Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lidl Interview Questions

Interviews at Lidl

2.7

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (Bayonne, NJ (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

After online application, a phone interview with someone in HQ, then in-person at NJ office.
    The whole company felt somewhat unorganized - they emailed about an in-person interview with less than 24 hours notice. In-person interview was with 2 managers. The satellite office was small, felt a little crowded and was NOT in a good location (not convenient for anyone). The interviewers were nice and the entire process wasn't very stressful, but they didn't seem like they had a good idea of what kind of position they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Typical corporate questions:
      Describe a challenge you had, and how you overcame it.
      What would you say your strengths are.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Newport News, VA (US)).

Interview

The interview was cold, ice cold. Pretty much no smiling, no warmness, very stoic, and no input to your conversations. It would lead to a bad impression of the company for some. However, they are simply trying to test you by being rigid and not providing any input to your interview. The end result makes things jarring, and tense. You seriously start to doubt if you're doing any good at all. I've spoken with many other associates who dealt with the same thing. It's basically a test to see how well you can hold under pressure. An assessment of self confidence. And for the love of god, practice answering interview questions, and make your resume a template to initiate conversation before attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you define great customer service?
      Why do you want to work for Lidl?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have a question?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Greenville, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

It was quick, i went in for an interview. There were about 30 other people interviewing and they chose 10.
    I did a 3 hour training with some people from other branches afterwards and then started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your old jobs and how efficiently.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Wilson, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

group interview, asked about previous jobs experiences, what skills you have to offer and asked you to tell them about your self, asked what if questions, and how you handle scenarios

Interview Questions

• when was a time you gave exceptional customer service   2 Answers

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

The recruiter was rude. She wasn't listening to my answers, wasn't interested in really learning about my experience to determine if I was a good fit and let me know that my answers were not relevant. She let me know that my asking salary of -/+ $100K was too high (they wanted to pay $75k-$80 which is very low for MBAs in the DC area), that I was expecting too much and that they didn't value MBAs and that they only take work experience into account.
    Clearly I didn't want to work somewhere that didn't value my MBA or the skills I would bring that I worked very hard to get.

I didn't move onto the next round but then 2 weeks later another recruiter contacted me to ask if I wanted to interview for the SAME job I had interviewed for. I had let her know that I was already interviewed and was rejected because of my salary requirements. She agreed to let me interview for the role above it (Brand Manager at $90K) and said she would connect me to the Senior Brand Manager (hiring manager). She never did and after a follow up with her responding 2x and nothing moving forward, I stopped trying. I didn't hear from her again and was never connected to the hiring manager.

What a mess of an organization! They were still searching for someone for the role 3 months later after it was posted for about 4 months. They just do not want to pay market rates for talent, which is why they are having extreme trouble finding people.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, company?
      What makes you qualified?
      Do you have experience working with private label, brand design, packaging, and/or product development?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a straight forward process. It entailed a screening call, then a Skype interview with managers followed by an in-person interview. At the beginning, I was impressed with the recruiter's responsiveness and attention to detail. The hiring managers however asked few questions to better understand how I can fit the position they were looking to fill. For the in-person interview, I can only remember the hiring managers asking about 5 questions. They also asked to provide them with a presentation about how I would go about establishing a Claims Department. The hiring managers were very young attorneys from Portugal. I was really surprised that they did not ask a lot more questions. Maybe they were just fishing for ideas on how to establish a Claims Department in the US? It is difficult to tell. I have been in enough, positive interviews, in which interviewers provide a concise and effective introduction to what they are looking for and what they are looking to do. Unfortunately, I can say that I had such experience here. I was not offered the position, but I wonder if that had to do more with my salary expectations (which I mentioned earlier in the process). Another advice for Lidl HR: if you chose not extend a job offer to a candidate, please be courteous and don't send a canned email message. I took two days of vacation for the out of state in-person interview and I felt it could have been better handled.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Spartanburg, SC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for position on Indeed.com and scheduled interview electronically. The interview was given at a local community college. I was interviewed by the assistant store manager and the district manager. Being that the store wasn't open at the time, they informed me of my next steps in the process which included waiting on an email with information about my training in Charlotte,NC at a Lidl training center for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught an employee stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lidl (Mebane, NC (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online to Company website. Received a phone call requesting to do a phone Interview. Received a second call 7-10 later inviting to an in-person Interview. The Interview was with 2 Warehouse Team Leaders. Interview was about 30 minutes. Now will wait for hopefully a follow-up from the Company with 7-10 days. Felt the Interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker or supervisor and what did you handle that?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Got flown out to Washington D.C for my third interview and spoke with the head of the department. The questions were difficult but not impossible. I believe if you know your craft and are confident in what you are interviewing for then you will do good. I was scared at first about this interview but then I realized that nothing can stop a confident person. Go in confident and everything will be ok

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter then a Skype interview next. Was then invited for an in person interview. I was told I would be interviewing with the head of the department but when I got there I interviewed two different people. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and seemed like they already had someone else in mind but didn't want to cancel the interview. Emailed the next day with a general thank you for applying to our position but will be moving forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions like biggest weaknesses / greatest accomplishments.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.