LinkedIn Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Marketing Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2014.

Interview

Process took 6+ weeks and consisted of one phone interview, one Skype interview, one in-person interview. HR slow and unresponsive in communicating next steps. I had to follow up and move each stage along. Process seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Interviews consisted of a review of my skills and experience. Overall seemed to be an easy interview; I was surprised at the lack of communication/information I received from HR regarding my status during the process.

I was never informed that I was not selected, even with the appropriate follow-up. I expected more given the companies mission.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Took a while to get the application in but I was eventually called in for an interview. It was pretty standard. Nice location, interviewer was pretty cool. I like the company overall but in the end was not offered a spot.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 6 in-person interviews. Long, drawn out process that was extremely time consuming. No follow up from HR/Recruiter after weeks of interviewing- took some time to pull an answer out from them. Met a handful of marketing team members during the interviews. Some of the more senior managers were cocky and acted like they were doing me a favor to spend the time interviewing. Other team members were pleasant. Was never offered water or a break for a 6 hour back-to-back, packed interview.

Interview Questions

• You will definitely be asked, 'how do you measure success' in all interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

I was connected to a marketing recruiter at LinkedIn's Mountain View office via a current employee to discuss potential marketing manager opportunities. Although I have held several executive positions over the past few years, this move would represent a transition into a new industry, and I was therefore willing to take a demotion in order to excel and allow my merits to continue propelling me forward and upward.

The recruiter very tactfully let me know that I didn't have the 'pedigree' to be considered even for marketing manager positions at LinkedIn - these positions are apparently reserved for MBA's, and not for people like me, who demonstrate their merit by their achievements and capabilities in the real world, and not by taking out $200k in student loans to be part of a networking club/fraternity for the privilege of a demotion. Apparently, this nebulous and subjective idea of 'pedigree' is what 'progressive' companies such as LinkedIn equate to merit and capability, despite copious data that would suggest otherwise.

A bit of background on me: I have been a marketing executive in the music industry for 5 years - since age 25 - and have been solely responsible for creating and executing comprehensive, multi channel campaigns for grammy-winning artists, and generating millions of dollars in revenue for major record labels and boutique firms alike. I have an array of awards for my marketing work, as well as accolades from my world-famous former clients, and my work has received coverage in publications ranging from NPR to Rolling Stone to Time Magazine.

It is so interesting that nearly a decade of 80 hour work weeks, nearly a decade of laudable achievements, and nearly a decade of substantive contributions to the bottom lines of the companies that I've worked for, fundamental contributions to the careers of clients that you likely know by name, and even my contributions to the industry as a whole mean nothing, and yet a two year degree or even the name of any notable tech company on my resume - regardless of the position - make me a desirable candidate.

Given the frequent lamentations that I hear from many friends who work for major social media companies such as LinkedIn about a lack of diversity in the skill sets and backgrounds of their colleagues, recruiters seem to adhere to a formulaic approach in hiring 'talent' with carbon-copy educational and work backgrounds.

A study published by Stanford University and frequently cited by McKinsey (how's that for pedigree?) states that "diversity across dimensions, such as functional expertise, education, or personality, can increase performance by enhancing creativity or group problem-solving," and "makes a team function with more of the razor's edge it needs to be innovative." Why then, do companies such as LinkedIn, that consider themselves progressive and at the cutting-edge of innovation continue to think within such a narrow, outdated and subjective scope when it comes to hiring? Perhaps, since they are unable to innovate in this arena on their own, they should take a page from Google's book in hiring practices based around the concept of 'intellectual humanity'?

In any case, thank you for showing me what your values and developmental level as a company are early on in the process, LinkedIn. It enabled me to find substantive work with an ethical company that uses actual facts and data in its decision-making processes rather than made up parameters, like 'pedigree.'

Marketing Interview

Interview

It was a basic 30 minute phone call interview. Really nice and very clear as to what the next steps were going to be. Gave a description as to what the company and the culture is like and then asked me some general behavioral questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Two one on one in-person interviews, followed by a presentation to a group.

Interview Questions

• A lot of work to prepare a compelling presentation. Much more challenging than just answering questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in May 2012.

Interview

Contacted and phone screened by an internal recruiter. 2 phone interviews and 2 onsite with the team, cross-functional manager, and the hiring manager. The entire process was professional, well organized, and welcoming. No questions were too difficult or out of line in any way. It was mostly a discussion about experience, style, and vision.

It's a young and energetic company and they know they are a part of something special.

Interview Questions

• What is the best decision tree for the 'people you may know' feature?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2010.

Interview

Great people, very easy conversations. All seem to like their jobs and the people they work with. Has start up feel and attitude. Hard workers, really want to change things online. Seem to be slow moving in decision making and spotty in communication to candidates

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure all client feedback is gathered and acted upon?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.