KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview.
After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up.
Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not.
Next day, an on-campus interview was held.
The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions.
Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little.
After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

In-person interview went great, however, the recruiter brought me in for a position that required experience that I did not have. Prior to the interview, I asked whether or not the lack of experience would be an issue, and I was told it would not. I was supposed to meet with 4 people, and wound up meeting with 1 and another was on the phone. Total waste of time.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

On-campus interview. They selected through college portal and then called for interviews on-campus. Post which they called me on-site in their office in New York for another interview for the final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

Starts with providing a solution for a real business scenario. Presentation skills, verbal ability and thought process are analyzed here. Next is excel exercise. 10 excel tasks to be completed in one hour. At least 8 to be correct. Not a cakewalk. Next HR interview. Just chilled. Next interview with a member from future team. Puzzles solving and analytical thinking related discussion. Next interview with manager. More on the subject. Next with partner. Woof-- sweating interview for 1 hour. Got screwed like anything. Stress handling and fitment into team are analyzed here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an campus recruitment process.Initially there was resume shortlisting in which mostly finance majors were shortlisted. second round was group discussion round . Third round was a technical interview which was mainly based on valuations and corporate finance. fourth round was an HR round followed by another hr round and then the final results were declared.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on relative valuation were asked very frequently   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Campus recruitment process-GD ,then hr cum technical interview.GD had moderate -difficult topics-out of box thinking appreciated.Interview had combination of strategy,guesstimate hr questions and some questions on resume-(no prior work ex)

Interview Questions

• Prepare a costing strategy for an online promotional campaign   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru) in January 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of Interview. They check lot of ppt and Excel skills. Other things like structured thinking and communication skills are also checked.

Interview Questions

• You are the sports minister. How will you make sure that Basketball takes off in India just like cricket?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

telephonic interview 2 rounds followed by one face to face/VC interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much open to negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.