Lloyds Banking Group Customer Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Customer Adviser Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

It was very straight way interview. Competency based. I had assessment followed by role play. The interviewers were friendly and nice. They initial did telephone interview which was still competency based.

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Customer Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

I have so far participated in a thirty minute telephone interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly and completely understanding when signal issues caused problems at the start of the call. It consisted of four general questions and four skill based questions. I was offered the opportunity to participate in a Selection Event day within ten minutes of ending the interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this role?   3 Answers
    • What do you know about Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a part of a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer complaint and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Customer Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job via Indeed.com and a day later I received a text message inviting me to take part in the next stage of the application - the telephone interview. I was asked to log onto my account to book my interview at a time and date that was convenient for me.

Once I had booked my telephone interview I received an e-mail letting me know how I should prepare - which was really handy as I was so nervous. I was sent a text message reminding me about the date and time I had booked my telephone interview for and advising me that there was a number I could call if I wanted to cancel it.

The telephone interview lasted about 20 minutes (they said it would be roughly 30-40). They asked me about 4 customer service competency based questions and at the end the interviewer put me on hold. After taking me off hold he advised me that I had passed the telephone interview and invited me to the assessment day. He booked the date and time there and then but confirmed that I could log onto my candidate portal to change it if needed. I was then e-mailed further details.

I arrived at the building about 15-20 minutes early. There were 6 candidates altogether including myself. The assessment day lasted about 4-5 hours. It consisted of; a brief introduction to Lloyds Banking Group & submission of our ID & references, a one to one interview, a group exercise, a role play and then a brief tour of some of the building.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Lloyds Banking Group?
      2. Tell me about a time when you worked successfully as part of a team.
      3. Name a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      4. Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback. How did you handle it?
      5. What strengths can you bring to this role?   Answer Question

Customer Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

I felt the recruitment process once the offer was made, was completely unreasonable. So to start... I have applied on the company's website and received communication the next day to advise they would like to hold a phone interview. I was sent a link and booked in a slot. A week later, on the agreed date, I receive the call on time which took roughly around 15min. I was asked some behavioural questions, what good service meant to me, etc. I was then put on hold for a couple of minutes and the recruiter then came back to say I was successful and booked me in for an assessment centre, that took place about 3 weeks later (8th of March).
    I received two emails and a call the day before the assessment centre, to make sure I was still attending and that I was bringing the correct documentation. It also advised to arrive 15min early as the assessment centre was going to start at 12pm sharp. I arrived a good 20min in advance, however we were left to stand in the corner of the reception until around 12.30pm before we were taken through. We were taken to a room to watch a short video, which was not set up and took another 10min of back and forth, before it started. This was on the company's culture, etc. This was then followed by a 1:1 interview, that took about half an hour and consisted of standard question pack.
    Lastly, we all had to do 2 role plays, where we were given a script and had to speak to a "customer" and resolve their issue by using the script. We were given feedback on the first role play, to help us prepare for the second one.
    Until this stage, I found the process relatively easy and relaxed. In the 1:1 and the role-play I felt at ease.
    The next day I was called and advised that I was successful and offered a conditional offer. The bells rang when I it appeared that the working days were misadvertised online as well as the starting date was 3 days later than previously stated. I was then advised that my offer can still be withdrawn, based on the outcome of vetting, which I was happy with. I was then asked what my notice period was, and after saying 3-4 weeks, I was asked if I could ask my CURRENT EMPLOYER to see if I could get it any lower (in case vetting was to run over). I was then informed that you cannot go away within the 6 week training period (fair enough) however the starting date could potentially be pushed back if vetting was to take longer. Lastly, I was casually asked to open a bank account with then, which was not optional and you couldn’t take your application further without doing so. This was not mentioned at any point on the whole process and I felt extremely uncomfortable opening one, before any concrete offer was made.
    So to sum it up, once the offer was made (on basis that it could be withdrawn), I found the requirements unreasonable and a lot was expected, with nothing promised in return and with no flexibility towards the employee. I ended up withdrawing my application the following day, which was a shame as I was looking forward to working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? Describe a time you suggested/implemented a new process? Why do you want to work for the company and what makes you the right candidate?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.