and we went into a room for the interview. The whole time we literally just chatted about what I study at university, where I'm from and random things about my life, she then filled out the forms, asked about my availability, clothing size etc and told me details about the job role.

The following morning I received a call from them offering me the job. The whole process from applying to receiving the job took a total of 47 hours - very quick!

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Chester, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied online and answered the 20 'scenario' questions. Straight after I'd completed it I was offered an in-person interview by email. I picked a date and time and arrived 15 minutes before my interview. The staff were incredibly nice, as was the boss, very friendly. I was taken into a back room for the interview, and it was just me and the boss. She detailed how the interview would work and that it shouldn't last any longer than 10 minutes. She asked me if I needed anything (such as a glass of water or a cup of tea etc.) and she then asked to view my Right to Work document as the interview cannot be carried out without this. Once she'd made sure that was all good, we moved onto the bones of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you think the role involves?   1 Answer
    • What careers experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What days and times are you able to work and when are you available to start if selected?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.