LinkedIn Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Relationship Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.1

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in August 2019.

Interview

Probably one of the best interview processes that I've been a part of. I was kept informed during each stage of the process and whenever I had any questions or concerns that recruiter was there to answer them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall, the best interview process I have ever been a part of. They treated me wonderfully throughout the entire process and always answered my emails and phone calls extremely promptly. It was conducted by the best and the brightest that LinkedIn has to offer and shows just how great of a company LinkedIn is. Not an easy interview process - mock presentation, lots of people to meet and talk to, but the culture of LinkedIn really shines through. Would highly recommend to any job seekers!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do a mock scenario.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

Hands down the best recruiters I've ever worked with after interviewing with countless companies.

Interview process was very quick and smooth. 2 rounds of behavioral/situational questions, 1 round of Sales role play, and final round onsite that was mostly behavioral. LinkedIn truly wants to find candidates that are 1. Interested and can succeed in sales 2. Genuinely want to work at LinkedIn 3. Cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important process in the sales cycle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

1. In-house recruiter reaches out for a screening interview.
    2. Roleplay with three hiring managers followed by feedback and Q&A
    3. Phone call with hiring manager & top performer on the team
    4. 1:1 interview & roleplay with the hiring manager

Half-way through the interviewing process, I received an offer from another company. When I let the internal recruiter know this and asked if she was able to work with my timeline, she did everything she could to speed up the process. I had my final two interviews within that week (usually each interview is a minimum of 1 week apart). My final interview was on a Friday; I received my offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your account list into "high-priority," "medium priority," and "low priority," and what is your reasoning?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen was a discovery call role play. Testing knowledge of client engagement and focus on business initiatives. Focus on being yourself. Follow BANT AND Sandler Methodology. You want to go with a consultative approach- all about understand the client’s pains and challenges and understand the business object and financial impact.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role and Linkedin?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

LinkedIn reached out to me on their site. Had a qualifying call shortly after with one of their recruiters and was asked to have a phone call with the hiring manager. On that call I was asked to come in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager and the team. The recruiter prepped me with what I should expect and details of the role-play scenario. After the on-site I had a final round interview with a hiring manager at their SF location (video call).

Overall- this was one of the best interview processes I've been through. The recruiter was wonderful. She constantly checked in, asked for my thoughts on the process, shared feedback, etc. The team and hiring managers were extremely kind and well prepared, honest, and every interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with an at-risk client/how do you know that client is at-risk?
      Is there a method to your success?
      What are the biggest challenges with your current team?
      Do you have a best friend at your current job?
      What's something about you that I can't find on your LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly during the process. The recruiters I worked with were top notch when arranging all of the interviews ... but then they went radio silent after the round of in-person interview. It's been over 2 weeks and radio-silence. Maybe this is normal?!?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Some background: After assessing the available positions in the location I wanted to work at (NYC office), I applied online via LinkedIn and a recruiter reached out to me about a week later. We scheduled a time to speak the next week after that. It occurred to me shortly after we scheduled this time, that I should leverage the power of LinkedIn to not only increase my odds of actually getting an interview, but also to demonstrate that I understand the value of the product. It was at that point that I decided to write personal messages to alumni of my alma mater who work at LinkedIn to ask for advice, informational interviews, and referrals. 2 people referred me internally, and so even though I applied online and got a phone screen independently of their internal referrals, it is possible that their willingness to vouch for me boosted my odds.

This was hands down the BEST interviewing experience I have ever had. I had a phone screen with an associate recruiter, a second screen with a more senior recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, a video conference with the hiring manager, and a last video conference with both the hiring manager and her direct manager. This may slightly differ from the typical process as I was a candidate who did not live in the New York Area.

The phone calls with the recruiters were mostly to check into my background and to gain an understanding of my experience and skill set. The phone conversation with the manager was more conversational-- we talked about my experience, but we also talked about my interests outside of work and her team. I believe this was to assess my "culture fit." The first video conference with her was a mock scenario, and the second video conference was that same mock scenario with both her and her manager, likely to assess how good I was at applying coaching and feedback. After every step, my recruiter made himself available to me to debrief, ask questions, and understand next steps.

I appreciated how many conversations I had because I was given the opportunity to interview the company as well-- was this someplace I could see myself? Do these people truly believe in the Company's mission, vision, and values, or is it just a job for them? The passion and kindness of every person I spoke to, both in my interview process and during my research process, made it abundantly clear that this was a culture I *had* to be a part of. I was considering another opportunity at another tech company, but the experiences I had during my candidacies for the positions were night and day, and LinkedIn came out on top by far.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a renewal scenario where the customer is considering downsizing the current relationship?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied via an internal referral link. After speaking with the referral coordinator, I progressed to a phone screen with the recruiter. Call went well, she said I was a great fit and aligned well with the role. At the end, I was told next step would be a call with the sales team. Well, one month after the phone screen and three unanswered emails later, she replied and said there had been a death in the family and would get back to me with feedback shortly. I followed up once from there but never heard back. Life 100% happens and I absolutely understand but one month+ of empty words is beyond unprofessional. My guess is she was avoiding having to deliver bad news. Isn't that a recruiters job tho? :/

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Walk me through your LinkedIn profile. Tell me about your current role. Elaborate on how you've reached the success you have. Why do you want to work for LinkedIn, etc.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for position on LinkedIn. Contacted by talent acquisition specialist for a 45 minute phone screen to discuss the company, the position and my background. Invited to office for in-person where I was provided a tour of the Chicago office before sitting down with two sales managers for a 15 minute role play and 45 minute Q&A. Pretty basic interview process, Chicago office is turnkey to get warm bodies who have some basic sales training on-boarded, seated and dialing to sell transactional Talent Solution products which is 60% of the entire business.

Interview Questions

• We spent the first 15 minutes in a role play using Ameriprise Financial as the use case (info. was provided in advance of the onsite interview). One of the sales manager's played the part of Kelli (the EVP of HR at Ameriprise) and the other sales manager evaluated my sales process. Post role play both sales managers provided arbitrary feedback, asked questions about my background (with focus on whether or not I would be a cultural fit), and allowed time for me to ask questions. It was very conversational.   1 Answer

After the interview and learning more about the position it did not seem challenging enough for me. Also, Chicago is a very small circle for software sales people and I recognized a few refugees working at this office that had been fired or were about to be fired from previous software jobs. I didn't want to belong to a club that was so quick to hire me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.