Liberty Mutual Insurance Auto Claim Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Liberty Mutual Insurance Auto Claim Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.2

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Rigorous and a waste of 3 hours of my life. They act like they are really interested in you, but they are not. They tell you that you don't need claims experience, but yet if you have claims experience you are not selected. Be prepared to take a short paper quiz, that they don't tell you if you passed or not. The whole process is stupid.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied, got an email the next day. Had a phone interview and then in-person interview was a hired a couple of days later. The overall process was very quick and efficient.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I appreciate a good vetting process, I do. But even with insurance experience, it almost takes an act of congress to get hired at Liberty Mutual.
    So I applied to a job that I felt my skills closely matched. Luckily, I got a phone interview! The process is automated - you go on a site and choose which interview date and time works for you. So I chose a date. On my selected interview date, 5 minutes before the call, I dialed in the 800 number as instructed. I waited... and waited... and 30 minutes later the recruiter was a no-show. I emailed them and also shot a text to someone I know there to check out what was going on. I thought the recruiter was sick or something, idk. Anyway my friend found out that they double booked me. The next day I got an email from the recruiter and we coordinated another date and time.

So my “second” interview comes. Maybe she hadn’t had her coffee that morning, but I received a super underwhelming welcome, and that was the tone of the entire call. Underwhelming. No rapport. Not anything. I know how it feels to talk to someone I have no interest in speaking to, but I’m not HR in this scenario. Honestly, when I speak to recruiters, they are happy to speak with me and tell me about the company, as they are one of the first impressions one gets. But this experience was unlike any I’d ever had, so disappointing to FINALLY get an interview and then have the recruiter be so bland, as if they couldn’t be bothered, and had better things to do.

The tone of the call let me know that the company is not somewhere I belong.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose this specific position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most recent challenge, and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2019.

Interview

overall took about two months from first contact to in person interview. had two phone interviews, as it seems they were accepting applications still for a position that was more or less closed. the person i interviewed with still did a complete phone interview before saying that the position was already filled. my application was still passed on, but notes from my first phone interview was lost (the irony being that they had told me organization was key in this position) so i was submitted to another. at the end of the phone interview (background about the company + 2 behavioral questions + time to ask questions of the interviewer), the in-person interview was scheduled. at the location, no one was expecting me. i waited in the atrium for a good five minutes before a woman back from lunch took pity on me and asked what i needed. the interviewers were very jokey and casual, making me feel more off. they seemed to be good friends, which i suppose speaks well to company/office culture. they asked about ten behavioral questions, five each, and some follow up questions if need be. after that, they wanted me to shadow someone, but had no one ready for me. eventually, they found someone and i sat with them for 15-20 minutes. after that, they sat me down with another manager who asked a few more questions. all in all, it took 2 hours. in the end, it just felt very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• what type of company do you want to work for? how would you define success? & behavioral   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview for about 30 mins for two different positions . Recruiter called me back a couple days later to schedule an in person interview for both. Had both in person interviews for both positions about a week later on the same day. Met with two managers for the first position. They were pretty laid back but serious and time conscious at the same time. They asked questions about me personally and asked STAR scenario based questions. I answered all the questions as best as I could. Then they allowed me to ask questions and provided info about the company. The interview lasted for about 40 mins. I was then allowed to job shadow someone for about 30 mins. Then they let me go home. I have previous claims experience and my portfolio is pretty detailed and tailored to the position so they didn’t need to interview me for too long imo. I then had my second interview about 30 mins later with a manager in another department for a different auto claim rep position. That interview was with one manager and lasted about 40 mins as well. I didn’t shadow anyone in this interview, however, he did ask STAR method questions as well. I received a call from the recruiter about 3 days later with an offer for both positions. They offered the same amount of money for both positions so I negotiated the salary. I decided to go with the position that increased the salary and had the earlier start date since I wanted to start ASAP.
    P.S. based on what I’ve seen in other posts -It is not true that you have to hear back from them right away after the phone or in person interview to be offered a job. They generally are interviewing multiple people for any one role so it takes time for the recruiter and managers to process and vet everyone. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an elderly lady who needed her rental car extended through the weekend even though her rental period has expired?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

After I applied, I was setup for a phone interview. A few weeks later a received an email that I was invited to interview. There was a brief presentation to give more information about the company. After, there were two 1x1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Suwanee, GA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

September 2- Applied
    September 14- email to schedule phone screen
    September 17-phone screen
    September 24- denial email

I was pretty disappointed that I didn’t get a chance to have an in-person Interview to really show off my skills & to express how BADLY I wanted this job. I just hate the phone interview process, on account, you’re speaking with an HR rep and not the actual manager or someone in the department. One rep reached out to me, but another rep actually called me, which was pretty weird. Overall, I’m super disappointed that things didn’t workout in my favor. I “may” apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• -Name a time you had to handle a difficult customer problem ?
      -Are you currently interviewing elsewhere?
      -How soon would you be able to start?
      -Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The first step was an assessment online and filling out the application. You will then schedule a phone interview and next steps were an in person interview with two managers. I personally think the interview was a bit difficult and a bit intimidating however everyone I came across in the office was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and why you feel the position is right for you.   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview processs I believe was great. I had an interview over the phone that went really well. After the interview the recruiter gave me helpful pointers to prepare me for my interview with the Claims senior manager. Before the interview process started there was a brief presentation of the company’s background and some duties and expectations for the position that I applied for. I interviewed with two people and both interviews consisted of behavioral and situational questions that was to be answered in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to write out detailed instructions and what were the instructions?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

All Behavioral questions, in job shadow and a second interview 1 on 1. Very Simple straight forward questions, know your work history and relate it to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.