LinkedIn Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.1

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Interview

Started with a Pymetrics evaluation. I was seemingly rejected based soley on those results, as they already reviewed my application and were satisfied otherwise. It actually was extremely dissatisfing as there are noticable flaws with the design of some of those games. Instead of hollistically considering you as a candidate, it puts you in a box. Really terrible way to screen people.

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty redundant. I went through 3 phone interviews and 90 minute on site interview. I was asked the exact same questions during each phone interview, one definitely could have been skipped. When asked during the 3rd interview why I enjoyed sales, I gave the same answer that I had during the previous two (which both of them had been very receptive to), and the 3rd one reacted completely different and he told me that was the reason I didn’t move forward.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied through employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with a hiring manager within two days. After the phone interview I was invited onsite. The onsite interview was about 2 hours. I then had one follow up phone interview three days later. A week and a half later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very long, drawn out process. Couple phone interviews before final onsite panel interview. Onsite interview consisted of a sales pitch (material provided beforehand) and nothing else. You either nail the pitch 100% or you are rejected. Feedback was subpar and managers did not seem interested. I didn't see a single person smile in the office my entire time there. Employees come across as brainwashed elitist believing they are truly changing the world when in reality, they are doing nothing more than careerbuilder, monster and indeed. Complete waste of time interviewing here. My suggestion to you..don't believe the hype. This place reeks of failure.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I did a phone screen with a recruiter, then a few days later did a phone screen with the hiring manager. She invited my to an on-site interview at the end of the phone screen. The on-site interview occurred a few days later. I drove up from the Peninsula to their San Francisco office specifically for the on-site interview, which was only 30 minutes. I met with the manager whom I had spoken with on the phone for about 20 minutes, then she excused herself before the slotted time was up to go to a company party. After knowingly asking me to drive 2 hours each way in pouring (potentially dangerous) rain to interview me for only 30 minutes, I felt that this was rude and selfish. LinkedIn then NEVER FOLLOWED UP after my on-site interview. It has now been over a month since the interview. About a week after the interview, I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring about timelines for hearing back (I was interviewing for other positions), and she responded saying the decision would come after the holidays, but I never heard from anyone at the company after that.

There was a time when I thought companies not sending a rejection email after you send in a resume was bad.....LinkedIn's rudeness and lack of professionality was on another level entirely.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Interview

Conducted initial phone interview. Asked basic questions on product development and marketing strategy.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but was asked about building a sales force.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

- be prepared to describe why you want to work for LinkedIn... not just cause its a cool tech company but because of why it's doing something that you want to be a part of!
    - know how we make money!
    - don't apply for a job here and not have a LI profile

Interview Questions

• How many pens can you fit into an airplane?
      How many windows are in San Francisco?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Came in to give a sales pitch after a series of phone calls. They give you material to study before the pitch. You must know this material and demonstrate it during your pitch. They went on to have me interview with a sales dev specialist team leader and the sales dev manager. Overall everyone was vey nice and gave immediate feedback.

Interview Questions

• What did you do wrong during your sales pitch?   1 Answer

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Great quick & thorough and they give you a gift bag.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens and an in-person interview. After the phone screens I went to SF to meet with my future manager. We sat in a room and he asked me the standard interview questions. When we finished he asked me to do a mock sales presentation. He smiled and gave me feedback on my sales presentation. Little did I know I made a great friend that day.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.