Kainos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Kainos Interview Questions

Interviews at Kainos

3.1

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Phoneton, OH (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Screening interview then a second phone interview. Advised 90% of CV’s get rejected - I think that comment was designed to make me feel “special” but came across as arrogant - red flag. Went through the 2nd interview, very leading questions, pushed to answer a certain way and interviewer obviously didn’t have my CV in front of him and was calling on a mobile from somewhere noisy. Another red flag. Again found the whole experience quite arrogant. Despite following up I received no communication or feedback at all. Overall I just saw red flags throughout the whole experience.

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Ghosted After Final Interview

I hope this would help somebody. First of all, I really wanted this job and I truly believe I did my best by dedicated my time in researching about a company and take a day off. I submitted my application online, I did complete assessments online, had a 30 minute phone interview and had 2 hours in person interview with senior recruiter and a head of Talent Acquisition. The first thing that upset me was that I had to wait 30 min for my final interview because they were interviewing somebody else and offered him/her a job. Second, during interview they said "even if you do not get a job we want you to share your best experience on Glassdoor, we want to have 5* reviews". Which I find very unprofessional. Finally, after the interview I sent 2 thank you letters to both recruiters and heard nothing back, during the interview they mentioned that they will let me know about their decision later that week. After week past, I emailed again and was totally ignored. If you treat candidates poorly during the recruiting process, they’re going to tell their friends. You could get away with that in 2009, but you can’t get away with it in 2020. How can you build a new Recruitment team in Atlanta if your company's recruiters don't have high standards. It only takes 5 minutes to write an email. Total waste of time ...

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Where to start with this story---I applied online and two weeks later was phone interviewed. The phone interview was great and very informative. I also completed an online assessment prior to the phone interview. I really took the time to research the company and after my phone interview I went into the interview confident and excited at the possibility of working at such a wonderful place.

The following week I interviewed at a co-working space (odd but went with it) by 2 upper level employees. When I arrived the front desk informed me I was not on the books and neither was Kainos. I sat awkwardly for some time in the lobby until my interviewees finally arrived. The interview was quick but I thought it went really well. There was also a mysterious vibe around it as if the decisions had already been made but they had to honor their commitment to interview me.

I was ghosted. I was told in person and via response of my thank you email that I would be told I would know by the end of the week if I was given and offer or not. Considering I had to take time off from my place of employment the least I could be given was a "No" and I could move on with my life. Also, I had to pay $9 for parking. I just now after 4+ weeks of no response received a rejection which led me to write this review. I find it almost comical for me to receive this and wonder if they actually thought I was awaiting their response. Oh boy. Not a good process at all considering the company culture and the website.

After much self-convincing and feeling defeated, I realized I saved myself a headache and hope this review does help someone else too!

Platform Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos in November 2020.

Interview

Interview with 2 people. Reviewed an architecture I had previously designed. Interview was generally good but the experience that they were looking for didn't match what was asked for on the JD. This was a bit of a waste of time as if the JD had made this more clear then it would have been clearer what they needed.

Agile Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview was 30 mins, and was fine. 2nd interview with Delivery Managers, I joined the call early and the 1st interviewer clearly didn't want to talk to me, I should have ended it there. 1 week after the 2nd interview and no communication, I chased 3 times and 2 weeks later did actually get some valuable feedback.

Interview Questions

• How does the code get from a developers machine to a live environment?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos.

Interview

This review is for the Formulate Group, owned by Kainos.

While the process started off okay, there was very little information available on the subsequent stages. It also became quickly clear that the job description that was advertised did not really match up to what the interviewees had to say about the job. It felt slightly misleading. It also started looking like the management team have very little knowledge and understanding of the core skills required for the job which made the conversation around their marketing tech stack very confusing. Questions about progression within the company and the role were not answered very well. In fact, in the first stage of interview, the team could not even answer simple questions, for example, the reporting structure around the role (it is NOT a new role within the org).

The most unprofessional part of the interview process is that after wasting my time for two stages of interview, they did not even have the courtesy to let me know that the role has been filled. It was not until I chased the TA team 3 times that someone got back to me saying 'Oh, we have already hired somebody for this role'.

Looking at Glassdoor reviews now, I totally see a pattern. They do not seem to care much about candidate experience which tells you a lot about the company culture in general. Dodged a bullet there.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I had an interview with hiring manager, seemed pleasant. Role was a good match. She promised to get back to me promptly but I got ghosted and never heard back again. This was 3 months ago now. She never responded to a thank you email either. Just a bad manager. Bog standard questions, minimal info about the team and the role.

I guess I dodged a bullet there

Agile Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by F2F behavioural interview questions relating to the role applied for. Other questions not traditionally relevant to the role were asked. Overall, it was not a hugely difficult interview but did get tripped up on the questions highlighted above.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked around commercials within a program. Bidding etc.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos.

Interview

Face to face interview with two managers/project leaders, at the end of which you write and explain a solution to a technical problem they describe, then an aptitude test taken on their computers, and finally, a scenario based group task (eg, stranded in a rainforest. What 7 items do you take from the list?). Took just over 2 hours in total

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Initial 1:1 meeting, then invited to a panel interview and a final interview with the Head of Talent. Each step of the process was only separated by a couple of days and I'd have probably heard back earlier if Christmas hadn't landed the way it did.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritise tasks/a busy workload?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.