LinkedIn Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 8 Apr 2019

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I initially came across the role by leveraging LinkedIn and found that I was connected to people at the company and requested an introduction. There was the obligatory phone screen interview followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager and one of his colleagues. The questions were good and I thought the process to be sound when looking for a candidate. Post the first phone screen interview and the one on one I sent my thank you notes to everyone who participated in the interview process only to get zero acknowledgment or response for coming in. Its been a long time since I have interviewed and maybe that's common place today but thought that was lacking and should have been telling as to the people I may have worked with. Also very disappointing was the follow up of the recruiting team after the interview. I received a single e-mail post the interview from the person recruiting for the role letting me know he should know something by next week as far as the next steps in the process and would get back to me right away. Almost a month later I get the dear John e-mail advising they have decided to pass on my application but will keep my resume on hand for other opportunities which we all know is lip service for there still may be hope. I read other interview accounts from Glassdoor which spoke of the interview process at LinkedIn and their lack of respect for you or your time but pressed on only to find the experience to be true. I think I may have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Think of a local technology company that you have not worked for? Pause.......now sell me their product.   Answer Question
  • How would you approach this patch if you were simply given a list and a telephone knowing nothing about the accounts?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

The guy I interviewed with thinks he is a know it all because he was a lawyer for three years at some high firm before coming to LinkedIn. Then he goes on to saying how he was to good at what he did and wanted to be able to look at people in the eyes. He will brag about it during the interview so you don't have to worry. He'll come across rough but if you stay on top of your feet he'll like that. Also be aggressive and let him know you are a planner.
    Melinda the HR lady is great. She'll help you with anything you need.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LinkedIn   1 Answer
    • Do you like to plan in advance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, hour long phone interview with hiring manager. Next, I did a presentation for the team and more skills tests. Then had onsite interviews (4 hours). HR seemed nice, but busy, two different people emailed and called me, neither aware that I had spoken to hiring manager. You should follow up with them if there is a lapse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

My interview experience in a nutshell: 3+ months, 14 interviews, 3 separate visits on-site to interview, and no decision yet. Not to mention, HR has missed a self-imposed deadline of "we'll let you know about next steps" on 3 separate occasions.

Seriously, the worst interview experience I have probably ever had. I enjoyed meeting many of the people I interviewed with (with one notable exception) and the company seems like a nice place to work at. However, the way they have treated them throughout the interview process has completely turned me off. I have interviewed at other tech companies in the area (Google, Facebook), and this has been the most unprofessional unorganized process.

Still have yet to hear about next steps for me, which is probably not good news. However, I will decline either way.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and then took part in a phone screen, followed by an informal group interview off-site, then an all-day onsite interview. They made the whole process streamlined and enjoyable. The three all-day interviews weren't too difficult, and they went to great lengths to make all the candidates as relaxed and comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't feel a need to negotiate. The package was quite good.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2016.

Interview

Two experiences with interviewing, polar opposites of each other. First experience was good with two initial phone screens, one phone interview and one on site presentation. Clear feedback as to why the job was not offered, however a lot of positive and supportive response. This provided me with incentive and determination to apply again. At this point I was very interested in working for the company.

Was contacted for different interview for a different sales position within one month of the last interview. HR recruiter was less than interested in what I had to say, did not follow up whatsoever after our first conversation. Conversation was not engaging and the recruiter did not put any effort to build rapport or explain why this role would be a desired position. A follow up telephone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager, with a last minute confirmation about 20 minutes before interview. Interviewer was late to call, was not interested in anything that was being said and was unclear as to what Linkedin was really looking for in this role beyond a job description. Cold, unreceptive and vague as to what the job realities were beyond a generic description that fit exactly the job posting and nothing more.

Sent two follow up e-mails and called recruiter twice in the span of 3 weeks, to no avail. Completely lacking professionalism and reflecting poorly on the company culture. Same with the hiring manager who did not respond to follow up. Three weeks after the screening and phone interview, I received an automated response from their applicant tracking system stating I was again not selected. Despite a polite and courteous e-mail to both parties requesting clarification as to why I was not selected, again this was rewarded with silence.

For an qualified applicant who fits all the criteria for selection and interviewing in the final rounds, I would have expected to be treated better. This soured my impression of the company and they should really focus on having more transparent communications with their candidates, especially those who are motivated by the culture rather than the compensation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2018.

Interview

Long process, first you have interview with recruiter, then with a hiring manager, then onsite interview with numerous team members, then a video interview. Everything was going smoothly until my recruiter called and left me a message that I didn't get the position. After trying to reach back out 6 times for feedback I have never heard back. It is frustrating to go through that many interviews and be denied but I understand, however I can't understand not responding to feedback inquiry after you but someone through a 5 week process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I don’t doubt LinkedIn is a great company to work for, I use their products and fully believe in them, however they do not treat people with respect during the interview process. They drag it on for months, lead you on, aren’t very responsive throughout the process, and it sounds like no one knows what’s going on or recruiters aren’t on the same page with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Standard role play, they want to see your ability to ask the right questions in the first sales call and close for next steps. Not hard if you’re a true salesperson.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial communication and interaction was good
    Post accepting the offer, it turned a nightmare.
    I kept getting unreasonable surprises as demands on conditions on the next steps which could have jeopardised my future.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Three initial meetings with different recruiters. First meeting was very informal and casual describing the roles and reviewing initial resume. Second was more formal with more direct questions and third was 30 minutes long and not as many questions. Surprised at the very poor follow up - missed or untimely appointments. Did not feel they had their act together.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your most proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.