Find jobs for Senior Human Resources Generalist

Konami Gaming, Inc. Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 15 interviews

Interviews at Konami Gaming, Inc.

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Konami Gaming, Inc.

Konami Gaming, Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Konami Gaming, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015

Interview

I was called about 24 hours after I initially submitted my resume. I spoke with someone very briefly; she didn't ask me any specific questions and asked if I could come in the following week to interview in person. I needed to prompt her for details like who I'd be meeting with, interview format, etc. It was a bit of a red flag that the initial phone call wasn't more detailed. Shortly after we hung up, I received an email confirmation with the below text included (I included as much as I could in the 5k character limit for Glassdoor reviews). I'm a senior level professional with almost ten years of experience in Silicon Valley. The idea that I could be working for a company that would ask me to send something this patronizing was totally off putting. I was warned during my onsite that the company is Japanese (yes, obviously) and that the culture is one of professionalism and respect. I asked specific questions about their culture issues (well documented on Glassdoor) as enticing senior engineers to work for Konami would be part of my job description. They specifically stated that they wanted to lure engineers from Silicon Valley, which is when I brought this up. I was told the culture is inflexible, the perks are minimal and they aren't able to offer flexible schedules or a casual environment. What they can offer, I was told, is the prestige of working for Konami and for the right engineer, that should be enough. *eye roll*. It was clear that management has minimal experience actually working with or recruiting engineers, had severe budget constraints and absolutely no ability to contemplate the myriad of hiring issues in a creative way. I asked my interviewer specifically about Senate Bill 9 and she had never heard of it and had no knowledge or concept of how it would affect their hiring plan, even though the bill was largely sponsored by Konami Gaming. I was asked to follow up with a call the next week and when I emailed regarding scheduling I was told that I "need to be patient" and would hear back soon, which I did not. I was excited to interview with Konami but after experiencing their outdated approach to candidate outreach, I'm glad it didn't work out. TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR INTERVIEW Research the company: Prior to your interview, research the company you are interviewing with online. User a search engine to find out locations, history, mission statement, and any information related to your job. Interviewers like to know you did your homework. Telephone Etiquette: Answer the phone yourself, let family members and/or roommates know you are expecting a call. When you answer the phone, answer with your name i.e. Jane Doe (in a perky tone of voice) so the interviewer knows they have reached the right person. Use the interviewer's title during the conversation (Mr. or Ms. and their last name). Only use a first name if they ask you to. Otherwise, use the formal title. Listen to the interviewer and don't interrupt. If you have something you want to say, jot it down on your note pad and mention it when it's your turn to talk. If you need a few seconds to gather your thoughts, don't worry, but don't leave too much dead air. If you need the interviewer to repeat the question, ask. During the phone interview, you'll need to sound as professional as you would if you were meeting the interviewer face to face: * Don't chew gum or eat while you're on the phone. * Have a glass of water close by, in case you need a sip or two during the conversation. * Standing up is an option to consider. Sometimes you can focus better when you're standing. * Be sure to smile. Smiling will project a positive image to the listener and will change the tone of your voice. * Speak slowly and enunciate clearly. * Don't ramble on so the interviewer can't interject or ask more questions. Thank you note: During the course of your interview, be sure to get the first and last name of every person you meet. If possible, ask for a business card from every team member with whom you interviewed. After your interview, promptly send out a brief thank you note to each interviewer to thank them for their time. Interviews are an investment on both ends, so be appreciative of the opportunity and let them know how much you enjoyed speaking with them (even if you didn't).

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a manager who wants to terminate an employee? Most of the questions were very generic.
    1 Answer