Liberty Mutual Insurance Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Liberty Mutual Insurance Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied via the internal career website with the notion that the interview process would be quicker since I already worked there. The recruiter reached out to me one week after application submission. I had already spoken with the hiring manager informally but formally went through the first round of interviews which was mostly behavioral questions and a resume overview (30 min over the phone). Three weeks passed after this, where I had emailed the HM asking for a estimated timeline. An additional week later, I reached out to the recruiter to ask for a timeline. The HM emailed me back saying that her team got really busy and then scheduled another round. Due to the holidays, this interview was scheduled over a month later. Final round was 3 hours long with 4 different managers over video. Each manager essentially asked the same thing over and over which I thought was incredibly redundant. Ultimately, they did not extend an offer which I discovered from a one sentence email from the HM saying "they were looking for somebody with more experience." I was a bit confused since I had been speaking to her for 3 months at that point, where she was well-informed of my years of experience from the start. I felt as if they dragged on my interview process out of courtesy since I was already an employee, but it was just a huge waste of time on my part.

Overall, the interview was not incredibly difficult but did take way too long--especially for an internal application. Ultimately, I am glad they did not extend an offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with a colleague?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was in touch with their in house recruiters fairly quickly. The recruiter I talked to was very nice and informed. We had a quick 30 minute phone call to go over the position. Set up an in person interview a couple weeks later. I was given the wrong address of the office but the correct one was a short walk away. The first person I met with was 20+ minutes late after our scheduled time do to a meeting. The interview with all three employees was very similar. A lot of behavioral questions as well as discussion about the department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with other teams to solve a project   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a thirty-minute phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked standard behavioral interview questions. She said the next step of the process would be an in-person interview and that she would let me know by Friday if they would like to schedule that with me. I didn't get an email for about a week after that Friday. I was not asked to come in for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with just a few basic behavioral questions (difficult time working on a team, time you analyzed data). Then onto the superday at their Boston office. Started off with a brief introduction, then went into case study followed by 2 one on one interviews. Case study was very simple, basic math and calculator was available. Nothing to worry about. Two interviews were basically same thing as that first round, simple questions where they just want to get to know you/your personality. Still waiting to hear back from them - has been a long process waiting on updates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time working on a team
      Tell me about a time you had to manage time effectively
      Time you analyzed data
      Extracurriculars on campus   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Very informal interview. Coffee chat at first. With the VP start talking about the job and the function requirements. Then asked me about my past experience and work history. Very casual and pleasant. They were looking for someone who have strong communication and teamwork skills. The interview was around an hour and half and he told me he would get back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview over the phone they asked simple questions. Scheduled an on-site interview within a week. Job offer was delivered within a week. Overall, the process was smooth and they got back to me timely.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, had first round on campus and second round in Seattle. First round is a bit more difficult as interviewer tried to understand everything you did in an analysis experience. What the data were like, how did you process it, how did you get the conclusion.

Interview Questions

• How did you draw your conclusion from an analytical perspective   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2014.

Interview

On campus interview with assistant program director. Pass that and they fly you out on location. For me that was Seattle, WA. Lots of personality questions. Given a situation, what would you do, etc. etc.

Interview Questions

• The final round on location interview has a case study. It was not as difficult as I expected and they figure this is your first case. They help walk you through it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview with a woman from HR. She was very nice, but it was difficult to establish a rapport with her and talk off the cuff. We painstakingly discussed every little detail on my resume, and she did not ask me any sort of behavioral or personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very quick, engaging, and to the point. I applied online through the Liberty Website and was contacted roughly 8 days later for a phone interview with a recruiter. Received on-site interview about 4 days after the phone interview, which consisted of meeting with 4 people (one was my direct manager, the rest senior people in the org). Roughly a week later I received a call with the good news!

Interview Questions

• Describe a detailed challenge you've faced at a prior job, how you systematically tackled it, and how did you measure your success (what benchmarks, etc)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.