LinkedIn Business Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Business Leadership Program Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.2

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview
Mock qualifying call and then an interview with a BLP alumni.
It went very well and in the last interview/ mock call I was told I was being moved to the final round. Next week I received a call from my recruiter saying that I would not be getting moved forward in the interview process. When giving feedback to me he emphasized that everything I did was perfect and I should not change anything for future interviews. All he said was that I was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, heard back about a month or-so later requesting a phone interview. Set up a mutually agreeable time, rescheduled once due to a conflict on the Recruiter's end. They started by asking some questions on the basis of H-1B Visa, current GPA, etc. They then asked a few situational-based questions. I answered using STAR, and whenever I was done answering, they would immediately move onto the next question with no follow-up, no conversation about my problem-solving method, etc. It was very evident that they were reading off a script, and simply asked to type everything down. Given that part of this role would be rotating in Talent Acquisition, I decided to withdraw my name from consideration immediately after our conversation.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by a mock sales call. These interviews were very fair and standard. The interviewers were extremely warm and friendly.

The final round is called the "Invitational Day" with about 30 candidates. LinkedIn sets up its candidates at fancy hotels in Chicago. I went in with an open mind, and was very energetic and friendly. To my disappointment, I immediately noticed that the leaders of the program picked obvious favorites. The duration of the day has no formal assessments – there are inspirational talks and panels, and only one 1 minute candidate group presentation. I legitimately had no chance to prove myself, so it's no surprise I wasn't given an offer. Every time I would raise my hand to ask a speaker a question, the group leader would look the other direction. The same kids were called on every time, and it felt very arbitrary. I have never seen such blunt favoritism. It was really bizarre.

When I got to know the current BLP associates during lunch, they were very friendly. But several of them were honest, and explained how tedious and mediocre the actual sales work is. They tried to sell us on LinkedIn's perks and the BLP community. But the job itself was portrayed as tiring and boring. Apparently the salary is low too.

When I got the call saying I didn't get an offer, I asked for feedback. The response was "I don't know." It was really lame.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral for the first ones. N/a for invitational day since it was a ridiculous way to assess candidates.   1 Answer

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2018.

Interview

I was connected to a recruiter through an employee referral. I had one initial phone screening and then was not invited to the second round. There were some logistical issues with setting up the interview on their side, which made the process take slightly longer than normal.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you?   1 Answer

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Phone calls with recruiter were more conversational. There were also a series of video interviews were you talk with hiring managers and also a mock sales call. Be yourself! They are so fun and they really want you to grow and be the best you can be, I could tell in my interviews.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview that was very brief. Only asked a few behavioral questioned and lasted roughly 15 minutes. After I answered my interviewers three questions she gave me the opportunity to ask some of my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing you have learned from College?   1 Answer

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I had an employee referral so I automatically had a phone interview with a Hiring Manager based in NYC. I did not advance to the next round which I believe was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin mail and email. Followed up and set up a phone appointment. Call was only 15 minutes and he only asked 3 questions. He told me he would only ask 3 questions. I was kind of disappointed as I did not make it pass the first round. I felt that I wasn't given an appropriate opportunity to express myself and showcase my abilities.

Interview Questions

• What is a risk you took and tell me about it?
      What did you learn throughout your college experience?   Answer Question

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

It was very conversational. Didn't seem like a real interview because so informal. Understanding the job description and how you can express those qualities will help you immensely. Overall, staff was extremely warm and pleasant My interview was only for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why LinkedIn Business Leadership Program?   1 Answer

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Best interview process I have ever gone through - recruiter kept me up-to-date and I knew exactly what to expect and when to expect it. All interviewers were very personable.

Interview Questions

• Why LinkedIn? Why this program? Various questions on cultural fit.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.