LinkedIn Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty redundant. I went through 3 phone interviews and 90 minute on site interview. I was asked the exact same questions during each phone interview, one definitely could have been skipped. When asked during the 3rd interview why I enjoyed sales, I gave the same answer that I had during the previous two (which both of them had been very receptive to), and the 3rd one reacted completely different and he told me that was the reason I didn’t move forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied through employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with a hiring manager within two days. After the phone interview I was invited onsite. The onsite interview was about 2 hours. I then had one follow up phone interview three days later. A week and a half later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens and an in-person interview. After the phone screens I went to SF to meet with my future manager. We sat in a room and he asked me the standard interview questions. When we finished he asked me to do a mock sales presentation. He smiled and gave me feedback on my sales presentation. Little did I know I made a great friend that day.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in LinkedIn   1 Answer

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I did a phone screen with a recruiter, then a few days later did a phone screen with the hiring manager. She invited my to an on-site interview at the end of the phone screen. The on-site interview occurred a few days later. I drove up from the Peninsula to their San Francisco office specifically for the on-site interview, which was only 30 minutes. I met with the manager whom I had spoken with on the phone for about 20 minutes, then she excused herself before the slotted time was up to go to a company party. After knowingly asking me to drive 2 hours each way in pouring (potentially dangerous) rain to interview me for only 30 minutes, I felt that this was rude and selfish. LinkedIn then NEVER FOLLOWED UP after my on-site interview. It has now been over a month since the interview. About a week after the interview, I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring about timelines for hearing back (I was interviewing for other positions), and she responded saying the decision would come after the holidays, but I never heard from anyone at the company after that.

There was a time when I thought companies not sending a rejection email after you send in a resume was bad.....LinkedIn's rudeness and lack of professionality was on another level entirely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very long, drawn out process. Couple phone interviews before final onsite panel interview. Onsite interview consisted of a sales pitch (material provided beforehand) and nothing else. You either nail the pitch 100% or you are rejected. Feedback was subpar and managers did not seem interested. I didn't see a single person smile in the office my entire time there. Employees come across as brainwashed elitist believing they are truly changing the world when in reality, they are doing nothing more than careerbuilder, monster and indeed. Complete waste of time interviewing here. My suggestion to you..don't believe the hype. This place reeks of failure.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Three different phone interviews and one one site interview. Spoke with Recruiter two times and then two managers at the SF office. They were all very nice but the Recruiter mixed up a couple of dates and people of contact. For a company that brokers the hiring process for other companies I thought they should have the best recruiting team in the country. Nothing too bad, I was only surprised by this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewing at the Chicago office - consisted of a phone screen and follow up phone interview then a 2 hour on-site. The entire process took quite a long time, and the interview didn't happen until 5-6 months later.

Understandably it seems they are working out some growing pains in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• After making a sales presentation during the interview, was asked immediately after how I would've improved it.   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email by a university recruiter after I applied to a recruiting position online. We set up a 20 minute phone interview. It was pretty much just telling him my background experience and going down the jobs on my resume. At the end of the call, he told me that he wanted to push me through to the second round to speak with a Sales manager in SF.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend could choose one word to describe you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred to the recruiters through a current employee. I was contacted within a week by a recruiter who did an initial phone screen. I went through three more interviews. Everyone was very approachable but clearly took their jobs very seriously; showing interest in the company's culture and values and belief in the company's products is a must.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational questions and hypotheticals   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process consisted of phone screen with an recruter and then in-house invitational. The in-house invitational was a great experience that consiste of four interviews all about 30 minutes long. The interviews were very straight forward. The first two were more fit based and the last two interviews were more hypothetical and thinking based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what was your biggest weakness is and when did you realize this was your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.