LinkedIn Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Applied online, phone screening, went on site for a sales pitch. 2 people interviewed and they seemed to not really ask too many questions about me or relevant experience. I felt like it was rushed and not professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I came in via referral. Had 2 rounds of phone interviews with 2 unique recruiters, 1 video call with Hiring Manager, 1 in-person with Hiring Manager peer, and final call with group Director. Process from initial referral to accepted offer took around 5 weeks. All done very professionally and all interviewers were well prepared.

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

One phone screen, followed by two half-hour back-to-back onsite interviews. First onsite was with hiring managers and was evaluative. Second was with future peers and was about culture.

For sales professionals, they are very focused on learning deeply about your sales backgrounds and results.

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

This had to be one of my favorite interviews in a while. I ended up meeting with two sales managers initially. It ended up being a great conversation and just learning about each others backgrounds. They asked direct questions about why I wanted to work there, culture and why I thought there was a fit. They were also open to answering the many questions I had. Finally a third person, the Director came in and we did a case together. This was the best part of the interview. You knew the deck was stacked against you on the information front. They know the business better than you and you have to remain calm, do your best and be open to feedback. The feedback from the case was open, constructive and honest. I really liked how they delivered it and that encouraged me to continue our conversations and accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you did on this case?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus and also the upfront piece of my variable compensation.

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Omaha, NE (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

First step was a phone call with a LinkedIn Recruiter. This was exploratory and lasted 45 minutes.
    Second step was a phone call with the Hiring Manager. This lasted 30 minutes and was very conversational.
    Third step was an In person with two RM (peers) and an in person with two RM Managers. The managers did a role play with me, covering a situation that was provided to me prior to the interview. This in person interview lasted a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be provided prior to in person interview   Answer Question

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process at Linkedin is very 'interesting'. The first call was from HR and was a run down of my CV, however HR told me I was late to the process and that they had nearly settled on a candidate. This was a bit odd since I had applied the day after the job appeared online. Wasn't Linked all about promoting finding 'passive' candidates? I guess not in their own firm.

The next round was a chat with the Manager of the team in which there was a vacancy. He was very keen to understand why, rather than go over my actual experience. He asked me questions for over an hour, with about 20 minutes focused on WHY I thought a consultative sales process was effective. Given that most sales processes are consultative, this was a bit bizarre. He also focused on areas I didn't have previous experience, namely internet sales/marketing.

After this was the 'final' round consisting of a 90 minute interview. There were three sales managers including the interviewer from round two. The first part was a '20 minute role play' and HR had sent me a brief saying 'the client had some presence on LinkedIn but didn't use it'. Clearly the three managers were NOT aware of this brief. As it turned out, in the role play they said their company DID use Linkedin but found it ineffective. It was also the ONLY system they used for social media. VERY different from the brief HR sent but I guess that's the beauty of a role play - the interviewers have the power to twist it to their own benefit. This was again clearly illustrated when the manager who was in round two then said he was only interested in internet marketing/sales(the area i had mentioned in the previous round that i did not have experience in ). It was pretty obvious at this point they were NOT interested in hiring me and were simply going through a process of interviewing external candidates so as to justify eventually taking someone internally. At this point they asked me how I felt the role play went and then gave me their feedback. The interviewer from round two/the team lead for the team I was interviewing for, was REALLY harsh and didn't make one positive comment. The other two managers seemed embarrassed and gave me more balanced feedback, including of course, the positives.

The next part of the interview- they gave me data about a company - hiring numbers over years etc. They left me alone for 10 minutes and then came back and asked me what trends I saw in the data. They seemed surprised when i was able to identify the trends they were looking for. Given I have over ten years experience in sales, it all seemed a bit obvious. At this point, one manager left and the other two managers (including the round two manager) asked me the same questions as in round two.

All in all, I'd say the interview process is rather contrived. Theoretically, the idea of a role play makes sense but only if the managers/interviewers are FAIR. At Linkedin London this is clearly NOT the case. If you truly have a good CV, don't bother applying to Linkedin. They'll only say 'you're late to the process' and put you through a silly interview process and then pick the person they had in mind originally. There are better places to work...even in London!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think listening to clients ( a consultative sales process) is the best approach? Who taught you this? Where did you learn this? At what age did you learn this?   Answer Question

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

very organised, HR and hiring managers were all very professional and friendly. They are all very helpful in sharing their linkedin experience and can tell they are very proud of the company and the opportunity to work with them.

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in August 2011.

Interview

I was a client of LinkedIn and sat panel once when LinkedIn had an event in Stockholm. I later on got contacted by the sales rep who sold us the solution (Ciara Desmond) who told me about this awesome opportunity that was coming up in the Nordic region. She gave me the job description and I was later on contacted by Dave (a recruiter) who answered tons of my questions and through him introduced to Lars Ingerslev (manager) who answered some more questions. After all this I had a Skype interview with Dave Burges and then a proper interview with Lars Ingerslev...and then a last call with Dave and after that the job was mine =)

Interview Questions

• I didn´t really get any unexpected questions, nor did I have to do a business case. We did however talk a lot about the process of building things, since the Nordic Office was just taking it´s first baby steps at that time...this was really intriguing to me who just loves to be part of something new and face the challenges of start ups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer it self was really good and in line with the work I was about to do for LinkedIn. Everything form insurances to pension was covered.

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was asked to prepare a sales presentation; even though I have 20+ years of sales experience. There were supposed to be three people interviewing me (in a panel) and on day of interview I was not asked to present and the other panel interviewers did not attend. Horrible interviewer... clearly very inexperienced manager.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask any questions really... hiring manager doesn't know how to qualify candidates. I suspect there are many inexperienced leaders at LI.   Answer Question

Enterprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

- Applied through a Referral
    - Had a first phone screen with HR
    - Had a second call with the recruiter
    - Had a first phone interview with the hiring manager
    - Had a last on site interview with a panel including a role play
    - Finally, salary negotiation with the HR department took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.