Keg Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Keg Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Arlington, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Application in house, interview with hiring manager, second interview with GM. Started a few weeks afterward and the training was pretty close to other companies. They will try to convince you that it's okay there is no gratuity for parties over 6 but that is WRONG! Here in America, servers rely heavily on tips for larger parties.

The interview process is easy because they go through a lot of servers.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part about being a server at ______   1 Answer

18 May 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for your review! I am sure Glassdoor users will find it helpful. While tipping is a guest's prerogative, we would love to discuss any concerns you may have with regards to no auto-gratuity on... More

Other Interview Reviews for Keg Restaurants

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Tempe, AZ (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The Keg has open interviews every Tuesday. The first one is a general getting to know you interview and your restaurant background. Then there is a second interview with a second manager that is similar and a final interview with the GM going over everything and getting to know you more.

Interview Questions

• What is an important trait of a server?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Come on Tuesdays to fill out an application. The interview will be quick and simple, and don't be surprised if they don't offer you the job the same day of your second interview with the general manager. It seems they do this to everyone and will call you afterward.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Saw an add for the Vaughan location on their website but unfortunately when I went in the GM who first interviewed me said they already hired for the position and were looking for maybe bussers, I said sure to the idea of it to work my way up so he moved me on to the next interview with an assistant Manager who then interviewed me and gave me their business card to hear back from them by weeks end. Didn't hear back from them. Seems like they go for a certain heteronormative female type who are under 25 with average - above average looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why the Keg?
      What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We'd love to have an opportunity to hear more about your experience, please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and went to their open interview times (3-5). I forgot to bring my application form so I had to fill one out there again, but they were very chill about it. I had a casual chat with the manager who was super friendly and then immediately after the general manager came to interview me. They both said they loved me and thought I was a great fit. Left the restaurant feeling great! Several days later I got offered the job.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear you got the job, congrats!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very basic interview. Was asked to fill out a two page application form. Then I met with the first manager who asked a few simple questions, then a second one. Overall it seemed very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Why would you like to work at the Keg?
      What is your favorite dish.   Answer Question

27 Feb 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the helpful review and congratulations on the new job!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Walked in to apply, filled out application with resume and waited to meet with the brilliant GM, and head chef. Interviewed with her for about 15 minutes, then met the head chef/ FOH manager, and then interviews again with the GM. Then they came back and kindly offered me an amazing position as a server. The interview was in my opinion the most challenging one I’ve had in all my interviews, but it was so thought provoking and in depth questions skit who you are and what you can offer. I felt really respected, geared and listened to the whole time and they were so welcoming and positive. I was shaking with happiness when they offered me the job. The energy and name and rep they have is why they are wanting some of the best staff. They want us to be great and they are willing to take the time to do that, which I appreciate. 10/10 would recommend if you’re seeking a fun challenge.

Interview Questions

• Are you and order maker/ taker? Who are you? What can you bring to the restaurant that others can’t?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and sent in a had written application and was contacted by the Human Resources manager at the Ottawa - York St. Keg restaurant and was asked to come in for an interview. I went in and asked to speak with a manager, they were very friendly but seemed surprised when I came - it was like they didn't know they were hiring. They asked a lot of questions about my communications with the HR personal and it appeared they had not received any communication between HR and the GM. One of the managers came back out and immediately asked if I spoke french and followed with you need to be bilingual here - if you don't speak french you can't work here. I was very caught off guard as there was no indication in the application or communications with HR that indicated this was a bilingual position. Ottawa very much does have a double-standard when it comes to french and English. The manager asked me a question in french and I was only able to understand a small portion (not being bilingual) and because of that the manager concluded the 'interview' at that point and -for lack of better words - showed me the door. Overall, it was a negative interview process which was surprising as I had read many positive reviews online.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak french and are you bilingual?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the manager at the time who asked some question regarding my experience and knowledge. I happily answer honestly about what I would bring to the team including my hard work ethic and dedication to providing excellent service of guests at all times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to for the Keg?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I came in for a walk in interview. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. She started off by asking why I was applying at the keg. She then asked me to name five types of vodkas and five types of wine. When I was only able to answer 3/5 for both, she simply told me that I need to have an above average knowledge of both. I continued to explain that I would love to have the chance to learn, since all my past experience was very limited in terms of wine. I wish I would have been given the chance to show her my personality. I was recommended for the job by one of their managers who I had previously served. She told me that I would be perfect for the job and that I would have the opportunity to train and learn all about wine parings.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review- we'd love to hear more about this experience , please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.