LinkedIn SRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn SRE Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Phoneton, OH (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview is about behaviors and some "common senses" of programming.

Next came phone interview is to write script dealing with log files. Regex and file manipulation required.

Interviewer is not quite interested in communicating with me, and interrupted me before I finish my scripts. I know I was not writing the optimal solution though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

telephone screen, telephone interviews, on-site interview day. Very communicative recruiters. Snappy process. Company culture seems pretty typical for tech industry, but more laid back than some of those crazy startups

Interview Questions

• Code Fizzbuzz   Answer Question
    • Troubleshoot some Apache webserver problems   1 Answer
    • Write code to parse syslog lines and print some statistics   Answer Question
    • How would you increase scalability, given this application structure (app servers, load balancer, database, ...)   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. Everyone that interviewed me was super professional, patient, and knowledgable.

I went through an initial technical via the recruiter that found me on LinkedIn, then a programming exercise, then another phone technical about several system level scenarios. Lastly, I was asked to come for a personal one-on-one.

After every interview, the recruiter called me back right away to let me know how I did.

Though I got another offer from another company before the last interview, I had a wonderful experience through the entire process. I would have accepted an offer, if given.

Interview Questions

• Parsing logs exercises   1 Answer
    • How to copy an extremely large file to multiple servers in the system quickly and efficiently.   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an interview at Sunnyvale, CA. Well organized, consisted of 6 different modules: Recruiter Meeting, Incident Response and Management, Service Design and Architecture, Code Review and Analysis, Host Manager, Live Troubleshooting.

I failed miserably on all 6 and needless to say no offer (plus I got a cool down period of 3 years before I can apply to LinkedIn again).

Interview Questions

• During the Live Troubleshooting segment I was tasked with fixing the broken Apache HTTPD. After spending an half an hour trying to get to the problem I been told that the server must had an internal problem that I failed to pinpoint.   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process took almost 6 months. A lot of interviews. Long delays in providing feedback. Few times the interview was cancelled at the very last minute due to unknown reasons. Some of the interviewers are not very professional, apparently lacking experience, struggling formulating questions.

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

1st step: Three screening calls: one for undestanding your profile, one for evaluating your coding skills and one for systems engineering skills.
    2nd step: An on-site interview made from 6 modules, 3 strongly technical (troubleshooting, architecture desing and code reviews), 3 for more soft skills and career path assessment.
    3rd step: A phone one on one with a hiring manager for understanding cultural fit

SRE Interview

Interview

Telephonic interviews, skype interviews & then onsite interviews at their office. Everything technical, Operating systems, Web architecture, Database Systems. Security protocols, TCP (Transmission control protocol), UDP ( User datagram Protocol ), ICMP ( Echo reply ) etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.