LinkedIn Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.3

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Very thorough process and had at least 5 stages it. After applying via LinkedIn went through the following steps: evaluation through 3rd party hiring test, screening call with a recruiter, call with senior team member, call with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and two other senior team members which also included a 15 min role play exercise, final call with senior director of sales. Each step was thorough and requires being exceptionally prepared and ready to prove your value. The recruiter/hiring manager/team members were incredibly helpful throughout - very responsive, great understanding of the role, answered ad hoc questions, etc. The only hitch in the entire process was one or two late notices from recruiting scheduler on times for calls but the primary contact recruiter was always responsive. Overall super in-depth process but worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of feedback you have received from your manager in the last 3 months and how did you respond?   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in May 2019.

Interview

My interview experience with LinkedIn could not have been more positive. While they take it very seriously and the interviews are not easy, I felt that the entire process was handled so well. From the start the recruiter I was working with was helpful, responsive, kind, and went out of his way to communicate next steps with me before I even had to ask. I had four rounds (recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, in-person panel, and in-person presentation), and all occurred within a month. I received an offer exactly one month after my first phone interview. The entire team was extremely nice, intelligent, welcoming - couldn't ask for a better process and very excited to start!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2019.

Interview

This was one of the most disappointing interview experiences I have ever had. Throughout my sales career (9 years), I've probably interviewed with 20 different companies, and this was the least professional team I have encountered. For a company that has built a significant chunk of their revenue off of sales and recruiting products, their internal recruiting process is simply abhorrent.

I applied to the position through employee referral and proactively reached out to the job poster at LinkedIn. I received a note several days later from a junior recruiting employee at LinkedIn who was 2 months removed from college. This person knew nothing about the role, and simply read a few questions from a script during the phone screen. At the end of the call, he then said my next step would be a call with the original recruiter I had reached out to (I don't understand the need for this extra step). Between the time it took to set up this first call, and the timing to set up a second recruiting call, nearly 2 weeks had past. LinkedIn is clearly missing out on good candidates as this takes far too long.

I then received a note from him several days later saying the job spec had changed. Other roles were available that fit my background, and he stated that the applicable recruiters would like to speak to me, but I was never able to get another response from him or the other recruiting team members I was directed to despite this positive feedback about my resume.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

I was referred through an employee referral. I had a good chat with the recruiter, the position sounded like a good match. Made it to the second round interview by phone, was not asked to come interview on site. The person I spoke with said they were looking for someone with a stronger sales background. I was disappointed but still have nothing but respect for this company.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Didn't get an offer, but the company was first-class throughout the entire interview process. I had two phone interviews, and then came into the NYC office for a one-hour in-person interview with one person in the room and another manager on the phone. The questions that were asked were very fair, and the recruiter I worked with did a fantastic job communicating with me during the entire process.

You can tell just by talking with the recruiter and the managers that this is an excellent company with a great culture. The people in the building are passionate about the company's mission and enjoy showing up to work every day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to show resilience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to get into sales?   1 Answer
    • What is appealing to you about LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

It will take some time to go through the multistage interviews but you’ll gain insights as well. Depending on the position you’re looking for, its a good idea to provide examples of your previous work.

Interview Questions

• How would your customers describe you?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great, although I did not get the position, the recruiter was very timely in her contact with me and made the experience very pleasant. I got feedback from the recruiter about why I didn't get the position as well.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, strengths. Had to do a mock discovery meeting in the final interview.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Lengthy and fragmented. Interviewed with the same 2 hiring managers throughout the process. Had a mock discovery call with hiring managers before the final presentation. Hiring mangers weren't present for the final presentation. There was 1 hiring manager present who didn't have an openings and wasn't familiar with the mock scenario that was established through the discovery call.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your book of business?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

The interview process here is exhausting. 4 phone calls and then you get to go in for an in-person meeting. I was really excited for the opportunity to work here up until the 4th call with two sales managers (the mock call).

I’ve had several interviews in my life and I’ve never had one like this. I felt like I was interrogated instead of being properly interviewed. It was clear they hadn’t looked at my resume at all. The mock call is a bit ridiculous because they expect you to sell a product you’ve never worked with.

Long story short, I got terrible vibes from both of these sales managers and lost all interest working here. I’m shocked as to how these two people qualified for manager roles. Interviews shouldn’t be this insulting and uncomfortable.

It’s too bad because everything leading up to this point went very well.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone screen- Phone Interview- Mock Disco- In Person Demo/ Panel Interview. Know your KPI's (discos, closed rev). They are looking for people who have a prospecting strategy in place and are ready to grind.

Interview Questions

• What is your prospecting process   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.