Jive Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Jive Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Jive Software

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Software.

Interview

Applied through website and then had phone screening, one phone call, two video calls. Everyone was super enthusiastic and helpful; I couldn't have asked for a better interview process!

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experience, background, things I've done in the past/currently doing related to experience needed for position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The day after I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by email to get a phone interview scheduled. That happened 2-3 days later and I had about a 15 minute conversation with a recruiter. The next interview was with my direct manager in person. The next day I was offered the job verbally. It was a very quick process, which I appreciate as it's difficult to go through an interview process while you are currently employed.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a successful sales rep?   Answer Question
    • How do you differentiate from other individuals on your sales team or why are you better than them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate my base salary, but was turned down with the confidence that my commissions would more than make up for the difference.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a number of phone screenings and an on site interview with two members of the sales management team. I found the process to be very conversational and down to earth. Shortly after I had another phone interview with someone from the sales recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say is your worst quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with VP of Sales and a senior member of Sales Engineering Team. There was an organizational change (a positive one) so it took a little longer to come on board than it would normally. Well worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my sales process. Also inquired about my work style.   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software in December 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was good. Engr Mgr had as much personality as a college math book. No followup after 2nd interview. The hiring manager did nothing to convince me I would every want to work for them in any capacity. I think the 2nd interviewer was a worker bee. He was nice enough and did touch on the right topics. However, there were no follow-up questions to really dive deeper.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jive Software.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Jive recruiter for a senior position that they were hiring for (but were considering filling the slot with someone junior). The interview process (two phone, one in-person with the team) went great but it was decided that a better fit within the company existed which would support my ramp-up and growth more effectively. I went through another round of interviews with a different team (in-person) which also went well and in the end I was offered a position. The recruiter I worked with and the team at Jive were fantastic, kept very open lines of communication, and moved quickly through the process. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair and covered the specifics of the technology/problem domain of the position/team.   Answer Question

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

1) I applied for the Javascript Engineer position with Jive Software online expecting the usual delay I've found the exists when applying for a new position. However, I was contacted almost immediately by Jive and was extremely impressed by how quickly they responded (within 5 minutes). After applying, I began to draft an InMail (to help my chances) but was unable to complete it because Jive called me before I pressed send.

2) Monday, one business day later, I had phone interview with the the engineering manager. This interview pushed more into Javascript knowledge approaching important questions (Closures, Call vs Apply, scope, promises, etc.) I immediately received feedback that I had passed this test and that they would schedule an in-person interview. This was scheduled for two days later.

3) Wednesday's interview was a bit more intense: 4 interviews, spanning over half the day. The first was w/ the Dir of Engineering and was primarily conceptual. The second was a follow-up interview with the manager I had previously spoken with over the phone. The third interview was conducted by two developers who looked at both the design and development side of things. Finally, the "dreaded" fourth interview came. I was grilled by two devs on all the ins and outs of javascript. Excellent questions were asked at every stage of these interviews. This gave me confidence that this was a group of extremely intelligent individuals. A couple hours after the interview, I received a call that Jive was interested in extending an offer to me.

I *really* appreciated the speed with which this process was conducted. Had Jive not been a fit, I would have liked to figure that out quickly. Since it was a fit, I was glad to find that out as soon as possible. I've applied at many companies where the process dragged out. This has been the best hiring experience in my career (and not only because I got the job).

I would highly recommend applying for a position at Jive. They value your time and they won't waste it. It's also an excellent company and one you should want to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jive Software (Boulder, CO (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

One or two phone interviews with a manager and hiring manager. Understand what position you're applying for and be ready to answer questions about your past experience, especially as applies.
    In the face to face interview, the team members sit down with the candidate and do pair programming projects. Getting a coding project completed in an interview is less important than showing the interviewers that you know how to code. Some teams are distributed, so you may have to do some interviews over skype.

Interview Questions

• Write a LRU cache implementation. This is a pair programming exercise, where the intention is to see how well the candidate can actually write code. The difficulty is that you're very likely to run out of time; focus on doing things right and don't worry as much about running out of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a fair salary increase from my previous job without much effort. I put forward a number with some reasoning, they said ok.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. We had a 30 minute chat on the phone where she asked basic behavioural and career goals questions. Then she went over their open positions and what she felt I would be a good fit for.

She then sent me a technical test to complete. I completed it within the time frame we agreed upon. After not hearing back for a week, I sent a follow-up e-mail. Never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview Process is very clear, and HR and Managers are very helpful. They will guide you on preparation for Interview like what to expect. They will quickly arrange your itineraries and you will enjoy meeting people in the team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.