Linear Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Linear Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Linear Technology

3.6

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 different departments with similar openings in the same day. Arrived early in the morning, visiting with multiple department engineers over the course of several hours. Quizzed on various fundamental and "tricky" questions. Finally, discussed with the department assistant manager about the company culture, department goals & requirements, and general personality questions.

After breaking for lunch, was led to second round of interviewing for other position, with similar format, again speaking with several department engineers. Occasionally had difficulty answering questions due to language barrier confusion with some, but generally was not felt overwhelmingly pressured or intimidated at a psychological level by the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the frequency response of different types of capacitors and why would you use one or the other? (Ceramic, electrolytic)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Following the interview, acceptance was not indicated for at least 3 weeks even with follow-up emails. Delay due to semi-annual sales conference. Negotiations were non-existent due to the expectation that the counter-offer would likely not be accepted.

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chelmsford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Linear Technology (North Chelmsford, MA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Very thorough, lasted half a day with several people. I had to demonstrate knowledge of the subject I would be working with, personal attributes, work ethic, published articles, schematic diagrams, source code and working examples of projects I had done.

Interview Questions

• Please show us a schematic of the product you sell, from memory.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

2 1:1 interviews, first with your supervisor, then with the Plant manager.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Several phone interviews with fairly practical questions, they gave me time to investigate and call back. This was followed by a short interview at satellite design center close to where I was attending grad school, then an 8 hour interview at headquarters. This was the most challenging interview of any company I applied for.

Interview Questions

• A 90MHz op-amp configured in a gain of -1 is oscillating. How do you start debugging it?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

Lead engineer emailed me and scheduled a phone call. During the phone call, it started with few basic questions about my background and asked me few questions about dc/dc converters. It wasn't anything hard. It was short and straightforward phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between voltage control and current control   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

One conference-call phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The conference call was a little weird, because it was difficult to keep track of which voice belonged to which interview.

Interview Questions

• There was an in-depth, multi-interviewer, three-hour on-site technical interview   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job online. First I had a phone interview for 15 mins and then I was been invited for an onsite interview for an hour. After the first round of onsite interview I was again invited for the second onsite interview, which took place for whole day.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology in November 2013.

Interview

Overall, Interview process went well. Got a phone interview, and then an onsite interview. Onsite was 1 on 1 interview for about 1 hour each session. Interview took the whole day, maybe 8 hour or so. I was exhausted. Tested on fundamental circuit theories and also digital circuits theories. Very nice, bright, and professional interviewers. Would definitely enjoy working at the facility, but did not receive any follow up after the onsite.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was extremely professional from start to finish. Initial contact was made at a career fair and an offer to come to their facility for an interview was extended at that time. The interview lasted about 4 hours, with a one hour overview of the company/position and a tour of the facility, followed by about 2 1/2 hours of one-on-one interviews with two supervisors, and then a 1/2 hour recap.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical-based to determine the level of understanding of basic analog circuit design.   Answer Question

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

On site screen followed by full day interview. Several engineers and managers interviewed one on one and everyone approached with great professionalism. Questions start with basic fundamentals and builds towards higher difficulty. All engineers had great academic background and great understanding and appreciation of analog. Interview is a good learning experience

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.