Lloyds Banking Group Commercial Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 3 Mar 2019

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Standard online application form, followed by online reasoning, situational and numerical tests. Fairly standard. One way recorded video interview follows, 90 second slots to record a response. Normal questions but still strange experience to begin with.

Assessment Centre

AC is fairly long day, 8.30-15.45, but is very clearly explained beforehand. Day begins with a talk by 2 current graduates, good overview of program and day ahead. Testing is broken down into 5 sections.

First was group exercise, as described previously. Was in teams of 4, asked to give a short group presentation on ways to make Lloyds best bank for customers. Given instructions and then flash cards every 90 seconds to aid you and show team ability. Just be yourself, friendly and co-operative and relate back to Lloyd's views and strategy.

Second was individual interview. Broken into 3 sections. Strengths (include examples), motivation (be yourself) and competency. Competency was really just your knowledge of banking industry, current financial topics and Lloyd's position within this. Do a few hours research on scheme and Lloyds and should be good to go. Again keep relating back to 3 points of their strategy for being best bank.

After lunch we had the individual written exercise. 6 scenarios (extremely similar to online situational judgment) and a box to write how you would deal with this. My advice is to write fast (must finish), bullet point, be honest of what you would do, and relate back to values and strategy. Very easy if you do this.

Then the pitch. Prep beforehand. Come up with simple idea, maybe write it down on a piece of A4 and give to examiner as reference. Make bullet pointed cards, being clear, keep eye contact and again relate back to values. Don't worry about being nervous and just try your best.

Finally was a numerical test. 20 minutes for 20 question. Basic calculator so if questions look long then skip because they will cost you time. Very similar to online test so just try your best again.

And after all that, the day is over. The lady who organised the day asked us about experience. She was friendly and helped throughout. Overall was a very good assessment day, which was great experience. Was accepted onto the scheme and received offer 11 days (6 working) after AC.

Interview Questions

• Asked to discuss current issues that I considered the most important for the banking industry and financial markets.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by tests and if you passed that you was invited to a video interview. The video interview was based on 12 competency questions and you had 30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer.

Interview Questions

• 12 questions, standard competency questions: why lloyds, why this role, time when you have shown initiative, how do you react to being placed in a new team, time when you exceeded expectation. You have 30 second to prepare and 90 second to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

After passing three tests (numerical, verbal reasoning and ethical), I had a skype interview where the questions were mainly motivational and there were two or three questions about the company like why Lloyds and how the bank differs from all others. The skype interview lasted around 30minutes

Interview Questions

• Why Lloyds?
      How does Lloyds differ from the other banks?
      What would I do in a specific situation?
      What are my strengths?
      Situation where I have shown leadership skills?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Given 30 seconds to prepare and answer about 9 questions. The questions were fairly okay to answer and nothing completely unexpected came up. It was more about you and how you would answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LLoyds   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and completed the online test. The second stage is an online interview, with about 9 questions, have to answer within a time limit. The process went well, and the questions are strength-based, but was quite standard.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Solihull, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

online test: numerical, verbal, situational
    video interview: 8 questions
    assessment centre : group exercise, presentation. vr excersie

Important to be yourself. Can't really prepare for the assessment centre but they make you feel very comfortable and at ease

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.