LinkedIn Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.1

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone screen
Phone interview
Panel presentation.... the thing ill say that this last part is setup pretty badly... they only give so much time, and you have 3 people in the room, i understand the exercise, but it should be over an 1.5 hours, so you have time to breathe, I felt very rushed (people left in the middle) and it was distracting. advice to recruiting and hiring managers - give time!

Interview Questions

• The presentation essentially was a discussion on how to best align learning solutions to core business objective   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Call with the recruiter, then a call with hiring manager, who said something that I found alarming. I asked about the competition and he said we have all the skills information, meaning they have our information to sell... sound's like a Facebook money making scheme. I'm not to comfortable using LinkedIn now that I know my information is for sale to the highest bidder!

Anyway, I was told to prepare for a 30 minute presentation detailing my sales skills.

The follow up was that I was to salsey..... wasn't this an opportunity to demonstrate sales skills?

Very disappointed and turned off by LinkedIn...
    Salsey???? Wow I thought this organization was professional, check in on your management team!

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Three rounds - recruiter screen, one call with the remote manager and then a formal presentation with a panel of 4 people (2 managers, 1 Direction, 1 team member)

Interview Questions

• Presentation was going through an onboarding with a customer   1 Answer

Manager, Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted application via LinkedIn job posting
    Phone interview with recruiter to go over job details and ensure fit
    Phone interview with hiring manager
    Practical exercise
    Onsite panel interview presenting my plan for the first 30-60-90 days on job
    Phone interview with director
    Background check

All the recruiters and LinkedIn folk I interacted with were fantastic. They clearly care. They were very transparent about the process. I also felt that their process fit the role well and all their asks were reasonable and well thought out.

Interview Questions

• Prep a plan for what you would actually do during your first 30-60-90 days on the job.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with current team member, video interview with hiring manager, in-person presentation to 4 person panel, and an extra phone interview with a team member.

Interview Questions

• What's the one question you wouldn't want an interviewer to ask you?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was ok. but could be better and explained better , because what was said about the role is pretty much what I can do but deep into the interview it turned out that you need to know the industries and product also

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager and the recruiter working with you ask about customer relationship and retention which is pretty standard...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a long vetting process, recruiter notes passed to hiring manager. No feedback was given, just “sorry, they decided to not move forward with your application”. Wish I had been told why

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake with a customer. How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

A surprisingly negative experience. It started out okay. I was an employee referral and the referral recruiter reached out right away to set up a phone screen. She was professional and nice. After that call she promptly set up time with the business recruiter (Tre). That's when things went downhill. Day of, he rescheduled our call, then was 20+ minutes late to the new time. When we did finally connect, we had a good conversation about the role and he shared timeline. Expect to hear from me in 2 days, if not follow up. Ideally this process should be 2-3 weeks total. Great. 2 days later...nothing. I sent a quick note checking in....nothing. A few days later I followed up...nothing. After 2 weeks went by I followed up a third time letting him know I was progressing with other companies and would appreciate an update. He finally responded and said he would set up a call with the hiring manager for 2 weeks out because her calendar was already full with interviews. What?! Regardless, I said okay and provided my availability. Surprise surprise, no response. I am very surprised LinkedIn would treat candidates so poorly, especially referrals. I was very disappointed by the experience.

Interview Questions

• Why LinkedIn

What motivates you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screen with the recruiter, phone call with 2 managers back to back, on-site (panel interview + presentation).
     Wasn't a difficult interview process. It was pretty standard. They will dig into specific examples so definitely come prepared with stories. I got to an onsite which wasn't super difficult but I think the setting made it such. It was a panel interview with 3 people (2 of whom were on videochat) which is a little out of the ordinary. It feels a little intimidating having everyone present. I strongly prefer 1 to 1.

The reason for it being a negative experience is the recruiter I worked with so I'm sure this can't be throughout all of LinkedIn. He is literally THE WORST recruiter I've worked with. He said he would get back to me by certain date after the phone screen. Didn't hear anything for over 2 weeks after the date he promised. Emailed him twice. No response. I had to email the recruiting coordinator twice, who was super responsive and very pleasant. Set up a call with hiring manager. Went well. Of course no response for another 2 weeks. Received short 3 line email (important later) about how they want to bring me in onsite. Now we had talked about roles in SF or NYC so I email asking which office he wants me to come into since I would be interviewing with people in both SF and NYC. NO RESPONSE! I sent my availability and a coordinator scheduled me for an interview in the NYC office. 2 days before the interview, I get a short email with instructions about a presentation. "Just a reminder, there will be a presentation." I'm guessing LinkedIn procedure is to set up a short phone call so the recruiter can prep the candidate and set the candidate up for success. I whipped up a presentation. It did not go well. You live and you learn.

I still think LinkedIn is a great place to work. Enjoyed meeting with hiring manager. She was very pleasant. But the overall candidate experience was awful. At the very least, you'd expect recruiters to do their job and simply respond in a timely manner. A good recruiter will give you a call before an interview to make sure you know what to expect and set you up for success.

Interview Questions

• Present how you would go about doing a check-in call with customer   2 Answers

Manager, Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 separate recruiters by phone. The first recruiter was super professional and through in her explanation of the process and the types of questions I should be prepared to answer. The second interviewer was also professional, not as friendly and said she was concerned about my leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   3 Answers
    • What is your experience leading teams?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.