LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 May 2019
1,656 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in May 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with the recruiter that went fairly well. She passed me along to the Excel test as next steps.

She told me the test would be an hour long, delivered to me (at a time I specified) via email and that the coordinator would provide confirmation. The day came for me to take the test and I had not yet received any sort of confirmation. I sent a follow-up to the recruiter and she gave me incorrect instructions (instructions for a different role's test). Once I finally received confirmation, I was told again by the test coordinator that I would have an hour to complete the Excel test. The test was delivered to me late (not at the time I specified) and the person who ended up sending me the test told me I only had 45 mins to complete it, despite the fact that I was told by two other people (recruiter & coordinator) that I would have the full hour.

The test was 8 questions with one question containing 4 parts. Even if I were a genius in Excel, it would have been nearly impossible to complete this test in just 45 mins. Reading the instructions and ingesting the data presented would take 10-15 mins alone. If someone could complete this in that amount of time, this role is likely below their pay grade.

Consequently, I did not complete the test but sent it back within the 45 mins I was given. That was two weeks ago, and I still have not heard back from the recruiter, coordinator, or test administrator. Overall, this interview process was highly unorganized and extremely poor.

I felt that they were not considerate of my time. I believe that any interview process has a big impact on one's perception of a company, and this experience left me thinking less of LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used data to draw a conclusion about something.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Shortly after applying, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. A few days later had a technical phone interview with a hiring manager. After that they invite you to interview in person, but I never got that far. Apparently some positions remain open for months since the managers are being picky, even with hundreds of people applying.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are LinkedIn's biggest vulnerabilities? How would you distinguish between state and non-state actors in such and such context? Tell me about an important project you worked on or about a challenge you faced.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was qualified by phone, then had an intro meeting. From there I spoke to HR & did a series of test online before I got to the double stage assignment and presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were not successful in a role and what did you do to change that?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had one phone screen with the recruiter, one onsite with 4 talent acquisition managers for 30 minutes each, and one final phone screen with hiring manager whos team i was being placed on (i did not meet this person during the onsite). I also interviewed with Apple and Google. LinkedIn was by far the best experience and I had feedback on each step within 2 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• When you are put on a new req, what is your process?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first is with the recruiter. The next is with the hiring manager and then it goes to the next two in person. The first is a panel to get to know you and your fit and the next is a sales demo in front of a panel of current employees.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Interviews well organized and interviewers well prepared and professional. Different sessions focused on different skills of candidate and therefore kept interviews interesting. Recruiters had good follow-thru. I had competing offers and they arranged schedules to suit me.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was in 4 stages: an initial portfolio review, two 1-on-1 design interviews, a 5-day takehome design exercise, and a final onsite that consisted of a presentation and several 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• It was a heavy design-centered process, meaning I was only interviewed by designers. I was asked everything from how I conduct my end-to-end process, how I've worked cross-functionally with teams and answered several questions to defend my design exercise in the final onsite presentation.   Answer Question

Client Product Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I had applied on Thursday and received a response within 24 hours. The interview process was overall 5 minutes. We discussed position, responsibilities, salary, location, shifts, and growth opportunities.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite, interviewer did not show up for call first time.
    recruiters returned mail on interviewer not showing up, rescheduled.

Interview Questions

• half of the time could not even hear what the questions were, the interviewer put me on speaker in a conference room my voice was resonating.

Questions were very good, excellent choice of questions for the role and they were 2 technical, 1 behavioral.   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

Phone screen. Absolutely absurd questions to ask a programmer. In the rare case you'd need to know something like the port number for SMTP, which I can't say I ever have, you'd just Google it. Don't understand what they're doing or why they think this is a good way to evaluate people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.