LinkedIn Business Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 2 Feb 2019

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with an alumni of my university that had been at the company for about two years. Interview included a resume walkthrough, a few personality questions and a business case. The case involved an example of LinkedIn site traffic and revenue. The case took about 20 minutes and required some basic math skills and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• If you were leaving on a one week vacation what are three things you would bring?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Had an on campus interview which was very pleasant. However, the company's communication after that was extremely disappointing. I was told I would hear back hopefully within 1 week but if not within 2. After not hearing back for 2 weeks, I reached out to my interviewer. He told me to expect to hear from him the next morning. I did not get a call all day. No message to even apologize for the delay and set a new timeframe to hear back. Eventually heard back a few days later without an apology.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career center, basic Skype interview through career center (Why LinkedIn, Why BLP, tell us about yourself, etc.), did not continue. Next step would have been onsite interview. Recruiter was very polite and prompt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Less than a week after applying online I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and mostly behavioral questions. The questions flowed like a conversation and were pretty straightforward. At the end of the call I was invited to fly out to California for a day of interviews.
    The interview day was very impressive and pretty much designed to make all the candidates fall in love with the company. There was breakfast, speeches by different people at the company, a trip to the aquarium and a happy hour mixer. The actual interviews consisted of a behavioral interview, a case interview on sales and a group interview in which we had to present for leaders of the program.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2015.

Interview

First round interview was 20 minute conversation with recruiter. Did not ask anything about experience and only asked me 3 questions (see below). The conversation went very well and thought I did exceptionally well but waited 3 weeks to find out I did not make it to the next round. No questions about experience or why I would be a good fit for the program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and heard back within one week of sending in my cover letter and resume in. The first part is a quick 20 minute screening to hear about your background, previous sales experience, and why you want to be in the program. The second was a 30 minute Skype interview with a hiring manager with straightforward interview questions. The hiring manager was very conversational and was just trying to gauge who I was and why I wanted to work at LinkedIn. I mentioned the values, mission, and vision and why they were important to me. They are truly looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit.

I found out that day that they would fly me out to San Francisco to interview and meet current members of the BLP program. There were about fifteen other candidates when I arrived, who were all outgoing, friendly, and had great work experience. The day consisted of going to the aquarium, listening to guest speakers, one behavioral interview, one analytical interview, and one group interview. I wish I would have spent more time preparing for the analytical aspect. I would recommend studying and knowing every business line. I would recommend practicing basic math skills (division, multiplication, percentages, ect.) beforehand and be ready to exhibit your critical thinking skills during the interview. They love people with analytical backgrounds, especially consulting. Everyone I met had previously worked at top consulting firms before coming to LinkedIn.

I would recommend that you speak/reach out to current or previous members of the program beforehand and make those connections. The people that received offers had best friends in the program. Overall, it was a great experience and they really sell you on LinkedIn. Everyone that works there truly loves it and you leave wanting the position even more. They tell you to connect on LinkedIn and stay in touch. I heard back within a week from my recruiter that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of positive and negative criticism that you have received recently?   Answer Question
    • What are 3-5 skills that you need in order to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Business Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, first with a current member of the BLP and next with a recruiter. It was a pretty straightforward business interview, with questions about my academics/past experience as well as behavioral questions. Both interviewers were cordial but pretty cold, it was very difficult to get a read on what they were thinking or to establish rapport. The process of hearing back was very negative; first the recruiter called me without warning and I wasn't able to pick up at the time, then I called her back but she wasn't able to pick up. She sent me an email saying that we would talk on Monday, but then canceled our phone call at the last minute. We were able to reschedule for later in the week and after all this back and forth I was feeling hopeful that she wanted to talk to me about moving forward in the process but instead, after 10 days of back and forth, when we finally talked on the phone she just gave me a quick rejection and that was it. I've heard great things about working for LinkedIn but I certainly had a negative application experience.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week after sending in my resume and cover letter. I had two phone interviews about 5 days apart with two different recruiters, both of whom were pleasant and easy to talk to. After the second interview I was contacted two days later about being flown on site for a final round interview. The day itself was very long (8:15-6) but it was filled with interesting activities like a tour of the Empire State Building and tours of the offices. There were three more interviews that day, one behavioral, one analytical and one group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the program by an incoming BLP Associate, and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter. I had one phone screen with her, another phone screen with another Campus Recruiter, and then a follow-up Skype interview with one of the directors of the BLP. I was flown into San Francisco and had a full-day interview at the Invitational. This consisted of a behavioral interview, an analytical interview, and a group presentation/interview. Everyone was wildly enthusiastic and friendly, which made it tough to tell if you were successful at the interview, or if they were just being super nice. The analytical interview was definitely the most difficult, because they really underplayed the importance and difficulty of it earlier on in the process.

Business Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I had an employee referral so I automatically had a phone interview with a Hiring Manager based in NYC. I did not advance to the next round which I believe was a group interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.