LinkedIn SMB Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn SMB Account Executive Interview Questions

3.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a email reply for an interview within one day. Scheduled a 30 minute initial phone call with the recruiter. They were very nice but obviously young, though they were able to explain the various business units and their structure as it pertains to LinkedIn. The recruiter explained the organization into terms the responsibilities of the SMB Account Executives. Interview went well but my concern was the clear youth of the recruiter and there lack of depth and experience being able to appreciate and understand the value of a qualified candidates experience. They just seemed too shallow. They said what the next step would likely be is a call from the hiring manager to prescreen more and explore having me do a mock pitch of selling to the team. Then the recruiter explained they are transferring out of the role and someone else would be following up too.

About a week later I got a call from someone else at Linkedin, another recruiter. They said the hiring manager did not see the experience currently in SMB sales which I definitely had. I did challenge them on that because I knew that was incorrect. I had 5+ years of it plus 10+ years in sales including as an Account Executive. As we talked a bit more it became apparent that it was more of an issue of actually being too senior for the role.

I could probably file an age discrimination claim against them for this blatant rejection given my well aligned qualifications. I would have expected LinkedIn to value experience and maturity.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions asking me to tell more about my background and experience. Asked me about relevant experience in sales.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

SMB Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2009.

Interview

A little long, they pulled the good cop/bad cop routine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter (sits in East coast) for the application I submitted on LinkedIn. The recruiter emailed me on Mon and wanted to set up a call the same week. I emailed the times for Thurs and Fri the same week. She asked me then if it could be Tues or Wed, I agreed and managed my schedule at work and gave the time for Wed. She agreed and sent an invite for Thurs, funny ! I emailed her back clarifying but no answer.

So, I waited on Thurs but the call never came. I emailed her back, she replied that she got stuck and won’t be able to call but she is available on Mon and will be flexible. I said perfect! I sent a few times and she agreed at 12:30pm. Again no call, I sent an email and tried reaching on her number and left a voicemail.

What a negative experience for the candidate from a company like LinkedIn which prides itself in connecting professional for a better career. Highly disappointed! At least communicate that’s the least is expected from anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying through their website, I got an email from the recruiter. First step was a phone screen interview with the internal recruiter. Asked me basic questions about my background and why I'm interested in working at LinkedIn. Then it was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. On my second interview I had to pitch their service. Didn't make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, Pitch our service, Why Linkedin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee at LinkedIn, so the process went rather quickly. I had two phone interviews. The first was a basic qualification conversation with someone in HR, it was really easy and I passed that round with flying colors. The second interview was a Q&A / mock discovery call with two sales managers at LinkedIn. Before the call they sent me the following email, outlining how the call should go.

-----

Issues with the Call

I had two problems with this stage in the interview process. First, I've been a successful SDR for years before being an account executive and know from experience that it's impossible to conduct a SUCCESSFUL discovery call within 15 minutes while also trying to build rapport with your prospects. The second problem with this is that once I got on the call they didn't stick to the agenda of the call and were disorganized and didn't keep track of our conversation points. For example, beforehand I came up enough questions to last about 10 minutes with five minutes to build rapport and to close out the call, seeing that they explicitly mentioned to not go over 15 minutes. However. the first thing they said on the call is to not worry about the time, it's not that important unless it takes 30 minutes or so. That through me off, because I had prepared in advance to ask the most important questions to push the call forward. They also finished with a Q/A instead of beginning with it. Call me crazy but when you set an agenda for how a call should go, you should stick with it. They clearly didn't do this which was frustrating.

-----

The Mock Discovery Call

Based on the email I knew I'd to cover the following things.

1. Build rapport with the attendees on the call
       - To build rapport in a quick amount of time I saw that the company is based in Chicago and coincidentally was being hit with a storm, so I used that as a talking point to build rapport for a minute or two.

2. Ask necessary questions only about their business and recruiting challenges
       - I asked the necessary questions about their business and recruiting challenges. I dove into the companies history, capabilities, etc asked compelling questions to understand what the companies goals are as a whole, how hiring new employees would help them achieve those goals, the quality and characteristics of employees that they're looking for to fit in culturally while being able to perform their job requirements, what their experience has been in using job boards / recruiters and the pros and cons of using each, etc.

3. Uncover all BANT criteria and familiarize myself with the Sandler Sales method
    - I found all of BANT criteria and asked questions related to the Sandler Sales method.

4. Familiarize myself with the talent solutions tools
    - I spend two hours looking at videos and reading material on LinkedIn's website about their talent solutions and knew all six of their tools and where the value lies in each tool.

5. Take notes to use for next steps
    - I took notes for the follow up, and asked questions that would set me up to address some objectives thought I could potentially see arising during the demo.

6. Determine if next steps are appropriate getting them to schedule a demo, if so get a commitment.
    - At the end of the call I summed up our entire conversation, their pain points, their goals, and got them to accept a demo.

Side Note - Just to make sure I would hit a homerun I called my contact at LinkedIn to get some clarification on some of the tools they offer and this person said it's not going to be product focused (But I learned to tools anyway just in case, no big deal), but based on my ability to uncover three things and to ask questions around these.

1. the quality of the candidates they want
    2. the cost of hiring candidates in the past and in future
    3. time period they are looking to hire

All of which I did, extremely well. At the end of the call I a really good picture into their hiring needs and expectations and insights into these three agenda points.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you did good and bad in the mock discovery call?   Answer Question

SMB Account Executive Interview

Interview

First step is a phone screening with the hiring team. The next round is much more in-depth on an hour call. This is mostly about getting to know your way of thinking and selling. Last step is in-person interview.

Account Executive SMB Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was great. The phone interview with 2 sales managers was great as well. Then came the "discovery call". Didn't really have anything to do with selling the product nor did it feel like a real sales call. Very misleading and felt like they were looking for a certain script.

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2011.

Interview

Best Interview Experience... Ever! I was really well prepared but at the same time I've been treated with respect and honesty, both during the phone interview and the 1:1.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions. You just need to know a lot about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Be Honest, direct, confident and humble.

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Reach out to me on linkedin to see if i was interested to have a chat.
    2. First chat on phone to see where my fit was for the company and if im interested. Gave me a short intro about the potential role.
    3.First official interview over phone. took over an hour. They wanted to know my background, also how i qualified leads, how i was measured on targets, how my day to day looks like, why linkedin, digged deep in to how i contact a costumer. Using the S.T.A.R method when you speak to the HR manager.
    4.onsite meeting. meeting with 3 people who are managers. very friendly and fun chat with going through the same things i went through the 1st call and you get the chance to ask questions too.
    5. role play
    6. onsite meeting with presentation and with roleplay and chat with 2 managers.

I got feedback from the HR manager after each call which gave me a better idea of what they wish to hear in the interview and how they want you to structure your day to day activities with the S.T.A.R method.

Too many interview steps for this kind of role and salary.
    Compared to their competition who only have 3 interview steps.
    However I do like that they care of who they pick out for the company and it gave me some time to think if i really wanted it.

They didnt notify me that we would have a roleplay on the last interview as well.
    They told me it was for them to figure out some details to see on what level i was on but i think they already had that answer with the first roleplay. I dont mind having another roleplay but id like to come prepared mentally.

Interview Questions

• how can i be sure you are able to close deals?   1 Answer
    • describe how you are measured on targets?   1 Answer
    • how would your manager describe you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you deal with stress and costumer saying No   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate my salary

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.