LinkedIn Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 May 2019

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After the phone screen with the recruiter, calls were scheduled with the manager, then the manager's manager, peers, and some other senior leadership. After almost a month and half of discussions, presentations and getting to know people. A face to face meeting at their office was scheduled with a member of the senior leadership and one of the peers on the same day. Referral check was extensive too and when the offer was rolled out, a third party agency is hired to do the background verification. It has been a month since I joined and I truly enjoyed the process, though it was a bit frustrating initially to have these many rounds. But it helped me understand the team better and vice versa. The only complaint is the recruiter not giving feedback instantly and having to follow up, especially when you put in so much effort for each round of discussion.

Interview Questions

• Questions and Presentation were mostly around my past experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted someone in my network and was able to get an interview. My contact reached out to the global supervisor who in turn referred me to the hiring manager. Had to reach out a few times to the hiring manager before I was able to obtain an interview appointment. The interview focused on my personal interests, how I had gotten to tech, and why I was interested in that specific position. Later, I asked questions about the team and the day to day activities within the division.

Interview Questions

• No questions where asked, rather, I was asked to ask questions regarding what I wanted to know about the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied to posting on my graduate school alumni job board.
    * Phone screen the next week.
    * They said they'd call me back in 3 weeks...didn't happen.
    * I then emailed and called several times. No response. I gave up.
    * Two more weeks later they contact me (I had thrown away all my notes by then!)
    * On-site interview the next week. They were 45 minutes late. The interviewer hadn't even read my resume.
    * Two days later they call saying they'd bring me back for 2nd round interviews. They'll call in two weeks to set it up.
    * Three weeks go by...no word. Several emails & calls from me + two more weeks...nothing.

I'm giving up on them. Would I really want to work for people/place this inconsiderate, who repeatedly don't follow through with what they say they're going to do?

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"--interviewer hadn't even read my resume.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Connected through a colleague at a former company and was contacted by a lead in HR who scheduled the 4 hour interview for me. Following the interview, I was scheduled for one follow up phone interview, but it got cancelled and i got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would execute a specific task related to the role   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through linkedin.com and I received an email to speak with a Recruiter a few days later.

The Recruiter was curt and straight to the point. We spoke for ~11 minutes and he/she only wanted to validate my technical credentials. He/She seemed to be completely disinterested in my interest to join the company, background, managerial/leadership style/philosophy, and the things that made me a unique candidate. I got the impression he/she had numerous people to screen and was just looking for yes/no answers. I felt like he/she was looking for a reason to eliminate me from the pool rather than finding someone who is an ideal fit for the culture and career.

For the amount of prep work I did, I did not feel as though I was taken seriously and graded the experience as negative.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, talked to recruiter, and talked the hiring manager. I did not move on to the next round. The case question that hiring manager asked was ok. He was looking for a definite answer. So whatever I said, he would kindly say that not what he was looking for. Then he did give me his answer. I was more in a brainstorming mode.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Omaha, NE (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was great and very professional. My first interview was good but the hiring manager had problems with their bluejeans video chat. I made it on to the second round with a director and it didn't go well. She also had problems with their video software. She was about 10 min late and we had a 20 minute chat. She was more interested in my military background and why I left. Which did I prefer military or corporate? She seemed more interested in what I send my international team for care packages than my current experience which was very similar to what they were looking for. Honestly, i had a bad experience and felt that she didn't care for my veteran experience and the fact that I'm a also a minority, which is a very common trend with silicon valley corporations. Being a veteran is an asset, i traveled to over 25 countries, lead multiple teams, projects and I gained a ton of experience in developing reports. I left the military 8 years ago and I have done many great things since I left all with the same company. I don't know what she was looking for but I have an advance degree, I speak two languages, I have over 15 years of experience in leading people, I work for another tech company and I'm used to the pace and challenges of fast moving environment. I really good with data mining and sourcing. I got no real feedback from the recruiter so, I'm only left to wonder why I did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why did you leave the military? Do you prefer military over corporate? Why are you leaving your current employer? Why linkedin? What are you known for? Are you good with data? How do you build rapport with your team? What do you send in your care packages to your international team?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Great interview process - well orchestrated. Recruiter followed by two screens and one day of final interview. Recruiter was engaged throughout the process and kept me updated. Folks were friendly looking for specific past experience in the role to determine fit.

Manager Interview

Interview

Huge fan of LinkedIn and former Microsoft employee. Recruiter reached out for initial chat and was very nice. Conversation went well until we got to pay LinkedIn was offering a salary that was literally a 40% drop in my current salary. Was really surprised that the overall comp package was so low. Conversation got a little weird after we went over numbers but ultimately we determined that the range would be too low. It would have been nice if LinkedIn asked for salary info ahead of time to ensure both parties are aligined on a range before spending 30 minutes on a call to only find that the salary would not work

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by my friend. I got a call from the recruiter in a day or two and then right away the recruiter said are you ready for a phone screen. I was shocked because I was driving. I like challenges and took it positively, and answered 5 questions. The flip side, I think they just need code monkeys, and can't see the forest view. So decided to not go for it. Short term Linkedin is good, long term they will face challenges.

Interview Questions

• What are the important methods a generic java Object class has?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.