LinkedIn Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen, four initial rounds and a final onsite with Exec team. Interviewers were very friendly and approachable. Prepare by sharpening your product sense skills. Questions were relevant to previous experience and what a typical PM would do on the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

LinkedIn has been a pretty painful interviewing process purely due to the recruiting team.

The process itself is pretty straight forward.

HR Screen
    Product Manager call
    Interview panel for 5 interviewers

In between each step, the recruiter I worked with took two weeks with radio silence to respond. Even when checking in and nudging, it's been a really disappointing process to not get feedback or updates. I did the final loop three weeks ago and haven't gotten a rejection yet. It's sad that a company whose mission is to help people's professional lives drops the ball on treating applicants like people.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? How would you improve it? Why hasn't the company done so already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The whole process was actually really organized and thoughtful until the end.
    After two phone screens, on site with four pm’s that I thought went well, I never heard back from anyone , despite them saying they would expedite as I had another offer.
    I had higher expectations from LinkedIn.
    The people I met were very kind but I’m disappointed in the lack of professionalism once they decided I wasn’t a fit. For a company that has a mission to help people grow in their careers and economic impact... I felt it was extra disappointing and really made me question the authenticity of their culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you design furniture for Airbnb?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter reached out to me. The process was really badly organized. The role changed halfway through the process. It was near impossible to get a hold of the recruiter, and the person who scheduled some of the interviews was not polite.
    The recruiter provided incomplete and misleading information. For example, she said there would be a take home case that would take "a couple of hours." It required a huge time investment - the assignment was a 10 page spec and wireframes. Meanwhile, the interviewer who reviewed the case only spent about 10 minutes on the case, while the rest of the interview was behavioral. Not at all the expectation the recruiter set.
    I had to fill out almost identical applications multiple times with broken functionality - which doesn't bode well for their organizational efficiency or their development/QA skills.
    I am incredibly disappointed by the LinkedIn interview process. It was months and countless hours of my time, not at all the candidate friendly experience I would expect from a company that seeks to make the world's professionals more productive.

Interview Questions

• Solve the Wason selection task (four-card problem)   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out on linkedin, called me on the phone and did a screen. Then I had 2 phone interviews with Senior Prod Mgrs, 4 on-site with various Group Prod Mgrs and then, about 6-7 weeks later, it was followed that by a 1 video conf interview with an exec product leader

Interview Questions

• See here for details on the questions and the process https://medium.com/@pmcandidate8/linkedin-pm-interview-experience-533eded50d40   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Standard process - Phone screenings and then onsite. The recruiter was super nice. My experience with Onsite interview was negative. Reasons :
    1. there were 4 interviews each lasting 30 minute. With 10 minutes gone in introductions, it left very little time for a meaningful conversation. One outcome of this surfaced in my first interview where the interviewer kept rushing towards understanding all areas of product development.
    2. This comment should reflect only on the interviewer - Please let the person taking the interview talk and explain the answers. The interviewer kept jumping in with his own ideas and appeared to be interested in showing his own product management craft. It was very obnoxious, especially since there was hardly any time in the first place.
    3. The said interviewer was on video conference from 30 miles away. Cmon guys, you flew me in from a different city only to have a video interview!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Met recruiter at a industry event and agreed to schedule a phone screen for the next week. (1) Had phone screen with recruiter, included both questions about my background a few product questions ... Tell me about a product you use often. (2) Scheduled for 45 min phone interview with a PM that covered background, product sense, and analytics. (3) Brought onsite for final interview, three interviews back to back with two Sr. PMs and on Director. Questions included product sense, background questions, analytical questions and execution questions. Took 1.5 weeks for final decision after onsite.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a product that you think could be improved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Just got a call from the recruiter. Asked for my experience and why I would be looking for a new role. The recruiter was very efficient and responsive. She actually got back with reply when she told me she was going to.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter > phone screen > phone interview with hiring manager. The recruiter was top notch. The hiring manager ran through questions very quickly with little follow up. Questions did not seem to align with the JD's required skills.

Interview Questions

• What feature or piece of work are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How would you increase enterprise engagement?   Answer Question
    • If you were a VC, are you more bullish on AR or VR? What app would you build? What would be your killer feature?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

1st - Recruiter. 2nd - Hiring PM, 3rd - Onsite with team members, 4th - Execs

I am still on the 3rd phase of the interview. The onsite takes about 4 hours with 45 minute each slots for each panelist. You will meet with an engr manager, data science manger, and PMs from various teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would pitch Microsoft CEO that linkedin is a good acquisition   Answer Question
    • A/B testing question - how would you test a certain linkedin feature. In my case it was 'people you may know' feature. How would you initially think about it when you don't have any data to base the decision off of?   1 Answer
    • What are your two main product management principles?   Answer Question
    • At what point is the product ready for production?   Answer Question
    • What is the linkedin feature that you love? Be prepared to talk at length about it. Be able to take it apart.   Answer Question
    • What are some main KPIs for project X. Be able to talk at length about metrics and KPIs.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.