LinkedIn Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 Apr 2019

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

It was a batch day, I did a couple of standard interview and then gave a powerpoint sales presentation

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any specific quesitons it was very conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation

They won't negotiate salary

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Took almost 2 months when all was said and done because they were trying to figure out their headcount, but they were very good at keeping me in the loop. Once I got the offer everything moved very quickly.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, which was on the lengthy side for a screener, followed by an in-person with the hiring manager, during which I was asked to conduct a sales presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I had 3 phone screens and 1 in person interview. everyone was very nice and everything went smoothly according to the timeline of what I was told to expect. Everything went really well until I went in for an in person interview. The receptionists were the most unprofessional people I ever met and did not even acknowledge my presence. I thought I did really well in person in the interview - although the role play was hard with limited knowledge. However, I did not get an offer because "they went with someone else". The recruiter that walked me through the whole process did not call me to follow up when she said she would, but emailed me and said "sorry I missed you" and let me know via email, which I thought was unprofessional. She also asked me if I was interested in another role at the company and interviewing, but never answered me when I asked if she could provide me with a job description. I was really excited and interested in this role and working for LinkedIn until the very end when I felt the recruiter no longer cared to communicate with me because I wasn't chosen and I don't know if I would consider interviewing again if given the chance in a different division.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional accomplishment?
      Why do you want to leave your current job?
      What are some of the challenges you face with clients?
      Role play for 10 minutes in the beginning   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Omaha, NE (US)).

Interview

Not sure if it was the company itself or the recruiter. My process was not impressive. The recruiter never followed up even though I was a final candidate. I had to reach out to the recruiter every single time for some sort of an update. Seems unprofessional, especially since this is for talent solutions.

LinkedIn also seems to oversell the "greatness" of their culture. And after my interview the overselling became a red flag. My first interview was with a team member. He was cold and inexperienced. I got a strong sense of arrogance from the team member and also the recruiter. I did not formally speak or see a hiring manager until the final round. And between the time I began the process until the end it was way too long. Months.

I like the things I read and studied about the company. The process just proved it was not for me. If you do feel the company is a great fit here are some things I would suggest you prepare for:

1. Product knowledge - do your research, sign up for a demo
    2. Company direction (10 yr plan - "economic graph")
    3. Sales approach
    4. Uniqueness. They want someone who can bring something new to their team. So stand out!

Interview Questions

• Company XYZ recently had a new HR Manager hired on this year and they don't have experience with LinkedIn for recruiting. They are "coming in hot" and do not want to renew this year. How would you handle this?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What do you have that is unique, makes you stand out, that would be worth hiring?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Went with my gut. Wanted a more mature environment.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

1 phone call with a recruiter, 1 phone call with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager and another sales manager. You are asked to do a sales presentation to the two individuals

Interview Questions

• when have you leveraged relationships to get a successful outcome   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for position on LinkedIn. Contacted by talent acquisition specialist for a 45 minute phone screen to discuss the company, the position and my background. Invited to office for in-person where I was provided a tour of the Chicago office before sitting down with two sales managers for a 15 minute role play and 45 minute Q&A. Pretty basic interview process, Chicago office is turnkey to get warm bodies who have some basic sales training on-boarded, seated and dialing to sell transactional Talent Solution products which is 60% of the entire business.

Interview Questions

• We spent the first 15 minutes in a role play using Ameriprise Financial as the use case (info. was provided in advance of the onsite interview). One of the sales manager's played the part of Kelli (the EVP of HR at Ameriprise) and the other sales manager evaluated my sales process. Post role play both sales managers provided arbitrary feedback, asked questions about my background (with focus on whether or not I would be a cultural fit), and allowed time for me to ask questions. It was very conversational.   1 Answer

After the interview and learning more about the position it did not seem challenging enough for me. Also, Chicago is a very small circle for software sales people and I recognized a few refugees working at this office that had been fired or were about to be fired from previous software jobs. I didn't want to belong to a club that was so quick to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

LinkedIn reached out to me on their site. Had a qualifying call shortly after with one of their recruiters and was asked to have a phone call with the hiring manager. On that call I was asked to come in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager and the team. The recruiter prepped me with what I should expect and details of the role-play scenario. After the on-site I had a final round interview with a hiring manager at their SF location (video call).

Overall- this was one of the best interview processes I've been through. The recruiter was wonderful. She constantly checked in, asked for my thoughts on the process, shared feedback, etc. The team and hiring managers were extremely kind and well prepared, honest, and every interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with an at-risk client/how do you know that client is at-risk?
      Is there a method to your success?
      What are the biggest challenges with your current team?
      Do you have a best friend at your current job?
      What's something about you that I can't find on your LinkedIn?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen was a discovery call role play. Testing knowledge of client engagement and focus on business initiatives. Focus on being yourself. Follow BANT AND Sandler Methodology. You want to go with a consultative approach- all about understand the client’s pains and challenges and understand the business object and financial impact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly during the process. The recruiters I worked with were top notch when arranging all of the interviews ... but then they went radio silent after the round of in-person interview. It's been over 2 weeks and radio-silence. Maybe this is normal?!?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.