Kaltura Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Kaltura

2.9

Director of Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen followed by a video interview. I had a video interview set for 7 am EST to accommodate the Tel Aviv office and the person screening me no-showed. So there I was sitting in my suit staring at myself on the conference bridge camera for 20 minutes thining maybe someone was just late. Never even received an apology email from the interviewer or the recruiter after I reached out. Everyone went dark after I was stood up for the video interview. Terrible candidate experience and very sad to see this is how they treat prospective employees at even a Director level. If they changed their mind about moving me through the interview process, at least have enough respect to give notice, so my time is not wasted.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my experience in managing and building support teams. Also was interested in my experience dealing with Fortune 500 companies (once I mentioned my company mainly supports those) and how I interacted with that customer segment   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied to job posting on April 9. Didn't hear anything from the recruiter until June 7, emailing me to schedule an initial phone screen, which she scheduled for the following week. After a positive phone discussion, she set up a Zoom video interview with the hiring manager and the Director of Global Sales.

Found it a bit odd that a company boasting its specialty in video streaming & other video products is using another company's product (Zoom) for their video meetings, but dismissed the thought.

The Director didn't show for the interview, and when I pulled up the hiring manager's LinkedIn, he was a young millennial barely 4 years out of college. Being almost 50 and coming in with over 20 years of experience in my field, it was a red flag, as I've yet to receive an offer after interviewing with hiring managers 20 or more years younger than me despite the interviews all seeming to go very well and establish a favorable connection during the discussion. In any case, it's always a bit awkward being interviewed by someone in a position you've been working in longer than they've been alive, but I have no problems as long as they're competent in their role and don't discriminate against applicants based on age or other characteristics irrelevant to the job.

With no helpful inside tips from the recruiter on interview attire considered appropriate by Kaltura, I dressed up in a suit and tie, only to be greeted by a manager in a T-shirt and a goofy hat who looked like a college kid lounging around in his dorm, leaving me feeling uninformed and ridiculously overdressed. He seemed knowledgeable about the company and its products & services, but a bit green about the nature of the job he was interviewing me for - his official job title was the same as mine would be if hired, so maybe he was afraid my experience made me either 'overqualified' (unrealistic; in this field the more experience you bring, the better) or a possible threat to his ego as a young & inexperienced manager.

Not long into our scheduled 45 minute interview, his questioning pivoted into what seemed to be a checklist of questions he had prepared to pick my brain for information to either help him in his own job, or to help him qualify the other candidates he would be talking to after me. He even asked "if you were hiring someone for this role, what qualities would you look for in the right candidate?" Unbelievable!

At the end he told me "I'll be in touch, and the recruiter will follow up with you on next steps", both of which ended up being lies. For the next 2 weeks, I waited and emailed the recruiter asking if there had been any feedback from the hiring manager. The recruiter didn't answer a single email I sent, so I phoned her to ask again and check status of my candidacy. Both times I called, she answered "hello?" on her company phone, and told me she was still waiting for feedback from the manager. Finally, I received a automated/canned email saying they had decided to move forward with other candidates.

Recruiter came off very hands-off and unprofessional through the process, especially considering I had nearly 3 months of my time and availability invested in this job application. Managed appeared inexperienced, flippant, and disrespectful to my time. From some of the reviews I've read here about Kaltura, it sounds like I dodged a bullet anyway. Wouldn't recommend anyone I know to apply with this company.

Interview Questions

• "If you were hiring someone for this role, what qualities would you look for in the right candidate?" REALLY??   Answer Question

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Interview

Got an email from 2 different people; one saying they want to set up a 15 minute chat to talk, and the other was 6 questions that are meant as a brief view of your knowledge and problem solving skills. I stated in my application that I am currently working, but in the email with the test questions, I'm told that I have 48 hours to get back to them with my responses. It's hard enough to look for a job while you're currently employed, but this is the first time that I have been given a time limit to answers interview questions. Maybe this isn't a big deal to others, but I'd rather not feel pressured or "short on time" when answering interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a security group and a distribution group in ActiveDirectory? Can you explain the difference between group scopes in AD? Do those relationships change if you switch to office 365/Azure AD services?
      What are some of the challenges of ensuring that a password change is properly done throughout a forest?   Answer Question
    • Suppose my Dell PowerEdge server is having issues writing reliably to its attached storage device. You will not be given physical access to the server and must tell me as much information as possible in 10 minutes regarding the state of the machine.
      What are some of the tools you'll use, and what would you look for? Note: rebooting is NOT an option, and you are not told which OS to expect (it could be Windows server, it could be Linux) - assume any/all possibilities.   1 Answer
    • You need to add 50 new end users into AD within 20 minutes. How would you accomplish this task? Can you elaborate and give examples of the commands/workflows that you will use?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

The Skype meeting lasted about 1.5 hours.

Here they ask me several questions about my company and experience then they made me take a test which was not difficult, but it was a little confusing.

One week later they send me a email saying " we unable to offer you a position at this time."

Kaltura Does Not Respect Your Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was ridiculous. I was contacted by their upper management through linkedin. I was invited to speak with hiring managers for a specific department. Before interview times I made them well aware that I am currently working, and that I may need to miss a meeting with them if I had high severity work that needed to be done. I also advised them that I was on call during the interview process and had very little sleep the week we had the interview. I was given a test that would take approx 6 hrs to complete, but was told it would take 2 hours max. Part of this test was downloading and installing an image to Amazon's s3, anyone knows that's a half hour at least there, and another half hour to upgrade and update. The "test" began with missing RPMs and bad dependencies, then went into mysql installation issues in the install scripts... I told them that I didn't have time for much, and we could have moved the testing phase to the next weekend... so they said I wasn't fit for that position because I couldn't finish their unfair test on my very little time available! But the next department wanted to interview me. I had to miss the second interview due to conditions on my job, had a sev1 outage issue to lead. I wrote them immediately and apologized profusely. I waited for a response, they were typically over a week to respond to me, and after ten days I had no response so I sent another email asking if they were still interested in trying. I got dressed down in a reply by that manager, advising that I would be a bad employee because I waited ten days to reply, but because of my "unique" mixture of talents and training I was just right for the job and they would like to give me another chance... I replied back with the email and the headers showing that I had replied that day I missed the interview, and I received another reply stating that I was now not qualified for that position. This tells me a few things about the company, but mostly that they are incredibly inconsiderate of my time, and I can see how that would play out if I were to become an employee how we have many comments regarding Kaltura here on Glassdoor stating that Kaltura does not respect their employees. It also tells me that their management does not really consider the facts when it comes down to who is right and who is wrong, and that they're hiring yes men. Well, they are right, I'm not a yes man, so I'm not fit for a position with Kaltura.

I immediately contacted the person who originally reached out to me and advised them that I was no longer interested in pursuing employment with Kaltura. That person seemed a bit more responsive than their middle management, apologized for my experience, and assured me that they would be looking into the issue.

Vice President, Global Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview process started on November 18th and just came to a close yesterday February 9th. The company had a very difficult time defining this role. The first interview was via telephone with the company HR liaison and an outside leadership and development coach, . After the telephone conversation I was asked to come in and meet with the HR liaison for 30 minutes so she could meet me face to face before meeting the CFO and CEO.
    After the 30 minute interview more than a month went by and I was asked to come back in for another 30 minutes and this time their leadership and development coach was present. I had asked why the lapse in time and they told me "we were really trying to clearly define the role" Once this 3rd meeting concluded, I was told to expect a call to set aside a time to meet with the CEO the following week while he was in town. Two weeks went by and an interview was arranged by the liaison to meet with the CEO during their "sales summit". A couple of days prior to the interview with the CEO I received this email from their leadership and development coach

CEO is looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at 11am. Please call Allison if you have any trouble getting in.

Just as a heads-up before meeting with the CEO, I think he is clear that he wants someone with a tech / start-up background in this role so whatever you can do to highlight your experiences that are relevant to the “scrappiness” and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up would be very beneficial.

Good luck!

I showed up for my interview with the CEO, and from the very start it was evident that he was in a hurry not at all engaged in the discussion... he was on his phone texting or answering emails and it was very distracting. He was not at all welcoming in any way. I felt as if I had taken him away from something very pressing and that this interview was simply a formality. It was extremely uncomfortable and he was extremely unprofessional. Hiring the right HR person is paramount for any organization and this interview is a clear indication on why they still don't have the person and how they most likely will not hire the right person. When the interview concluded he stood up and walked away, he did not shake my hand or assist me on how to exit the building.
    A week later, I received the email below.

After meeting with our few favorite candidates last week, the CEO has decided to go in a different direction (he really enjoyed meeting with you, by the way!). It seems he is looking for even more international and "scrappy" start-up / tech experience. If I get any more detailed feedback, I'm happy to pass that along.

I want to thank you for going through this process with us and for your time and energy (and patience!). I wish you all the very best as you discover your next role - whichever company that ends up being will be lucky to have you!

Interview Questions

• There were not many questions asked, I did most of the asking   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

The process was very smooth - there was clear communication, follow up, and an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did the other interviewer say about you? In this interview the interviewer kept a rapid pace and asked questions that were very insightful. It was clear that this person wanted to test what a person was like. I actually enjoyed this approach as it was challenging and insightful about the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, probably the easiest I have every had.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Since I was out of state, I had a number of phone calls over a few weeks. It ended up being 5+ calls, which I thought was a bit excessive. The position was new, but they dragged out the process while making it feel urgent for me to respond quickly. I went through the same hour-long talk with 4 different people, and few asked different questions. They could have just planned better and all jumped on a call together, would have been much more respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a short exercise in excel to make sure that I was up to the position, as it was a new one at the company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR Director and interviewed over the phone, then interviewed with head of department in person at their office. About a week of time between the two and received feedback and offer within 2 days/

Interview Questions

• Comparison of features across a variety of CRM and ERP software platforms, Salesforce, SAP, etc. They both use and cater to these companies and will need to see how much you know about their presence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their base rate is $75k and will increase or decrease depending on experience and familiarity with computers and web technologies. Salesforce certification will be a huge plus

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramat Gan (Israel)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaltura (Ramat Gan (Israel)) in February 2020.

Interview

At first I was invited to their offices to have an interview with their group leader, in which I was asked general questions about my past projects. Then, I was invited again to have another interview with their team leader, in which general programming questions were asked to test your thinking. I did not get pass that stage.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions that included usage of hash tables and arrays.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.