LinkedIn Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 4 Apr 2019

3.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I’ve had 2 attempts from 2 different recruiters and for 2 different teams. First one just fell through after on-site, with 0 feedback. Second recruiter didn’t even know I’ve already went to the last round once, but still helped to get a new chance. What she didn’t help me with is preparation, which I think recruiters should support their candidates with. She basically said to prepare a ‘consultative presentation of a solution’ to the group on-site. Since it was going to be only 20 minutes, it was explained as a presentation, not selling pitch. That made sense- because 1) the position is not for a cold caller and 2) if any professional salesperson was to create a pitch it would be thorough an effective dialogue and that’s just not gonna happen within 20 minutes, unless you’re selling coffee.
When I got on-site for the 2nd interview, there was 1 interviewer, the 2nd guy was on webcam. They went through exact same generic questions like last time, so I immediately felt like just another cog in a system. Then they asked me to present. So I did- my imaginary ‘solution presentation’ was supposed to look like a final meeting and an actual presentation. UNfortunately, the feedback I got right after I was done was that I didn’t upsell them by not asking bottom-line questions and budget. They said they’re looking for “challengers”.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

After the initial screening interview with a recruiter, I had 2 sets of interviews - a video with a team member and an on-site interview that included an assignment. Everyone were really nice during the process but the problem was that it took a long time between each interview and that was frustrating. Until this day I haven't heard anything after my final interview, I worked hard on preparing the presentation so at least getting an email with an update would be nice.

Interview Questions

• An assignment for the on-site interview where they provided campaign data and I was asked to present it to a client   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

When I did talk to people, it was fine- but they seemed very disorganized internally. Ghosted after the second interview despite follow-ups. Not what I expected from a company which such a great reputation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral and went through several phone screens and two rounds of full-day in-person interviews. Everyone asked great questions and the recruiting team was extremely thoughtful in preparing a goodie bag of snacks on the day of my interview and consistently following up with me throughout the process. In the end, I wasn't a fit for the role but I really appreciated that the recruiter took the time to pass along some feedback to me and encouraged me to apply to another position when it opened up in the future.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and ended up speaking with a recruiter. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then went into the office and had a video interview with a seller and an AM. Finally, I was given an assignment to present and went in and presented to two additional hiring managers.

After the presentation, I followed up a few times and was told that she would have feedback on Monday. I ended up finding out a week later that I was not chosen for the position, with no feedback. I asked for feedback from the recruiter, as well as e-mailed the last people I interviewed with. It took a few follow ups but 2/3 ended up emailing me back (one hiring manager never responded after 3 follow ups). After spending hours in interviews and creating a presentation, the least that person could have done was respond with some feedback. Regardless, I was told that I did not get an offer because they are looking for more of a closer and an ask for incremental spend. Prior to the presentation, I did some research and saw this response was common, so I made sure that I had the close at the end with over $600k in incremental ask.

Oh well - I've heard it's a great company once you get in. However, this interview process definitely turned me off.

The recruiter was very helpful and nice at the beginning, however, they seemed a bit disorganized. The coordinator was setting up interviews for jobs I didn't apply for in cities that I don't live in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

INterview process was intense- 3 phone interviews, 1 6 pannel interview in person, and then finally you present a 30, 60, 90 day plan on how you would ramp up to speed. very results and data driven.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handeled conflict?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had a very positive experience at LinkedIn, although I didn't get an offer. I got in touch with the recruiter via a referral. The recruiter, the hiring manager and the other persons from the team, were all very nice. In the end I didn't get an offer since they choose to promote someone from within the company. Which was too bad for me at the time but promoting people form within the company is actually good for current employees and speaks for the company.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about their business model and to tell a lot about your past experiences via behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long but well worth it in the end. I have 2 phone interviews and 7 face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you see social media shaping advertiser spending in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy and not stressful at all. I recieved a great offer and it was above my asking price.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter contacted me. After a brief phone screen, he told me that the hiring manager was eager to meet me. Another recruiter contacted me from there to schedule an onsite interview. She confused the position I was interviewing for then corrected herself in a subsequent email.

The initial onsite interview was a half-hour meet and greet. I received positive feedback from my lead recruiter and was told that they would like me to come in for another interview. For this interview, I needed to put together a presentation based on a homework assignment that Recruiter 2 passed along. There was some confusion between the recruiters on the format of the interview, but this was resolved prior to the interview.

That Monday, I presented to the hiring manager and another person on the team. They did not have much curiosity about my professional background and spent much of the time grilling me with business case questions that would be difficult for most candidates to answer on the spot.

Recruiter 2 then set up an interview with the department head. The department head was more than 20 minutes late to call me. She apologized and we planned for a 5 p.m. Friday phone interview the next day. She asked a kind of business consulting question that I was unfamiliar with and unprepared for. Consequently, I was thrown off for the rest of the interview.

Next, I received a call from my main recruiter who apologized for the question and told me that it was not something that he had prepared me to answer. He told me that I was still their top candidate and that
    they would work on putting together an offer letter in the next few days.

The next day, the recruiter emailed me and said that they decided not to go ahead with the offer. His explanation was that the hiring manager had changed her mind after speaking with the department head.
    This was after I received a verbal offer that was reneged after wasting hours of my time. The whole process left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What is the dollar value of a LinkedIn customer?   Answer Question
    • We have a product that customers love, but it requires a lot of manual work
      and ends up costing more than we make. What would you do?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, who works directly for LinkedIn. Recruiter in California / I'm in Chicago. The appointment was set and the recruiter called right on time. Many of the usual questions were asked of me. Examples: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, give examples of your sales background, how many people did you manage in your previous job, etc.

Felt as though the recruiter was somewhat distracted. I could hear typing in the background, and I presume recording my answers to her questions. I may have been on speaker phone, which I find distracting. Recruiter was somewhat snippy when I asked a probing question about the job responsibilities.

Interview lasted about 20 minutes and by then, we had determined that I was overqualified for the position. The way LinkedIn titles their job positions is misleading, in my estimation. For example, this job opening was titled Account Manager. However, after discussion, it became clear to me that the job did not call for management; Rather more of a coordinator or subordinate role. I was mildly annoyed that the recruiter would not have known of my over qualifications, just based on my resume.

I'm rating the interview difficult, because I felt the recruiter should have known that I was extremely over qualified for the position. The questions themselves were what you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Did you read the job description?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.